Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did Trump make a mistake?

3 posters

Go down

Did Trump make a mistake? Empty Did Trump make a mistake?

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:33 pm

I wonder whether Trump made a mistake by picking Pence instead of Christie as his nominee. Christie would have been a much tougher attack dog which is one of the functions of a VP nominee. And being a lawyer Christie may have given Trump some sound advice. Like how to handle the criticism of Khizr Khan for example. Christie also knows Trump for more than a decade whereas Trump had only met Pence four or five times before picking him as his VP nominee. So the comfort level with Christie was much greater.

The only reason why Trump picked Pence was probably because he viewed the battleground states to be in the mid-west. Or was there some other reason(s)? It is said that till the last moment Trump was in two minds over whether he should pick Christie (instead of Pence).

Back to top Go down

Did Trump make a mistake? Empty Re: Did Trump make a mistake?

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:38 pm

"A" mistake? His problem is not his VP choice. His problem is that he is a moron who compounds his moronitude with an inability to shut his pie hole when he needs to.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:25 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:"A" mistake? His problem is not his VP choice. His problem is that he is a moron who compounds his moronitude with an inability to shut his pie hole when he needs to.

Like i said before, i am not otherwise enthusiastic about either Trump or Hillary. My choice would have been Biden. But since i now have to choose between these two, i prefer Trump. Why? Because i find him entertaining and amusing. I prefer eight years (or at least four years) of entertainment rather than the same old-same old.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:32 am

Rashmun wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:"A" mistake? His problem is not his VP choice. His problem is that he is a moron who compounds his moronitude with an inability to shut his pie hole when he needs to.

Like i said before, i am not otherwise enthusiastic about either Trump or Hillary. My choice would have been Biden. But since i now have to choose between these two, i prefer Trump. Why? Because i find him entertaining and amusing. I prefer eight years (or at least four years) of entertainment rather than the same old-same old.

perhaps that's because you are not a US citizen, or do not have any real life consequences that you and your family will suffer, should such a denouement materialize. if that is not the case, and you are indeed an american citizen or even a green card holder, then my suggestion is to have your head examined by a competent psychiatrist.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by silvermani Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:35 am

Christie would have been a controversial choice due to his traffic shut down controversy. Also, a NY + NJ combo might have been interpreted as Trump's inability to partner with someone outside his comfort zone.
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:35 pm

silvermani wrote:Christie would have been a controversial choice due to his traffic shut down controversy. Also, a NY + NJ combo might have been interpreted as Trump's inability to partner with someone outside his comfort zone.

hmm..i doubt whether his fans would care; after all, it's a one-man show, don't you think?

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by silvermani Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:18 pm

garam_kuta wrote:
silvermani wrote:Christie would have been a controversial choice due to his traffic shut down controversy. Also, a NY + NJ combo might have been interpreted as Trump's inability to partner with someone outside his comfort zone.

hmm..i doubt whether his fans would care; after all, it's a one-man show, don't you think?
In that case, Christie is too strong of a personality capablr of attracting lots of attention. Then it would no longer be a one man show.
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:32 pm

silvermani wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:

In that case, Christie is too strong of a personality capablr of attracting lots of attention. Then it would no longer be a one man show.

Not to mention a liar.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/10/politics/chris-christie-text-bridgegate-lied/index.html
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down