Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Waiting to see

+3
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Idéfix
Hellsangel
7 posters

Go down

Waiting to see Empty Waiting to see

Post by Hellsangel Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:24 pm

How long the Dems keep Khizr Khan front and center before they realize it is going to backfire.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Waiting to see Empty Re: Waiting to see

Post by Idéfix Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:54 pm

The more interesting question is how long The Donald will keep him front and center by responding to him.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:58 pm

Idéfix wrote:The more interesting question is how long The Donald will keep him front and center by responding to him.

Com esta Senor

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:00 pm

Idéfix wrote:The more interesting question is how long The Donald will keep him front and center by responding to him.
C'mon! Donald is doing the right thing, thoroughly exposing that male chauvinist pig.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:05 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
C'mon! Donald is doing the right thing, thoroughly exposing that male chauvinist pig.
Haha, did you see Ghazala Khan's oped piece in the Post?
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:08 pm

It was a trap and the moron just walked right into it. Khan doesn't seem about to quit.

Good to see you Charvaka.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:12 pm

Idéfix wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Haha, did you see Ghazala Khan's oped piece in the Post?
No. Will check it out.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:12 pm

[quote="MaxEntropy_Man"]It was a trap and the moron just walked right into it. Khan doesn't seem about to quit.

Good to see you Charvaka.[/quote]
Sure. Let's go with that when you only want to read Libby views.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:16 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:It was a trap and the moron just walked right into it. Khan doesn't seem about to quit.

Good to see you Charvaka.
For all the problems with normal politicians and their glib talk, this situation illustrates the problems with the other political trope: straight-talking, political-correctness-be-damned, giving-it-to-you-straight non-politician outsider. Any two-bit pol would have known not to hit back at Khan, to give him a wide berth until he disappeared from the news after a couple of days. But not the Short-Fingered Vulgarian.  

Thanks, good to see you as well. How are things with you?
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:16 pm

HA, do you plan to vote the short-fingered vulgarian?
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:18 pm

Idéfix wrote:HA, do you plan to vote the short-fingered vulgarian?
I don't plan to vote for Shrillery. Simple.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:25 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
You didn't answer the question.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:29 pm

Idéfix wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
That's my answer ABC - Anybody But Clinton.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:32 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
Idéfix wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
If you are going to vote for the vulgarian, you should get comfortable with yourself for doing so. Don't be so shy about admitting in public that you will vote for him. It's OK.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:37 pm

Idéfix wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
Idéfix wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
If you are going to vote for the vulgarian, you should get comfortable with yourself for doing so. Don't be so shy about admitting in public that you will vote for him. It's OK.
If I were voting for him, trust me I would admit I am, happily. Unlike you who is being shy about why you and the Admin suddenly logged on after a long gap.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:41 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
Idéfix wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
Idéfix wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
If I were voting for him, trust me I would admit I am, happily. Unlike you who is being shy about why you and the Admin suddenly logged on after a long gap.
Oh, are you on the brink of answering my simple question? Are you planning to not vote for the short-fingered vulgarian, then? 

Don't know what conspiracy theory you have going on for my logging in suddenly here after a long gap. I am sure it will be mildly amusing to hear it, if you felt like sharing it.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:51 pm

Idéfix wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
Idéfix wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
Idéfix wrote:
Oh, are you on the brink of answering my simple question? Are you planning to not vote for the short-fingered vulgarian, then? 

Don't know what conspiracy theory you have going on for my logging in suddenly here after a long gap. I am sure it will be mildly amusing to hear it, if you felt like sharing it.
I have already asked the reason why the Admin logged in. The Admin ID was already logged in even before I asked my question and sure enough, you fixed the new accounts issue. Yeah yeah, I know you separate church and state. 

As to who I am voting for - I already answered that to Il Professore -  if the choice between the two major parties is the current choice. I am sure with your Google skills you can find it.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:54 pm

This article shows some of the possible things the vulgarian could have said in response to Khan's DNC speech... instead he took the bait. 

The possible lines of response are from Reihan Salam, conservative contributor to the National Review. 

http://www.vox.com/2016/7/31/12335842/donald-trump-khan-muslim-soldier
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:57 pm

Hellsangel wrote:I have already asked the reason why the Admin logged in. The Admin ID was already logged in even before I asked my question and sure enough, you fixed the new accounts issue. Yeah yeah, I know you separate church and state.
Actually I logged in as admin because when I logged in to this ID I saw a private message requesting an admin action.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:58 pm

Idéfix wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:I have already asked the reason why the Admin logged in. The Admin ID was already logged in even before I asked my question and sure enough, you fixed the new accounts issue. Yeah yeah, I know you separate church and state.
Actually I logged in as admin because when I logged in to this ID I saw a private message requesting an admin action.
I bet!
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:44 pm

He accepted a Purple Heart from a soldier just because he was offered one. Ugh.. Despicable judgment. And Khan's educating him on how tasteless that is.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/02/politics/khizr-khan-donald-trump-purple-heart/index.html
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:47 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:He accepted a Purple Heart from a soldier just because he was offered one. Ugh.. Despicable judgment. And Khan's educating him on how tasteless that is.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/02/politics/khizr-khan-donald-trump-purple-heart/index.html

And how does Clinton poll with the active serving Armed Forces?

Has Khan also explained why he needed to bring down his website?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:09 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:He accepted a Purple Heart from a soldier just because he was offered one. Ugh.. Despicable judgment. And Khan's educating him on how tasteless that is.

