Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Men Say Trump’s Remarks on Sex and Women Are Beyond the Pale

+2
Hellsangel
pravalika nanda
6 posters

Go down

Men Say Trump’s Remarks on Sex and Women Are Beyond the Pale Empty Men Say Trump’s Remarks on Sex and Women Are Beyond the Pale

Post by Guest Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:35 pm

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/09/us/politics/men-say-trumps-remarks-on-sex-and-women-are-beyond-the-pale.html

Back to top Go down

Men Say Trump’s Remarks on Sex and Women Are Beyond the Pale Empty Re: Men Say Trump’s Remarks on Sex and Women Are Beyond the Pale

Post by pravalika nanda Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:23 pm

oh did you read the article? i didn't read all of it but i did catch the part where one of them said he'd vote for him anyway.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Men Say Trump’s Remarks on Sex and Women Are Beyond the Pale Empty Re: Men Say Trump’s Remarks on Sex and Women Are Beyond the Pale

Post by Hellsangel Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:38 pm

Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn!
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:00 am

I don't believe the men you refer to in the title of your post. their crude talk, however, is inconsequential, because they're not candidates in a presidential election, and their words have not been recorded and replayed.

their crude talk is an attempt to display what they deem to be their masculinity. 

there is at least one male person here who routinely engages in crude talk. he's more entertaining than trump because he also has romantic feelings for the anonymous, distant, unattainable women between whose thighs he dreams of spending the rest of his life.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:18 am

More

http://huff.to/2e8i7nM

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:48 am

He looks about as athletic as a well-fattened pig right before slaughter. I doubt he has ever seen the inside of a locker room.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:49 pm

Scarlet O'Hara wrote:More

http://huff.to/2e8i7nM
you and huff post take the term "locker-room banter" too literally; it only means "men's chatter when they are in the exclusive company of other men." 

"locker room" was apt a few decades ago, but not in 2016, when women reporters are admitted into men's locker rooms, and men don't feel as free to brag about what they did, or would do to women, and to which body parts, as they did, earlier.

in other words, trump is crude, but so are many american men, possibly including many political leaders who are now repudiating trump.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:12 pm

There are people for whom the word, "locker room" is much more personal, and they are expressing the need to dissociate themselves from this creep.

No adult is a complete stranger to what crude talks men can have when in each other's company. Bragging about sexual assaults is taking it a step further. I can't think of a single person I know in my life, who at the age of 55 will knowingly walk into a dressing room full of naked teenagers (his potential employees), and then go out and brag about it. If a common man did that, he would be fired on the spot, and potentially prosecuted. When caught, instead of seriously apologizing and telling the youth to not repeat his mistakes, he dismisses it to be (harmless?) locker room banter. Can he call himself a role model? If a man like this is elected to be president, it's a direct message to university quarterbacks that they too can assault a girl and get away with it. If such a man, and his running mate (who has already tried to redefine "rape") are allowed to nominate supreme court judges, they are more likely to choose from the same club of boys. Let's keep outspoken sleazebags where they belong, on Howard Stern's show. White house should not be the place for them.

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:30 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:He looks about as athletic as a well-fattened pig right before slaughter. I doubt he has ever seen the inside of a locker room.

Hillary made fun of it already in a TIC bite@ 0:21

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:49 pm

Americans or at least Republicans, are ma behen people too. Unless something nasty is put in terms of happening to their flesh and blood female relatives, they don't seem to get it. And then they all see red.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:38 pm

Scarlet O'Hara wrote:There are people for whom the word, "locker room" is much more personal, and they are expressing the need to dissociate themselves from this creep.

** given that many of these "dissociaters," like many american men, are likely to be more vulgar than trump in their private moments with male friends, they are hypocrites, choosing the lesser of two evils.

** they should have dissociated themselves from trump, not for his crudeness, but for having no demonstrated experience or competence in public service, and for plain idiocy.

No adult is a complete stranger to what crude talks men can have when in each other's company.

** you say so only because you have insufficient experience with american men. to be exposed to their crudeness, you first have to be a male, then a close friend - a."buddy" - of an american male. but that's risky business; you'll much of your free time puking.

Bragging about sexual assaults is taking it a step further.

** many american men take it further.

I can't think of a single person I know in my life, who at the age of 55 will knowingly walk into a dressing room full of naked teenagers (his potential employees), and then go out and brag about it.

** I suspect that you're not "buddies" with many american men.

If a common man did that, he would be fired on the spot, and potentially prosecuted.

** that depends on what the stakes are for the common man's boss.

When caught, instead of seriously apologizing and telling the youth to not repeat his mistakes, he dismisses it to be (harmless?) locker room banter.

