Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brahmin handbags

3 posters

Go down

Brahmin handbags Empty Brahmin handbags

Post by silvermani Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:46 pm

Millie Baustista, handbag designer for Brahmin, will make a personal appearance Friday at Dillard’s, Penn Square. She’ll be in the handbag department from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. explaining and showing the process of inspiration to design to production. Those who already have a favorite Brahmin handbag can bring it to the handbag department for a complimentary refresh polish, but all can enter for a chance to win a customized Joan tote. No purchase is required. Brahmin is an American company founded in 1982 with headquarters in Massachusetts. It is known for craftsmanship, fashion-forward design and exceptional materials with attention to mixed media and exotic embossing. It takes more than two dozen artisans more than 100 steps to make each handbag.

I wonder if they offer a discount to people of the Brahmin cashtu.
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Brahmin handbags Empty Re: Brahmin handbags

Post by pravalika nanda Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:21 pm

i find the brandname quite revolting, the company is clearly marketing itself to the privileged and elite. it's found in mid and upper tier dept stores. and they probably have the boston brahmin in mind; not the indinas.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:23 pm

i just looked up the prices: cheap pretentious crap, all under 500

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by silvermani Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:22 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:i find the brandname quite revolting, the company is clearly marketing itself to the privileged and elite. it's found in mid and upper tier dept stores. and they probably have the boston brahmin in mind; not the indinas.
They should launch a low priced version named Dalit. After all, isn't it the Dalits who skin the animals and treat the leather?
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:29 pm

silvermani wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:i find the brandname quite revolting, the company is clearly marketing itself to the privileged and elite. it's found in mid and upper tier dept stores. and they probably have the boston brahmin in mind; not the indinas.
They should launch a low priced version named Dalit. After all, isn't it the Dalits who skin the animals and treat the leather?

hmm.. interesting perspective. daleeet sounds more catchy and marketable.

Last edited by garam_kuta on Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:31 pm

silvermani wrote:
low-priced cuz they're lower on the totem pole? this marketing truly reveals ours biases.. it's like a rorschach.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:32 pm

anyhow, toodles, good night.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down