Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suryanath Upadhyay: "Telugu is not my mother tongue, yet it is my favorite language"

Go down

Suryanath Upadhyay: "Telugu is not my mother tongue, yet it is my favorite language" Empty Suryanath Upadhyay: "Telugu is not my mother tongue, yet it is my favorite language"

Post by Guest Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:19 pm

HYDERABAD: When Telugus representing associations from different parts of the globe got together to confer on ways of preserving and promoting their culture and language, one voice was heard in rapt attention. Interestingly, it was that of a man whose mother tongue happened to be Bhojpuri!

Suryanath Upadhyaya, standing counsel of the Allahabad High Court, won accolades at a conference of national and international Telugu associations on Saturday when he declared, "Telugu naa mathru bhasha kadu, Telugu naa abhimana bhasha (Telugu is not my mother tongue yet it is my favourite language)".

Mr. Upadhyaya was bitten by the bug of Telugu in the late 1960s and he went on to learn the language and even translate a Telugu book into Hindi.

http://www.thehindu.com/2005/09/11/stories/2005091115480200.htm

Back to top Go down