Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Villagers in this UP village surprised that Narendra Modi lied about them in his I-Day speech

Go down

Villagers in this UP village surprised that Narendra Modi lied about them in his I-Day speech Empty Villagers in this UP village surprised that Narendra Modi lied about them in his I-Day speech

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:29 pm

A short journey from Delhi, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said in his Independence Day address, there is a village in Hathras called Nagla Fatela. “It takes only three hours to reach Nagla Fatela. But it took 70 years for electricity to reach there.”
On the ground, in the village, however, this statement came as a surprise to residents, many of whom have been living without electricity.

The village has about 600 homes — 450 without power. The 150-odd homes that do get electricity rely on illegal ‘katia’ connections: they have connected their homes to a transformer meant to run 22 tubewells, and, in return, pay Rs 395 for two months to the Dakshinanchal Vidyut Vitran Nigam Limited (DVVNL), village pradhan Yogesh Kumar told The Indian Express.

“Perhaps, the Prime Minister hasn’t been made aware of the condition of our village,” said Ullanoor Usmani, a resident.
Nagla Fatela, about 300 km from New Delhi, has a population of 3,500, with about 900 registered voters. It is one of the 10,045 villages where infrastructure was provided under the Prime Minister’s rural electrification drive. According to the Ministry of Power, complete electrification of 18,475 villages will be done by May 2017.

“It’s true that the government made arrangements for electrification of our village under the Deen Dayal Upadhyay Gram Jyoti Yojana. We got poles, wires and meters but power supply remains a distant dream for us,” said pradhan Kumar.
Photos shared by the Prime Minister’s Office showing villagers watching TV on Independence Day also surprised locals. “These pictures are not of our village. The one with balloons seems to be of Nagla Sindhi, another village in Hathras which was electrified under a similar scheme,” said Devendra Singh, former pradhan of Nagla Fatela.

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-news-india/pm-narendra-modi-independence-day-speech-electricity-in-nagla-fatela-hathras-2979767/

Back to top Go down

Villagers in this UP village surprised that Narendra Modi lied about them in his I-Day speech Empty Re: Villagers in this UP village surprised that Narendra Modi lied about them in his I-Day speech

Post by garam_kuta Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:41 pm

Rashmun wrote:A short journey from Delhi, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said in his Independence Day address, there is a village in Hathras called Nagla Fatela. “It takes only three hours to reach Nagla Fatela. But it took 70 years for electricity to reach there.”
On the ground, in the village, however, this statement came as a surprise to residents, many of whom have been living without electricity.

The village has about 600 homes — 450 without power. The 150-odd homes that do get electricity rely on illegal ‘katia’ connections: they have connected their homes to a transformer meant to run 22 tubewells, and, in return, pay Rs 395 for two months to the Dakshinanchal Vidyut Vitran Nigam Limited (DVVNL), village pradhan Yogesh Kumar told The Indian Express.

“Perhaps, the Prime Minister hasn’t been made aware of the condition of our village,” said Ullanoor Usmani, a resident.
Nagla Fatela, about 300 km from New Delhi, has a population of 3,500, with about 900 registered voters. It is one of the 10,045 villages where infrastructure was provided under the Prime Minister’s rural electrification drive. According to the Ministry of Power, complete electrification of 18,475 villages will be done by May 2017.

“It’s true that the government made arrangements for electrification of our village under the Deen Dayal Upadhyay Gram Jyoti Yojana. We got poles, wires and meters but power supply remains a distant dream for us,” said pradhan Kumar.
Photos shared by the Prime Minister’s Office showing villagers watching TV on Independence Day also surprised locals. “These pictures are not of our village. The one with balloons seems to be of Nagla Sindhi, another village in Hathras which was electrified under a similar scheme,” said Devendra Singh, former pradhan of Nagla Fatela.

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-news-india/pm-narendra-modi-independence-day-speech-electricity-in-nagla-fatela-hathras-2979767/

and YOU posting this, hahaha...tell me why did you post the above?
Rashmun wrote:the website given in my earlier post, from which the Bhagwan article is extracted, has a picture of Periyar. i would like to clarify that i am opposed to Periyar since i believe Periyar preached (among other things) caste hatred which needs to be opposed...

Last edited by garam_kuta on Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Villagers in this UP village surprised that Narendra Modi lied about them in his I-Day speech Empty Re: Villagers in this UP village surprised that Narendra Modi lied about them in his I-Day speech

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:43 pm

garam_kuta wrote:
Rashmun wrote:A short journey from Delhi, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said in his Independence Day address, there is a village in Hathras called Nagla Fatela. “It takes only three hours to reach Nagla Fatela. But it took 70 years for electricity to reach there.”

and YOU posting this, hahaha...tell me why did you post this?
Rashmun wrote:the website given in my earlier post, from which the Bhagwan article is extracted, has a picture of Periyar. i would like to clarify that i am opposed to Periyar since i believe Periyar preached (among other things) caste hatred which needs to be opposed...

your post is irrelevant to the topic of this thread.

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:46 pm

Rashmun wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:

and YOU posting this, hahaha...tell me why did you post this?

your post is irrelevant to the topic of this thread.

how?

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down