Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brazil Authorities protest against obnoxious behavior of Chaddis in their country

+3
garam_kuta
swapna
pravalika nanda
7 posters

Go down

Brazil Authorities protest against obnoxious behavior of Chaddis in their country Empty Brazil Authorities protest against obnoxious behavior of Chaddis in their country

Post by Guest Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:35 pm

Miffed with Indian Sports Minister Vijay Goel’s entourage, Rio Olympic organisers have threatened to cancel his accreditation if unaccredited people accompanying him do not end their “aggressive and rude” behavior.

“We have had multiple reports of your Minister for Sports trying to enter accredited areas at venues with unaccredited individuals. When the staff try to explain that this is not allowed, they report that the people with the Minister have become aggressive and rude and sometimes push past our staff,” Sarah Peterson, who is Continental Manager for Rio 2016 Organising Committee, said in a letter to Indian Chef-de-Mission Rakesh Gupta.

Goel is in Rio de Janeiro to cheer for the Indian contingent besides monitoring their requirements at the Games Village.

“As you can understand, this type of behaviour is not acceptable. Despite previous warnings, it would seem that even today the same incident occurred at the Rio Olympic Arena (Gymnastics venue) and Carioca Arena 3,” she added.
Peterson said the Minister’s accreditation could be cancelled because of this.

“Should our protocol team be made aware of further examples of this type of behaviour, the accreditation of your Minister for Sports will be cancelled and his privileges at the Olympic Games withdrawn. We trust you will pass on this message urgently,” she said.

http://indianexpress.com/sports/rio-2016-olympics/rio-organising-committee-threatens-to-cancel-vijay-goels-accreditation-2968837/

Back to top Go down

Brazil Authorities protest against obnoxious behavior of Chaddis in their country Empty Re: Brazil Authorities protest against obnoxious behavior of Chaddis in their country

Post by Guest Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:36 am

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/india-sports-minister-draws-flak-over-rio-entourage-090024709.html

cary 7 hours ago
This is not a surprise to me at all. What I cant figure out is what the hell are they doing at the Olympics in the first place. They don't have an athletic bone in their body. Easily one of the more physically challenged races on planet earth. The reason they win the spelling be is because they are not distracted with sports and women in school because no women in their right mind would shack up with one of those pieces of work. They spend their entire lives in flip flops and dragging their feet to boot, simply to lazy to even pick up their feet, not to mention always talking on the phone 24/7, which makes it pretty hard to compete in any sport. I see these dudes at the gym showing up to wear Abercrombie and Fitch shirts hoping it will distract from the fact that they are worthless humanity. And oh yeah, they are the rudest people on earth, I wish I could just figure out why human garbage like that has the attitude. Oh yeah, its a diversion to distract people from how bad they look and how worthless they are physically.

Back to top Go down

Brazil Authorities protest against obnoxious behavior of Chaddis in their country Empty Re: Brazil Authorities protest against obnoxious behavior of Chaddis in their country

Post by pravalika nanda Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:05 pm

Rashmun wrote:https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/india-sports-minister-draws-flak-over-rio-entourage-090024709.html

cary 7 hours ago
This is not a surprise to me at all. What I cant figure out is what the hell are they doing at the Olympics in the first place. They don't have an athletic bone in their body. Easily one of the more physically challenged races on planet earth. The reason they win the spelling be is because they are not distracted with sports and women in school because no women in their right mind would shack up with one of those pieces of work. They spend their entire lives in flip flops and dragging their feet to boot, simply to lazy to even pick up their feet, not to mention always talking on the phone 24/7, which makes it pretty hard to compete in any sport. I see these dudes at the gym showing up to wear Abercrombie and Fitch shirts hoping it will distract from the fact that they are worthless humanity. And oh yeah, they are the rudest people on earth, I wish I could just figure out why human garbage like that has the attitude. Oh yeah, its a diversion to distract people from how bad they look and how worthless they are physically.
** we should all pack up and go back to india - all of us hungry huddled masses of IT professionals, Engineers, Physicians, Surgeons, Nurses, Physical Therapists, PAs, 7/11 owners and other small business owners. The indians providing IT and logistics support to the Zika Olympics and the medical staff of indina origin should also leave. Let these overgrown racist apes try to run the show on their own. And what kind of show is it: i can run faster than you from two meaningless point A to B and i have to retire before i hit 35.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:33 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:
Rashmun wrote:https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/india-sports-minister-draws-flak-over-rio-entourage-090024709.html

