Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I've always voted Republican. Until now.

Go down

I've always voted Republican. Until now.  Empty I've always voted Republican. Until now.

Post by Idéfix Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:36 am

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/ive-always-voted-republican-until-now/2016/08/17/03a1b970-622d-11e6-96c0-37533479f3f5_story.html?hpid=hp_no-name_opinion-card-d%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.cf83ce51d3a3

... I have always voted for Republicans for president. Not this year.

The compelling rationale behind this decision: leadership. A good leader must demonstrate such qualities as competence, integrity, empathy, character and temperament. Hillary Clinton has these essential qualities. Donald Trump does not.

Trump simply lacks the competence to serve as president of the United States. His knowledge of economic policy and foreign affairs is rudimentary, at best; his views are misguided. His threat to impose prohibitive tariffs on trade would repeat mistakes that contributed to the Great Depression. His words and actions have rattled our European and Asian allies at a time when Russia and China are resurgent. He has demonstrated neither the capacity nor the inclination to learn from experts in global economics.

Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down