Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What a song...

4 posters

Go down

What a song... Empty What a song...

Post by Guest Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:32 pm

No idea what movie it's from, but feels like you saw an entire romance-suspense-tragedy movie in 8.36 minutes...

Back to top Go down

What a song... Empty Re: What a song...

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:48 pm

It is a real loss for the Jeweler - he never collected the money for that Mangal Sutr. Poor guy.

Moral: Women should not wear loose clothing while driving or cooking.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:06 pm

This had potential, REAL potential - neighbouring muslim boy, hindu girl, romance, dance, sailing paper boats, etc.

Damn, before the full BBC style families-bidding-tearful-farewell could kick in, it ended all too abruptly.

I feel cheated, yeah.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:19 pm

blabberwock wrote:This had potential, REAL potential - neighbouring muslim boy, hindu girl, romance, dance, sailing paper boats, etc.

Damn, before the full BBC style families-bidding-tearful-farewell could kick in, it ended all too abruptly.

I feel cheated, yeah.

You are missing the vocabulary, bw. It would involve dil, zindagi, mehboob and any other kind of boobs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:22 pm

kinnera wrote:
blabberwock wrote:This had potential, REAL potential - neighbouring muslim boy, hindu girl, romance, dance, sailing paper boats, etc.

I feel cheated, yeah.

You are missing the vocabulary, bw. It would involve dil, zindagi, and mehboob and any other kind of boobs.

Yes, yes, but didn't the song take care of that? I am still recovering from my disappointment. I hate this.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:01 pm

too bad nana patekar has had to work for much of his career in the worthless bombay movie industry. i rather like him. that's not surprising considering he comes from one of the only serious theater traditions of india -- marathi theater.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:22 am

alas, even marathi theater did not do any justice to patekar. i was too young to watch his finest performance in Purush (the male species) in marathi. and then he stopped working partly because there were no good scripts and partly because he started working in Hindi movies. but now he is not busy at all, so i wonder why he is not staging a comeback.

these days marathi theater is full of comedies. now i like them (two of the last three performances i have been to were comedies), but other genres would create a right mix to keep the audiences coming back. all the better if patekar chooses such scripts.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:05 pm

No idea what movie it's from...

>>> Hamid Karzai looking back on his younger days? Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down