Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stop Hindians making sambar

+3
ashdoc
Vakavaka Pakapaka
Kayalvizhi
7 posters

Go down

Stop Hindians making sambar Empty Stop Hindians making sambar

Post by Kayalvizhi Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:37 pm

Last week I was in Seattle. Went to a South Asian restaurant run by a Hindian. Had Dosai. He provided a bowl of sambar also. It tasted bitter, nothing like sambar. These Hindians are ruining the taste of great Tamil dishes.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Stop Hindians making sambar Empty Re: Stop Hindians making sambar

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:17 pm

I ate sambar in a Madurai upscale restaurant. It was gaud awful compared to what I ate in a small town food outlet in coastal Andhra. :-)

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:52 pm

Kayalvizhi wrote:Last week I was in Seattle. Went to a South Asian restaurant run by a Hindian. Had Dosai. He provided a bowl of sambar also. It tasted bitter, nothing like sambar. These Hindians are ruining the taste of great Tamil dishes.
so when is tamil nadu going to get 'liberated' from hindian oppression ?  Sleep

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:52 pm

Kayalvizhi wrote:Last week I was in Seattle. Went to a South Asian restaurant run by a Hindian. Had Dosai. He provided a bowl of sambar also. It tasted bitter, nothing like sambar. These Hindians are ruining the taste of great Tamil dishes.

Sambar is not Tamil at all. It is a contribution of the royal kitchens of the Maratha rulers of Tanjavur.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:41 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:

Sambar is not Tamil at all. It is a contribution of the royal kitchens of the Maratha rulers of Tanjavur.
there is no tanjavur; there is only a thanjavur. in any case, the 't' has never been pronounced correctly in india.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:05 am

zambar (note the sp.). texas!

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:16 am

swapna wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:

there is no tanjavur; there is only a thanjavur. in any case, the 't' has never been pronounced correctly in india.
Thanks for pointing it out. Actually I meant Tanjore. I amended the spelling to Tanjavur only so language fanatics wouldn't whine. Futile attempt, I see.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:35 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
swapna wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:

Thanks for pointing it out. Actually I meant Tanjore. I amended the spelling to Tanjavur only so language fanatics wouldn't whine. Futile attempt, I see.

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:51 am

Idiot,

Show us the patent on Sambar that you carry.

I believe you have Max's approval (or his IP address) for this post.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:08 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:

Marathas were not the only rulers of Tanjavur. Nayakas also ruled the place.

So, are you suggesting that not just the music and dance but also the food was fostered by non-Tamils? Kayar Vizhi will commit hara kiri.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:42 am

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:

Marathas were not the only rulers of Tanjavur. Nayakas also ruled the place.

So, are you suggesting that not just the music and dance but also the food was fostered by non-Tamils? Kayar Vizhi will commit hara kiri.

I agree.... after all Telugus and Telugu came out of Tamil. So everything is actually Tamil-ian.

Agila Ulagathamizh Vaazhga.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:04 pm

southindian wrote:
Idiot,

Show us the patent on Sambar that you carry.

I believe you have Max's approval (or his IP address) for this post.
it's zambar (note the sp.). texas in advance!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:05 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:I ate sambar in a Madurai upscale restaurant. It was gaud awful compared to what I ate in a small town food outlet in coastal Andhra. :-)

it's zambar (note the sp.). texas in advance!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down