Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clinton playing fourth quarter defense

4 posters

Go down

Clinton playing fourth quarter defense Empty Clinton playing fourth quarter defense

Post by truthbetold Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:15 am

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/10/16/clinton-holds-11-point-national-lead-over-trump-nbcwsj-poll.html
Hillary is increasing her lead with every poll. She disappears from campaign for several days. 
It may not be such a bad strategy with Trump fumbleing every time he opens his mouth. He is probably the most undisciplined candidate to run for president in recent US history.
Republican supporter tell me that polls are wrong because Trump supporters are upset and are not participating in polls. On election day Trump will win by 5 points (his prediction). CNBC Jake Novak also wrote an article on similar lines. Sounded like drowning man clutching at straws.  
http://www.cnbc.com/2016/10/13/why-those-polls-that-say-clintons-ahead-could-be-wrong-commentary.html

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Clinton playing fourth quarter defense Empty Re: Clinton playing fourth quarter defense

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:38 pm

I wish Donny Groper's video and the ensuing controversy had broken two weeks later.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Clinton playing fourth quarter defense Empty Re: Clinton playing fourth quarter defense

Post by Idéfix Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:20 pm

It is not enough that Trump loses this election. He needs to lose in a landslide. If he does better than McCain did, the GOP will take the wrong lesson from this cycle. And that is not good for the country.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:13 pm

One negative lesson some right wing candidates of future will take from Donald's presidential adventure this year is that citizens can be fooled again and again by just stubbornly repeating outlandish but populist falsehoods in an unapologetic fashion. Another idea that may become popular is to unashamedly proclaim baser partisan attacks on minority or smaller groups of people (ex: anti muslim, anti immigrants, anti black etc.). 

On the other hand, I would have liked Hillary to intensely propagate what are her priorities. I would like her to speak out on Infrastructure investments for jobs, solution to student loan crisis, healthcare crisis, economic growth, resolution of huge number of undocumented immigrants, containment of Chinese influence and terrorism around world. 

My expectation is that Hillary wants to win or survive the third debate on Oct 19 and then speak out after that. I consider that a weak strategy but it may be a safe strategy.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:32 am

In the third debate, Romney threw a kitchen sink at Obama. Compared to Trump, Romney was a gentleman. Thump is an evil asshole and can go to any lengths in the 3rd debate. He's thin-skinned and if I were organising the 3rd debate, I'd have security right around the stage to handle any ugly situation. I'm sure Trump has been advised by clowns (Chris Christie/Rudy Guiliani) to appear presidential that he has ignored this far. Hillary could provoke him in the 3rd debate and at this stage, Trump can be provoked by just mention of words like sexual predator or financial loss.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:38 pm

SI,

Trump is so far behind in polls, he may want to create a major incident to allow him to be the talking point for the rest of the campaign. This is very unlikely but he could use words like traitor, or looter, or other extreme characterizations (liars, criminals, crooked and facilitator (code for pimping) were already used). If he goes beyond stalking her on the podium like causing a physical confrontation, it would become a scandal. 

If he simply acts sensible and sticks to his political arguments, he would do himself great service.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:37 pm

truthbetold wrote:If he simply acts sensible and sticks to his political arguments...
He isn't gonna. The Bannon playbook is to disgust voters to the point that they will stay home rather than participate in such an ugly election. The calculation is that die-hard deplorables will show up with enthusiasm for their god-emperor. So I expect he will keep making it uglier. The minimum I expect him to do in the debate tomorrow is accuse her of killing people.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:48 pm

I am not familiar with this Steve Bannon character. I recently learned that he is Breitbart now. 

If they go nuts and make this election very dirty, what percentage of people will shy away from voting. Could they impact some very close states? Are they trying to scare away minorities (return of 50s and 60s south) ? 

It would be a tragedy of epic proportions if Bannon's strategy succeeds. I have a faint hope that Hillary manages to get majority white in most states.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:16 pm

Hard to tell how successful their vote suppression will be. They are absolutely trying to scare away minorities. They are recruiting so-called election observers to do just that in Philadelphia.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:36 am

Trump is playing evil tactics by scaring Americans.

Here is a guy who wants to be American President by undermining the process of becoming President. Pure evil.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down