And how does Clinton poll with the active serving Armed Forces?

Has Khan also explained why he needed to bring down his website?

Regardless of poll numbers I find that reprehensible. And so would most normal mentally healthy people.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:19 pm

Whoa. That was stronger than the DNC speech.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:29 pm

Looks like the Paki is smelling roses and perhaps planning for a political game. was he the ONLY muslim to die in service ? What about the others? the more they play, the more likely the Paki will slip (Trump slips all the time but escapes falling) and hurt Hillary badly. He is pushing the Quron a bit too far.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:58 pm

One of the reasons the media finds the Trump vs. Khan controversy interesting is this. Trump has zero self-awareness, and Khan is higher on self-awareness than the average person. In this CNN video you can see Khan getting angry and then catching himself -- and apologizing for it before moving on in a more composed manner. In his interviews you can see him visibly trying to restrain his own emotions. On the other hand you have Trump who brags about his humility, unselfconsciously says that he has made many sacrifices for the country, and routinely demonstrates the emotional restraint of a child. That contrast is compelling.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:05 am

Idéfix wrote:One of the reasons the media finds the Trump vs. Khan controversy interesting is this. Trump has zero self-awareness, and Khan is higher on self-awareness than the average person. In this CNN video you can see Khan getting angry and then catching himself -- and apologizing for it before moving on in a more composed manner. In his interviews you can see him visibly trying to restrain his own emotions. On the other hand you have Trump who brags about his humility, unselfconsciously says that he has made many sacrifices for the country, and routinely demonstrates the emotional restraint of a child. That contrast is compelling.

Self-aware..restrained..blah blah blah...he's a Muslim. And Muslims are either terrorists or abettors. The US should keep them out. Period.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:55 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

Looks like the Paki is smelling roses and perhaps planning for a political game. was he the ONLY muslim to die in service ? What about the others? the more they play, the more likely the Paki will slip (Trump slips all the time but escapes falling) and hurt Hillary badly. He is pushing the Quron a bit too far.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/02/opinions/trump-right-interventions-eland/index.html
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by garam-kuta Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:49 pm

Idéfix wrote:One of the reasons the media finds the Trump vs. Khan controversy interesting is this. Trump has zero self-awareness, and Khan is higher on self-awareness than the average person. In this CNN video you can see Khan getting angry and then catching himself -- and apologizing for it before moving on in a more composed manner. In his interviews you can see him visibly trying to restrain his own emotions. On the other hand you have Trump who [url=/realDonaldTrump/status/415868924841189376]brags about his humility[/url], unselfconsciously says that he has made many sacrifices for the country, and routinely demonstrates the emotional restraint of a child. That contrast is compelling.
what i don't understand is this. why is the media/khan only asking about sacrifices by trump? what about his opponent/opponent's spouse? did they do any sacrifices? did they serve in the army?
is taking millions of speaking fee from wall st, a sacrifice? or deals with wall street firms to invest in the son-in-law's hedge fund, a sacrifice?

garam-kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:05 pm

garam-kuta wrote:
Idéfix wrote:One of the reasons the media finds the Trump vs. Khan controversy interesting is this. Trump has zero self-awareness, and Khan is higher on self-awareness than the average person. In this CNN video you can see Khan getting angry and then catching himself -- and apologizing for it before moving on in a more composed manner. In his interviews you can see him visibly trying to restrain his own emotions. On the other hand you have Trump who [url=/realDonaldTrump/status/415868924841189376]brags about his humility[/url], unselfconsciously says that he has made many sacrifices for the country, and routinely demonstrates the emotional restraint of a child. That contrast is compelling.
what i don't understand is this. why is the media/khan only asking about sacrifices by trump? what about his opponent/opponent's spouse? did they do any sacrifices? did they serve in the army?
is taking millions of speaking fee from wall st, a sacrifice? or deals with wall street firms to invest in the son-in-law's hedge fund, a sacrifice?
Because Trump is the one who doesn't have the sense to recognize that whatever sacrifices he made don't match up to what the Khans have gone through. If Clinton was asked this question, you will see the answer that any career politician is supposed to give in such circumstances. No further controversy.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:36 pm

Shrillery made a huge sacrifice by sticking with Slick Willie just so she could further her ambitions.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:45 am

Still waiting?

Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:14 am

I posted that when it just came out. Good ad.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:27 am

Idéfix wrote:Still waiting?

How did that work out for you, great glut Admin?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:30 am

Hellsangel wrote:

Look who is talking. A pussy (new presidential lingo) who lacked guts to openly admit that he was loony Trump's supporter.  You're as classless as Trump

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:33 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

Look who is talking. A pussy (new presidential lingo) who lacked guts to openly admit that he was loony Trump's supporter.  You're as classless as Trump

Dear Comrade with heartburn, I never supported Trump. Didn't even vote for him. But yeah, I wanted Shrillery to L-O-S-E
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:44 am

IHellsangel wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

Dear Comrade with heartburn, I never supported Trump. Didn't even vote for him. But yeah, I wanted Shrillery to L-O-S-E
Sorry I don't like to engage in discussions with *ahem* pussies like you. If you didn't support Trump then you've noright to gloat

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:45 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
IHellsangel wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

Sorry I don't like to engage in discussions with *ahem* pussies like you. If you didn't support Trump then you've noright to gloat

I am relishing Shrillery's D-E-F-E-A-T, my dear sour Comrade.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down