Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chinese-Tamil Synthesis

3 posters

Go down

Chinese-Tamil Synthesis Empty Chinese-Tamil Synthesis

Post by Guest Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:20 pm

http://video.scroll.in/815971/watch-this-pitch-perfect-cover-from-china-of-ilaiyaarajas-tamil-hit

Back to top Go down

Chinese-Tamil Synthesis Empty Re: Chinese-Tamil Synthesis

Post by silvermani Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:34 pm

Do you know that there is Czech-Tamil synthesis? My Tamil neighbor worked in Czech republic for a while. There he was shocked to learn that some locals had done Phd in Tamil! And that too in Czech Republic!
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:54 pm

silvermani wrote:Do you know that there is Czech-Tamil synthesis? My Tamil neighbor worked in Czech republic for a while. There he was shocked to learn that some locals had done Phd in Tamil! And that too in Czech Republic!
Yes. I agree. When I used to live in Chennai, I used to listen Radio Prague. Will that qualify as Tamizh Czech Synthesis?

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by silvermani Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:25 pm

FluteHolder wrote:
silvermani wrote:Do you know that there is Czech-Tamil synthesis? My Tamil neighbor worked in Czech republic for a while. There he was shocked to learn that some locals had done Phd in Tamil! And that too in Czech Republic!
Yes. I agree. When I used to live in Chennai, I used to listen Radio Prague. Will that qualify as Tamizh Czech Synthesis?
Absolutely!
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:43 pm

silvermani wrote:
FluteHolder wrote:

Absolutely!

Shocked just like we all are killified to be products of rashmun-human synthesis cuz we've seen his posts No

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:24 am

good to know that indian languages are being studied in east european countries.

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:42 am

Rashmun wrote:

good to know that indian languages are being studied in east european countries.
While you are glad about the above, have you ever thought or wondered why no interest in Hindi Speaking belt to learn other Indian languages esp SI while they expect SIs to learn and understand Hindi? Bcz of biased North Indian Controlled Government to give undue importance/priority to Hindi.

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:51 am

FluteHolder wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

While you are glad about the above, have you ever thought or wondered why no interest in Hindi Speaking belt to learn other Indian languages esp SI while they expect SIs to learn and understand Hindi? Bcz of biased North Indian Controlled Government to give undue importance/priority to Hindi.

-----
HYDERABAD: When Telugus representing associations from different parts of the globe got together to confer on ways of preserving and promoting their culture and language, one voice was heard in rapt attention. Interestingly, it was that of a man whose mother tongue happened to be Bhojpuri!

Suryanath Upadhyaya, standing counsel of the Allahabad High Court, won accolades at a conference of national and international Telugu associations on Saturday when he declared, "Telugu naa mathru bhasha kadu, Telugu naa abhimana bhasha (Telugu is not my mother tongue yet it is my favourite language)".

Mr. Upadhyaya was bitten by the bug of Telugu in the late 1960s and he went on to learn the language and even translate a Telugu book into Hindi...

Upadhyaya took the agitators to task and on returning home decided to learn at least one South Indian language and chose Telugu for the pursuit.

His initial attempts to locate a Telugu teacher proved futile. Undeterred, he kept enquiring about it and finally managed to meet an official, Anjaneyulu, who hailed from Andhra Pradesh. "Mr.Anjaneyulu agreed to teach me Telugu and for the last 36 years I have been using my spare time to learn the language."

Mr.Upadhyaya went on to translate a Telugu book, Chivukula Purushottam's `Edi Papam' and titled `Kya Hai Paap' was released by the then Prime Minister, Rajiv Gandhi, and the foreword was written by another former Prime Minister P.V.Narasimha Rao.

The efforts turned him into a `serious student of linguistics' and these days he is busy writing a book on `Comparative Linguistics of Telugu and Hindu' with special reference to his own dialect Bhojpuri'.

How old is he ? Mr.Upadhyaya breaks into a smile and replies in Telugu, "Ee prashanaku jawabu ledu (There is no answer to this question)."

http://www.thehindu.com/2005/09/11/stories/2005091115480200.htm

-----

there is an obvious typo in the above article; it should have been 'Comparative Linguistics of Telugu and Hindi' and not 'Comparative Linguistics of Telugu and Hindu'.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:53 am

If I remember correctly from news in the media at that time, Bansi Lal (then CM of Haryana) proposed that Telugu would be taught as 2nd language in Haryana schools leading to future Haryanavis knowing at least two Indian languages, one from North India (Hindi) and the other from South India (Telugu). It was not something planned at the expense of any other language, Punjabi and English for example. The state government was still interested in teaching English etc. in schools, in addition to Telugu as state’s 2nd language.

Haryana Govt. also had the plans, if I remember correctly, to have a special ‘sister states’ relationship between Haryana and Andhra, on the model of sister-cities. Unfortunately, it seems to have been only one-sided ‘love affair’, mainly on the part of Haryana, with little enthusiasm and response from Andhra. Andhra politicians probably did not see much benefit from such cozy relationship with a remote northern state, and might have thought that if Andhras were going to put any effort in north India, it might be better to do with Delhi, for a bigger piece of pie, rather than Haryana or Chandigarh, having little to offer. Needless to say, this one-sided undertaking on the part of Haryanavis, with respect to Andhra and Telugu, was not going to succeed, and that’s what happened.

http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php/27254-Tamil-second-language-of-Haryana

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down