Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

About me being a brahmin

5 posters

Go down

About me being a brahmin Empty About me being a brahmin

Post by Rishi Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:06 pm

"You are not a brahmin at all" was the certification I received from my college classmate who was a Tamil Christian.

In fact many Tamil non-brahmins mistake me for being one of them. I am neither fair-skinned nor I use the brahmin lingo. And I do not wear the thread either.

Once I and a group of Tamils went to a dinner hosted by a local Tamil doctor in a town in the southern part of the United States. The man lived in a palatial house. He was one of the most respected doctors in the city. Everything was going well for him. After the dinner was served, all of us got together for a conversation in a big hall in his house. A few minutes later, the man blasted brhamins for corrupting the Tamil language with sanskrit words. He went on and on and blamed all the ills of the society on brahmins.

Then the topic turned towards the hindu temple that was being built in that city. The doctor was the chairman of the temple committee. He said "after the temple is built, we should all live around it like Agraharm." That was his wish. What an irony. Here he was. One minute ago, he was blaming brahmins for everything. Now he wants to go back to the way brahmins lived long ago by constructing an Agraharam

Rishi

Back to top Go down

About me being a brahmin Empty Re: About me being a brahmin

Post by Hellsangel Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:08 pm

I thought this was about you.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:19 pm

are you an imposter iyer then, like our syrian christian virile iyer wannabe?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:05 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:are you an imposter iyer then, like our syrian christian virile iyer wannabe?

from ward 007, with luv

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:38 pm

Prop,
rishi is trying to regain his old form as Sara.

rishi,
what is the conflict between criticizing Brahmins and wanting to live in agraharam .

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down