Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

dealing with kids

Go down

dealing with kids Empty dealing with kids

Post by Guest Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:53 pm

Me: We are meeting grandparents today...

Them: No! We will get bored there.

Me: Oh ya? I never had grandparents growing up. My grandfathers died even before I was born, and grandmothers died by the time I was 11, and I didn't meet them that often. I don't even know what it's like to have grandparents growing up. That's the reason why I had you early, so that you get to experience grandparents. You have a LOT of living/active grandparents. So ya, APPRECIATE IT and MEET them as much as you can.

Daughter: Having grandparents is overrated.

Me: How am I supposed to know that? I never got that.

Son: Oh ya? I have no memory of you two being married! What are you going to do about that?

Me: silent

Daughter: ooooo *burrrrrn* You have married parents and we don't!

Me (defensively): Why is it such a big deal?

Son: How am I supposed to know that? I never got that. You also have two siblings, we both have only one! What did  you do about that?!

Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

dealing with kids Empty Re: dealing with kids

Post by Kris Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:23 pm

Beatrix Kiddo I don't even know what it's like to have grandparents growing up. That's the reason why I had you early, so that you get to experience grandparents. wrote:

Crying or Very sad
>>>TW, this is where you lost the battle. Kids have a radar for this kind of BS. Next time, bribe them with pizza. Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:44 pm

Kris wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo I don't even know what it's like to have grandparents growing up. That's the reason why I had you early, so that you get to experience grandparents. wrote:

Crying or Very sad
>>>TW, this is where you lost the battle. Kids have a radar for this kind of BS. Next time, bribe them with pizza. Smile

Lol. That's for their dad. Kids know they will get nothing out of me. 

The older is fine. Younger is gonna get a pep talk from me soon. Am just preparing what to say without a backlash. I never knew parents can be scared of their kids. Would have used that to the max when I was one. I mean I knew mine were scared of my sis but I didn't realize I can create that equation too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down