Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

self-dealing versus saving lives

5 posters

Go down

self-dealing versus saving lives Empty self-dealing versus saving lives

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:38 am

the vile orange creature has the gall to question the clinton foundation that has saved thousands of lives in africa and elsewhere while all he has done is enrich himself at others' expense. david fahrenthold at wapo has been doing wonderful investigative journalism on the orange goon and his shenanigans.  here is an article on how he has used his charity to pay off bribes and other expenses. this is explicitly disallowed by tax law and is known as self-dealing. no wonder he won't release his tax returns!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-used-258000-from-his-charity-to-settle-legal-problems/2016/09/20/adc88f9c-7d11-11e6-ac8e-cf8e0dd91dc7_story.html?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

self-dealing versus saving lives Empty Re: self-dealing versus saving lives

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:57 am

if this guy can't afford to pay $250 k of his bills legally and without getting himself into tax troubles, there is a good chance that his business enterprise is a house of cards, and the man isn't worth a lick, let alone a billionaire.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:16 am

why is he an "orange creature?" because of the colour of his hair?

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by silvermani Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:34 am

What,are you discriminating against people of orange color now?
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:43 am

i call him various things, but specifically orange creature is a reference to his hair and the unhealthy orange skin tone, possibly from some kind of tanning procedure gone horribly wrong that he has undergone. it does seem to be a good match to his often angry and surly disposition, and hatred towards one and all.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:46 pm

silvermani wrote:What,are you discriminating against people of orange color now?

it is "colour", not "color" Wink

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:48 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:i call him various things, but specifically orange creature is a reference to his hair and the unhealthy orange skin tone, possibly from some kind of tanning procedure gone horribly wrong that he has undergone. it does seem to be a good match to his often angry and surly disposition, and hatred towards one and all.
I don't think you have much to worry about. 

the american people will recognize hillary's competence, and vote her into office. her disadvantage has been her inability to shed faux tears and feign sympathy, not her credibility.

trump has some support because there is a significant segment of the u.s. population that is intolerant of diversity.

ultimately, the people of the u.s. are a practical lot; hillary's competence in government is likely to win them over, and trump's hot air will be seen as just that.

have fun, regardless.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by silvermani Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:53 pm

garam_kuta wrote:
silvermani wrote:What,are you discriminating against people of orange color now?

I thought color was correct in American English?
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:00 pm

silvermani wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:

why is that a question? do you want someone else to tell you what you thought? or are you a thirteen-year-old, american girl?

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by silvermani Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:05 pm

swapna wrote:
silvermani wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:

why is that a question? do you want someone else to tell you what you thought? or are you a thirteen-year-old, american girl?
Are you a post menopausal, grouchy woman hitting refresh in your browser all day for new posts to opine on?
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:14 pm

silvermani wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:

the hot b was trying to be clever and witty. given that, according to himself, he is of the "INGR" caashTu, he feels obliged to be "viTTy," and given his talent, has exhausted his stock of bhenkatraos (bad puns), and has taken up spelling.

please pay the hot INGR b some attention.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:22 pm

silvermani wrote:
swapna wrote:
silvermani wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:

Are you a post menopausal, grouchy woman hitting refresh in your browser all day for new posts to opine on?
no. I didn't ask anyone else what I thought. "opine to?"

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:54 pm

swapna wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:i call him various things, but specifically orange creature is a reference to his hair and the unhealthy orange skin tone, possibly from some kind of tanning procedure gone horribly wrong that he has undergone. it does seem to be a good match to his often angry and surly disposition, and hatred towards one and all.

the american people will recognize hillary's competence, and vote her into office. her disadvantage has been her inability to shed faux tears and feign sympathy, not her credibility.

trump has some support because there is a significant segment of the u.s. population that is intolerant of diversity.

ultimately, the people of the u.s. are a practical lot; hillary's competence in government is likely to win them over, and trump's hot air will be seen as just that.

have fun, regardless.

i hope your cheerful optimism is warranted and that it works out the way you've described the election here. the polls and the win chances for hillary have narrowed considerably. it continues to amaze me that the poll margins for her are as narrow as the news agencies are reporting right now, given how unsuitable the orangegutan is. i only check political news twice a day and try to stay away from news the rest of the day to preserve my own sanity. it is not easy given how much we have at stake personally and professionally.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by garam-kuta Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:01 pm

swapna wrote:

have fun, regardless.

that is your hope talking. hope that 'D' will have direct access to white house. that will not happen.
the reality is that trump has momentum and in just a couple of weeks improved his odds from 10/90 to 36/64 to currently 47/53. that is momentum. if he improves his chances by just 4% which is very easy considering the mome....m, it will be time to bury your hopes forever. and the debates haven't even started yet.
with as weak a candidate as trump, any other democratic candidate would've had the election in the bag by now.

garam-kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down