Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

parle g and butter

2 posters

Go down

parle g and butter Empty parle g and butter

Post by Guest Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:26 pm

just now son took out a parle g biscuit to eat... 

maybe either coz i am in a lot of pain, or maybe am under too much painkiller influence, but it triggered a sudden memory. 

told son how we used to sometimes add a thin slice of butter and make a parle g sandwich out of it. it's been so so many years since i did that, or even thought of that. to the point, that i am even forgetting how it tasted. 

anyone else did it?

our other sinful snack used to be ghee shakkar roti. i think this one was much more popular. even though we used to be super active kids, if i have clogged arteries at 60, it will totally be understandable lol.

Back to top Go down

parle g and butter Empty Re: parle g and butter

Post by Guest Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:38 pm

someone is trying desperately to ingratiate herself with the other posters on this forum.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:01 pm

Meghna Mathur wrote:just now son took out a parle g biscuit to eat... 

maybe either coz i am in a lot of pain, or maybe am under too much painkiller influence, but it triggered a sudden memory. 

told son how we used to sometimes add a thin slice of butter and make a parle g sandwich out of it. it's been so so many years since i did that, or even thought of that. to the point, that i am even forgetting how it tasted. 

anyone else did it?

our other sinful snack used to be ghee shakkar roti. i think this one was much more popular. even though we used to be super active kids, if i have clogged arteries at 60, it will totally be understandable lol.

I used to put a layer of Ghee OR jam as sandwich... and imagine that to be the JB Mangaram's strawberry biscuits. Those were not bad.

recently, in India at someone's house I ate a cookie/cream biscuit and all oldies laughed... saying I still ate cream biscuits the way I ate as a kid. American cookies and biscuits are no match for what we get in Indian bakeries. Salt and/or pepper butter biscuits are no where else to be found.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:19 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

anyone else did it?

I used to put a layer of Ghee OR jam as sandwich... and imagine that to be the JB Mangaram's strawberry biscuits.  Those were not bad.

recently, in India at someone's house I ate a cookie/cream biscuit and all oldies laughed... saying I still ate cream biscuits the way I ate as a kid. American cookies and biscuits are no match for what we get in Indian bakeries. Salt and/or pepper butter biscuits are no where else to be found.
ask our KKKKKKK teashop chAi paiyan, oops thaiyaa thakka chotai thatha, he will make it for you Razz

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:21 pm

Meghna Mathur wrote:

yes, this used to be a quick snack for us as kids. only that we would use butter. also cheeni paranthas.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:34 pm

love cheeni paratha... and many people don't like it, but x-mil makes kickass gud roti.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:40 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

anyone else did it?

I used to put a layer of Ghee OR jam as sandwich... and imagine that to be the JB Mangaram's strawberry biscuits.  Those were not bad.

i like most American cookies. the only ones we just could not find tasting good is cream rolls that we used to LOVE in a local bakery back home. The cream rolls here look tempting so we always buy it, but is always a huge disappointment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down