cary 7 hours ago
** we should all pack up and go back to india - all of us hungry huddled masses of IT professionals, Engineers, Physicians, Surgeons, Nurses, Physical Therapists, PAs, 7/11 owners and other small business owners. The indians providing IT and logistics support to the Zika Olympics and the medical staff of indina origin should also leave. Let these overgrown racist apes try to run the show on their own. And what kind of show is it: i can run faster than you from two meaningless point A to B and i have to retire before i hit 35.
please translate your last sentence for those of us who don't speak telugu.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:55 pm

swapna wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:

cary 7 hours ago
ah..so simble..in your own, most limited vocab and language: "naarth peepls %$+!! tamil brahmin^&**% menses 0...-%**!! vagina>3#!&. penis7__;;
caste &&&5$#,

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:35 pm

cary 7 hours ago
Rash,

What is your own opinion?  Is it the same as this cary?  If it is different, why did you publish here some unknown person's post on an irrelevant forum? Or do you just want to publish meaningless dribble written by unintelligent bigots as long as it is insulting to Indians?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:36 pm

garam_kuta wrote:
swapna wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:

cary 7 hours ago
ah..so simble..in your own, most limited vocab and language:  "naarth peepls %$+!! tamil brahmin^&**% menses 0...-%**!! vagina>3#!&. penis7__;;
caste &&&5$#,
Perfect response.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:51 pm

truthbetold wrote:

cary 7 hours ago
Rash,

What is your own opinion?  Is it the same as this cary?  If it is different, why did you publish here some unknown person's post on an irrelevant forum? Or do you just want to publish meaningless dribble written by unintelligent bigots as long as it is insulting to Indians?

i tentatively agree with cary partially (not completely). after all, why does India not win any medals in the Olympics despite having a population of 1.2 (or is it 1.3?) billion? this is a complex issue and i have not given it much thought.

it is said that India does not have sufficient money to develop good infrastructure for sports and is not able to provide sufficient financial support for sportsmen and sportswomen (for their diet and training). but why do poor African countries (like Ethiopia) continue to win Olympic medals despite having a significantly less population than India? does the answer lie, to some extent, in genetics?

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:05 pm

Rash,

If you have an opinion, have the guts to publish and fight for your opinion. Discussion may help you and others learn a thing or two. 
If you are right, good. If you are wrong, be ready to change. In any case be ready to state your opinion.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:08 pm

truthbetold wrote:Rash,

If you have an opinion, have the guts to publish and fight for your opinion. Discussion may help you and others learn a thing or two. 
If you are right, good. If you are wrong, be ready to change. In any case be ready to state your opinion.

what are u getting so excited about? did i not give my opinion in my previous post?

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:16 pm

Rash,

You are wrong.  Multiple factors lead to winning medals. Higher the economic development of a country , the more likely it will perform better in medal tally.  Higher economic development usually translates to better human development index.  India, Indonesia, Pakistan, Nigeria, Egypt and many other large population nations do poorly in many competitive arenas.  To confuse developing nation weakness as genetic weakness is walking into Nazi Germany's genetic philosophy. 

If Indian economy keeps improving and India remains a democracy,  India will move to the middle of medal winning nations pack in 20 to 30 years.  I do not think Indian genetics will change that much in next two to three decades.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:18 pm

Rashmun wrote:

what are u getting so excited about? did i not give my opinion in my previous post?
Did that post read like excited?  Stop giving your standard stale answers when you are caught with your pants down.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:26 pm

truthbetold wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

Did that post read like excited?  Stop giving your standard stale answers when you are caught with your pants down.

i had already stated my opinion, but you accused me of not giving my opinion. it seems to me that you were not in your senses when you wrote your earlier post and you are not in your senses now. Are you drunk?

Last edited by Rashmun on Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:31 pm

You are wrong.  Multiple factors lead to winning medals. Higher the economic development of a country , the more likely it will perform better in medal tally.  Higher economic development usually translates to better human development index.  India, Indonesia, Pakistan, Nigeria, Egypt and many other large population nations do poorly in many competitive arenas.  To confuse developing nation weakness as genetic weakness is walking into Nazi Germany's genetic philosophy. 