** many, especially american men, would not be as irked at trump's words as you seem to be. hpwever, they may put on a show of being irked, to.avoid a defeat in an election.

Can he call himself a role model? If a man like this is elected to be president, it's a direct message to university quarterbacks that they too can assault a girl and get away with it. If such a man, and his running mate (who has already tried to redefine "rape") are allowed to nominate supreme court judges, they are more likely to choose from the same club of boys. Let's keep outspoken sleazebags where they belong, on Howard Stern's show. White house should not be the place for them.

** I don't think trump reads this forum. the others cover up their private behaviour, and pretend to be role models, when that's necessary.

** you abhor all this? I understand, and sympathize, but the stakes for you are not high.

see ** above for my response.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:53 pm

Swapna/Flimflam, 

Would you give permission to a guy to call your daughter 'A piece of ass" before millions of listeners?  Would you describe your daughter as voluptuous?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:03 pm

Lusting after one's own daughter is unusual behavior in any culture. The average American man probably doesn't say crude things about his own flesh and blood.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:30 pm

swapna wrote:
Scarlet O'Hara wrote:There are people for whom the word, "locker room" is much more personal, and they are expressing the need to dissociate themselves from this creep.

** given that many of these "dissociaters," like many american men, are likely to be more vulgar than trump in their private moments with male friends, they are hypocrites, choosing the lesser of two evils.

** they should have dissociated themselves from trump, not for his crudeness, but for having no demonstrated experience or competence in public service, and for plain idiocy.

No adult is a complete stranger to what crude talks men can have when in each other's company.

** you say so only because you have insufficient experience with american men. to be exposed to their crudeness, you first have to be a male, then a close friend - a."buddy" - of an american male. but that's risky business; you'll much of your free time puking.

I can't think of a single person I know in my life, who at the age of 55 will knowingly walk into a dressing room full of naked teenagers (his potential employees), and then go out and brag about it.

If a common man did that, he would be fired on the spot, and potentially prosecuted.

When caught, instead of seriously apologizing and telling the youth to not repeat his mistakes, he dismisses it to be (harmless?) locker room banter.

** many, especially american men, would not be as irked at trump's words as you seem to be. hpwever, they may put on a show of being irked, to.avoid a defeat in an election.

Can he call himself a role model? If a man like this is elected to be president, it's a direct message to university quarterbacks that they too can assault a girl and get away with it. If such a man, and his running mate (who has already tried to redefine "rape") are allowed to nominate supreme court judges, they are more likely to choose from the same club of boys. Let's keep outspoken sleazebags where they belong, on Howard Stern's show. White house should not be the place for them.

** I don't think trump reads this forum. the others cover up their private behaviour, and pretend to be role models, when that's necessary.

** you abhor all this? I understand, and sympathize, but the stakes for you are not high.

Too many assumptions and speculations above. If men from different walks of life - whether they are famous or not - have taken pains to tweet or go on record to denounce Trump's use the term, it's safe to assume they really care about their reputation as a whole, and want assure women, either in their lives or in general, that they are not like that, in action and in words. That's a good enough sign for now. The rest of the social change will come with time. The least one can do is encourage them to come forward and speak up for themselves, instead of instantly brandishing them as hypocrites and liars.

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:10 am

Scarlet O'Hara wrote:
swapna wrote:

Too many assumptions and speculations above.

++ you wouldn't know unless you live and work in the u.s. (do you?) are male, and have male, american "buddies."

If men from different walks of life - whether they are famous or not - have taken pains to tweet or go on record to denounce Trump's use the term, it's safe to assume they really care about their reputation as a whole, and want assure women, either in their lives or in general, that they are not like that, in action and in words.

++ why did men from different walks of life have to tweet around the world to assure women that they are not like.trump? don't the women who are close to them - wives, girlfriends, daughters, friends, and colleagues - already know? why is a tweeted affidavit needed?

++ the chances are that the women don't know whether or not the men in their lives are like trump. why not? because a large percentage of american men have misbehaved crudely, tastelessly, and unfairly with women, and treated them like sex objects

++ donald trump is only one of them.

That's a good enough sign for now.

++ tweeting lies is good enough for you?

The rest of the social change will come with time. The least one can do is encourage them to come forward and speak up for themselves, instead of instantly brandishing them as hypocrites and liars.

++ not instantly, but after watching them at close quarters for decades. I'm not brandishing a thing - peaceful fella here; I'd rather brand them as hypocrites.

++ there's more, but I don't have the time. if you want to bring about the social transformation of america, please work on the remaining 50% of the population also; they too need you.badly.

see ++ above for my response.

swapna

Back to top Go down