Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bharara strikes again

+2
FluteHolder
silvermani
6 posters

Go down

Bharara strikes again Empty Bharara strikes again

Post by silvermani Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:12 pm

Sanjay Valvani, a portfolio manager who worked at Jacob Gottlieb's Visium Asset Management, turned himself in to the federal authorities Wednesday morning.
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Bharara strikes again Empty Re: Bharara strikes again

Post by FluteHolder Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:44 pm

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by silvermani Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:27 am

Sanjay Valvani, a hedge fund manager at Visium Asset Management LP who was arrested last week on insider trading charges, has been found dead in an apparent suicide, the police said on Tuesday. Valvani, 44, was discovered by his wife in their bedroom on Monday evening at their Brooklyn residence with a wound to his neck, a New York Police Department spokeswoman said.

My first reaction is "why do these people do such things with the risk involved?". But then on Wall st probably "everybody does it" and even a sincere trader can be seduced by money, drugs and whores.
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:06 pm

apparently he slashed his neck! so painful and what a scary way to die. this makes me think he was guilty and felt he had no chance of coming out of this clean. very sad. his wife made the mistake of giving up her job as a first grade teacher after becoming so wealthy. there is a lesson in this for all women: to continue working no matter whom you're married to.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:44 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:apparently he slashed his neck! so painful and what a scary way to die. this makes me think he was guilty and felt he had no chance of coming out of this clean. very sad. his wife made the mistake of giving up her job as a first grade teacher after becoming so wealthy. there is a lesson in this for all women: to continue working no matter whom you're married to.

No big deal. Now the case is closed and all the loot is safe(ly in her hands). She does not need to work anymore and I am sure a number of Valvanis will be lining up for her (in line with the modern Indian culture).

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:52 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:apparently he slashed his neck! so painful and what a scary way to die. this makes me think he was guilty and felt he had no chance of coming out of this clean. very sad. his wife made the mistake of giving up her job as a first grade teacher after becoming so wealthy. there is a lesson in this for all women: to continue working no matter whom you're married to.

No big deal. Now the case is closed and all the loot is safe(ly in her hands). She does not need to work anymore and I am sure a number of Valvanis will be lining up for her (in line with the modern Indian culture).

eeew..for someone from Brooklyn, na... No

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by silvermani Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:56 pm

What if this was a clean up job ordered by his higher ups? His death is very convenient for quite a few people.
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:57 pm

i don't think the case will be closed just because he killed himself. there is still a charge to prove and extract his ill-gotten gains. this is not a victimless crime like you think.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:35 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

i don't think the case will be closed just because he killed himself. there is still a charge to prove and extract his ill-gotten gains. this is not a victimless crime like you think.

This is not known to happen. I would have sucked every penny from Rajat Gupta's family and that Rajaratnam's family. But Rajat Gupta is still very wealthy and will live happily ever after - like Vijay Mallya.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down