If Indian economy keeps improving and India remains a democracy,  India will move to the middle of medal winning nations pack in 20 to 30 years.  I do not think Indian genetics will change that much in next two to three decades.

where am i disputing the fact that higher the economic development of a country, the more likely for a better performance at the Olympics. But why does a country like Ethiopia which is more economically backward than India continue winning Olympic medals and India does not? Is there a genetic explanation? Note that the Olympic medals that Ethiopians and Kenyans have been winning have all been in middle distance running; this further indicates that there is a genetic explanation for the phenomenon we are witnessing.

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:45 pm

It is no secret that tall people have an advantage playing Basketball and you do not see seven footers playing FIFA championship game.  You can take such exclusive data and declare Indians, Pakistanis, egyptians, Nigerians, and Indonesians are genetically unfit to play sports. 

PT Usha and current olympian Laita Babar are examples that such genetic explanations are likely to fail scientific scrutiny. 

Once it was said Indians cannot bowl fast.  Ishant Sharma, Umesh Yadav and Mohd. Shami proved otherwise. It is Indian sports and social systems that are responsible.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:57 pm

truthbetold wrote:It is no secret that tall people have an advantage playing Basketball and you do not see seven footers playing FIFA championship game.  You can take such exclusive data and declare Indians, Pakistanis, egyptians, Nigerians, and Indonesians are genetically unfit to play sports. 

PT Usha and current olympian Laita Babar are examples that such genetic explanations are likely to fail scientific scrutiny. 

Once it was said Indians cannot bowl fast.  Ishant Sharma, Umesh Yadav and Mohd. Shami proved otherwise. It is Indian sports and social systems that are responsible.

i am not saying genetically unfit to play sports, what i am saying is  that the genetic factor may give a competitive edge in certain sports to people from specific ethnic backgrounds. Consider this:

Two hours, 31 minutes, and 51 seconds after the Boston marathon began on Monday, its male and female champions had already finished. A few minutes later, race-watchers noticed something. The first, second, and third-place men were all Kenyan. So were the first, second, and third-place women. It was yet another amazing showing for Kenyan runners, and yet another reason to ask: how?

For such a popular, straightforward question, there's less consensus than you might think. Western research on the nature of Kenyan runners, and on successful African athletes in general, is complicated by some particularly thorny racial politics. There's a nasty history, after all, to white scientists evaluating the physical attributes of Africans. But that hesitancy to really study Kenyan runners' success has allowed some probably false, and often culturally reductive, theories to persist. The scientific research hits on some of the most sensitive racial anxieties of Western-African relations, but it's also an amazing story of human biodiversity.

The statistics are hard to ignore. This medium-size country of 41 million dominates the world in competitive running. Pick any long-distance race. You'll often find that up to about 70 or 80 percent of its winners since the late 1980s, when East African nutrition and technology started catching up with the West, have been from Kenya. Since 1988, for example, 20 of the 25 first-place men in the Boston Marathon have been Kenyan. Kenyan women appear to have had a later start, winning none of marathons before 2000 (possibly due to discriminatory laws and a tradition of forcing girls into marriages, both of which were partially rolled back by 1990s reforms) and 9 of 13 since then. Of the top 25 male record holders for the 3000-meter steeplechase, 18 are Kenyan. Seven of the last 8 London marathons were won by Kenyans, and the sole outlier was from neighboring Ethiopia*. Their record in the Olympic men's marathon is more uneven, having placed in the top three in only four of the last six races. Still, not bad for one country. And even more amazing is that three-fourths of the Kenyan champions come from an ethnic minority of 4.4. million, or 0.06% of global population.

It turns out that Kenyans' success may be innate. Two separate, European-led studies in a small region in western Kenya, which produces most of the race-winners, found that young men there could, with only a few months training, reliably outperform some of the West's best professional runners. In other words, they appeared to have a physical advantage that is common to their community, making it probably genetic. The studies found significant differences in body mass index and bone structure between the Western pros and the Kenyan amateurs who had bested them. The studied Kenyans had less mass for their height, longer legs, shorter torsos, and more slender limbs. One of the researchers described the Kenyan physical differences as "bird-like," noting that these traits would make them more efficient runners, especially over long distances.

http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2012/04/why-kenyans-make-such-great-runners-a-story-of-genes-and-cultures/256015/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:06 pm

More from the same article ( see my previous post in this thread for link to the article):

Scientific research on the success of Kenyan runners has yet to discover a Cool Runnings gene that makes Kenyans biologically predisposed to reaching for the stars, or any scientific basis for Gladwell's argument that they just care more. Most of Kenya's Olympic medal winners come from a single tribe, the Kalenjin, of whom there are only 4.4 million. Sub-Saharan Africans have identified themselves by tribes such as this one for far longer than they've identified by nationality -- a system mostly imposed by the Western colonialism -- so the Kalenjin distinction is not just academic, and the tribe is probably genetically insular enough that common physical traits could inform their athletic success.

