Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

indian woman practicing martial arts

5 posters

Go down

indian woman practicing martial arts Empty indian woman practicing martial arts

Post by pravalika nanda Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:28 pm

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-37038134

** try to guess her age.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

indian woman practicing martial arts Empty Re: indian woman practicing martial arts

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:48 am

The headline says 73. Any reason to think differently?
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

indian woman practicing martial arts Empty Re: indian woman practicing martial arts

Post by pravalika nanda Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:49 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:The headline says 73. Any reason to think differently?
merlot, i'm getting very afraid living in america cuz SEs are reporting that america just got meaner. so i'll be moving back to india very soon. where do you recommend i stay?

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:32 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:
merlot, i'm getting very afraid living in america cuz SEs are reporting that america just got meaner. so i'll be moving back to india very soon. where do you recommend i stay?

You mean "live" not "stay". Indians often seem to use stay (temporary) when they mean live (more permanent).
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by garam-kuta Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:58 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:

You mean "live" not "stay". Indians often seem to use stay (temporary) when they mean live (more permanent).
this is where he (PN, not you Max) slips up. for someone, who grew up in america, his language has lots of indian "touches".

garam-kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:05 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:
oh merlot, good morning, your day just got brighter. your SE friends are telling me I should be prepared for a very very long stay. so where in india do you recommend i live?

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:32 am

pravalika nanda wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:
oh merlot, good morning, your day just got brighter. your SE friends are telling me I should be prepared for a very very long stay. so where in india do you recommend i live?

Oh thank you Pravu. Your anticipated arrival on Indian shores has just filled my day with such joy and happiness, I think I'm now going to sing. On second thoughts, I won't.

If you must return to India, go to Bangalore, stay in Whitefield and don't step out except on weekends.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:07 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:

Oh thank you Pravu. Your anticipated arrival on Indian shores has just filled my day with such joy and happiness, I think I'm now going to sing. On second thoughts, I won't.

If you must return to India, go to Bangalore, stay in Whitefield and don't step out except on weekends.
saryaaghE hElidheri.

for a first-timer, yes; ex-BLRians would always miss living in the core of the city.
sari, mysore-igE eanu kammi saar? most civilized city in india, nan abiprayadhalli!

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:22 am

garam_kuta wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:

saryaaghE hElidheri.

for a first-timer, yes; ex-BLRians would always miss living in the core of the city.
sari, mysore-igE eanu kammi saar? most civilized city in india, nan abiprayadhalli!

Ya but Pravu is a jetsetter. Mysuru doesn't have an airport even. And other than nandini andhra style restaurant which will be too spicy for her there's nowhere to eat out.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:34 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:

saryaaghE hElidheri.

Ya but Pravu is a jetsetter. Mysuru doesn't have an airport even. And other than nandini andhra style restaurant which will be too spicy for her there's nowhere to eat out.

i spent a week at the orange county resort in coorg last year attending a conference. it was an amazing experience. beautiful environs and the food! ah the food!
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:48 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:

hard to believe but i'm actually quite traditional to the bone and find the idea of a bunch of sambar-slurpers living in a town called whitefield in the heart of southern india quite lame and pretentious. it would bring me so much more happiness to state that i live in hut number nalugu, lane number moodu, periyanayaki way, thadepallegudem.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down