In 1990, the Copenhagen Muscle Research Center compared post-pubescent schoolboys there to Sweden's famed national track team (before Kenya and a few other African countries began dominating international racing events in the late 1980s, Scandinavians were the most reliable winners). The study found that boys on the high school track team in Iten, Kenya, consistently outperformed the professional Swedish runners. The researchers estimated that the average Kalenjin could outrun 90% of the global population, and that at least 500 amateur high school students in Iten alone could defeat Sweden's greatest professional runner at the 2,000-meter.

A 2000 Danish Sports Science Institute investigation reproduced the earlier study, giving a large group of Kalenjin boys three months of training and then comparing them to Thomas Nolan, a Danish track superstar. When the Kalenjin boys trounced him, the researchers -- who had also conducted a number of physical tests and compared them against established human averages -- concluded that Kalenjins must have an inborn, physical, genetic advantage. They observed a higher number of red blood cells (which lent new credence to the theory that elevation makes their bodies more effective oxygen-users) but, in their conclusions, emphasized the "bird-like legs" that make running less energy-intensive and give their stride exceptional efficiency.

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:52 pm

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/medals-per-capita-gdp-ranking-the-real-olympic-superpowers-1.1201053

An article from 2012 that gives a more nuanced way of looking at medals.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:03 pm

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-36955132

This is a more recent article.  It provides a better explanation of different factors related to wining medals. It even predicts likely tally of top nations. You can check that against Rio Results.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:16 pm

truth, the articles you have given are silent about the success of countries like kenya and ethiopia in sports. is it because talking of genetic factors in sports is risky since it leaves you open to being accused of racism?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:26 pm

Kenyan Wilson Kipsang won this year's Berlin Marathon in 2 hours, 3 minutes and 23 seconds — an average of 4:42 per mile. It was easily the fastest marathon time ever recorded, an incredible feat for another powerful Kenyan runner.

But perhaps equally remarkable was that his fellow Kenyans also came in second, third, fourth and fifth place in this major international race. On the women's side, Kenyans placed first, second and fourth.

Two weeks later in Chicago, Kenyan runner Dennis Kimetto broke the course record there — after only having run for four years. Next in line behind him? Three more Kenyans.

"If you look at it statistically, it sort of becomes laughable," says David Epstein, senior editor at Sports Illustrated and author of the new book The Sports Gene.

He says that while we tend to think of Kenyans as really good distance runners, all these runners are actually from the same tribe of Kenyans known as the Kalenjin. They number around 5 million, making them a small minority, even in Kenya, yet they dominate most of the world's long-distance races.

"There are 17 American men in history who have run under 2:10 in the marathon," Epstein says. "There were 32 Kalenjin who did it in October of 2011."

http://www.npr.org/sections/parallels/2013/11/01/241895965/how-one-kenyan-tribe-produces-the-worlds-best-runners

Last edited by Rashmun on Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:35 pm

Scientists and sports gurus have proposed all sorts of explanations over the years for Kalenjin prowess on the track: from their high-starch diet, to the altitude, to socioeconomics.

All those factors are important, but none of them explain why this particular tribe is so dominant. That left Epstein when he was writing his book exploring a more controversial line of inquiry: Is there something genetically different about the Kalenjin that makes them superior runners?

Asking that question almost convinced Epstein to back out of his book contract. He realized he'd have to address sensitive questions of ethnic and racial differences. Academics told him they had evidence of genetic advantage but wouldn't share their research with him for fear they'd lose their jobs. "And these were professors with tenure," he says.

But some scientists did talk to him; and they explained one aspect of innate biology that clearly helps Kalenjin: the shape of their bodies.

Kalenjin have particularly thin ankles and calves, a body build common to Nilotic tribes who grow up near the equator. Epstein says this is particularly important in running because your leg is like a pendulum. The more weight you have farther away from your center of gravity, the more difficult it is to swing.

If you take a runner and put 8 pounds of weight around his waist, he can still run reasonably well. But if you put those same 8 pounds in the form of two 4-pound weights around his ankles, that will take much more energy and slow him down considerably.

Epstein says body type confers its greatest advantage among elite athletes, where other differences — in training, in aerobic capacity — are minimal. In fact, he says if you were to go to the Olympic starting line and measure everyone's ankles and calves before the race, you could predict, statistically, who's likely to win.

http://www.npr.org/sections/parallels/2013/11/01/241895965/how-one-kenyan-tribe-produces-the-worlds-best-runners

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:08 pm

Rash,

There is lot of evidence of something special about Kenyan runners. African (american) dominance in running and jumping is proven over several Olympics. 
No one is disputing those facts.  But they also do not explain the lack of success of most of large population nations. 

If you compare the size of actual individuals in a country who participate in serious pursuit of athletics or sports, you will find large populations have less number of people than countries like Belgium or Sweden.  It is not an excuse. It is the reality. 

To me genetics is an excuse.  Economics is the reality.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:57 am

There is lot of evidence of something special about Kenyan runners. African (american) dominance in running and jumping is proven over several Olympics. 
No one is disputing those facts.  But they also do not explain the lack of success of most of large population nations. 

If you compare the size of actual individuals in a country who participate in serious pursuit of athletics or sports, you will find large populations have less number of people than countries like Belgium or Sweden.  It is not an excuse. It is the reality. 

it would be foolish to deny the importance of economics in sports. a good example is China. It was only when China became a relatively wealthy nation that it started producing great sports people and started winning a lot of Olympic medals. Even so, have you heard of a really great marathon runner or a middle distance runner or sprinter who was a Chinese? there might be one or two exceptions but by and large the answer would be No.*This again indicates the role of genetics in sports.

So, both economics and genetics are factors when it comes to sports. genetics comes into play in specific sports.

---
*Other examples of sports in which the Chinese cannot hope to do well because of genetic reasons would be basketball and boxing in the heavy weight division.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:22 am

Rashmun wrote:

it would be foolish to deny the importance of economics in sports. a good example is China. It was only when China became a relatively wealthy nation that it started producing great sports people and started winning a lot of Olympic medals. Even so, have you heard of a really great marathon runner or a middle distance runner or sprinter who was a Chinese? there might be one or two exceptions but by and large the answer would be No.*This again indicates the role of genetics in sports.

So, both economics and genetics are factors when it comes to sports. genetics comes into play in specific sports.

---
*Other examples of sports in which the Chinese cannot hope to do well because of genetic reasons would be basketball and boxing in the heavy weight division.

this reminds me: i always wondered who would win in a fight between Bruce Lee in his prime, and Muhammad Ali in his prime. In a street fight, one would expect Bruce Lee to win because of his ability to land deadly kicks on vulnerable parts of Ali's body. But what about boxing, where you have to follow certain rules? who would win in a boxing fight between the two? Fortunately, Bruce Lee himself has provided the answer to my question:

https://s31.photobucket.com/user/Cero666/media/scan0049.jpg.html

the relevant portion is where Bruce Lee says: "Look at my hands. That's a little Chinese hand. He'd kill me."

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:21 am

Unkil, there's over 3 million of you NRIs in the US which is the largest economy and with very high developmental indices. How many medals have you folks won for your nation?
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:30 am

Here is one.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohini_Bhardwaj
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:45 am

Hellsangel wrote:Here is one.

Helsu, stop living in past glory. India also used to win gold medals for hockey in the 20s, 30s and 40s.

We're talking about 2016 olympics and TBT unkil has very wisely admonished us against lame explanations like genetics, diet and sporting culture and instead pointed to economic development, democracy and human development indices as the secret sauce. Hence the koschen to him.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:30 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:

Helsu, stop living in past glory. India also used to win gold medals for hockey in the 20s, 30s and 40s.

We're talking about 2016 olympics and TBT unkil has very wisely admonished us against lame explanations like genetics, diet and sporting culture and instead pointed to economic development, democracy and human development indices as the secret sauce. Hence the koschen to him.

Ha! We sport foot long dics, dictionaries that is. We slay the bee regularly with our dics, the spelling bee. We are mentaletes.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:15 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:

Ha! We sport foot long dics, dictionaries that is. We slay the bee regularly with our dics, the spelling bee. We are mentaletes.

LoL ! good one @mentaletes

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down