Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nate Silver

+2
southindian
Hellsangel
6 posters

Go down

Nate Silver Empty Nate Silver

Post by Hellsangel Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:29 am

( and management consultants) should eat crow.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/final-election-update-theres-a-wide-range-of-outcomes-and-most-of-them-come-up-clinton/
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Nate Silver Empty Re: Nate Silver

Post by southindian Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:04 am

Nate Silver failed miserably... groped by less-educated-white voters in USA.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by silvermani Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:32 am

IBD poll is the real deal. 538 was a dud.
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:56 am

southindian wrote:Nate Silver failed miserably... groped by less-educated-white voters in USA.

keep repeating this truism and one day you'll be right.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:00 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
southindian wrote:Nate Silver failed miserably... groped by less-educated-white voters in USA.

In addition to less-educated-whites, 51% young white-women voted for Trump, so pussy-grabbing may become presidential.

Let me see if I hear one sexual misconduct complaint from god-fearing, values-driven Republicans.

President Trump may punish women going for abortions, so where will Texans, Arizonans, Floridians will be going for their next abortion.

Last edited by southindian on Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:01 pm

southindian wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

In addition to less-educated-whites, 51% young white-women voted for Trump, so pussy-grabbing may become presidential.

Let me see if I hear one sexual misconduct complaint from god-fearing, values-driven Republicans.

President Trump may punish women going for abortions, so where will Texans, Arizonans, Floridians will be going for abortion.

give it a rest.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:34 pm

Seems like you agree with Trump here:

If we don't decide the religion of terrorists,
then soon someday, the terrorists will decide our religion.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:54 pm

Hellsangel wrote:Seems like you agree with Trump here:

I'm happy Trump agrees with me on this much like many Democrats.

I'm also a Democrat who is a fiscal conservative and for protecting US  borders. As Democrat I do not want a ban on Muslims entering USA.

I still wanted a US president who does not lie despite having video and audio proof. Someone who is not thin-skinned, without sexual misconduct and does not bully others... much like what you would teach to a child.

Your Presidential winner is a loser, not a role model for children (anyone) around you.... and we know it.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:05 pm

southindian wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:Seems like you agree with Trump here:

I'm happy Trump agrees with me on this much like many Democrats.

I'm also a Democrat who is a fiscal conservative and for protecting US  borders. As Democrat I do not want a ban on Muslims entering USA.

I still wanted a US president who does not lie despite having video and audio proof. Someone who is not thin-skinned, without sexual misconduct and does not bully others... much like what you would teach to a child.

Your Presidential winner is a loser, not a role model for children (anyone) around you.... and we know it.

give it a rest.

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:41 pm

Nate Silver did a decent job. Most other pollsters and models were projecting a 90% of higher probability for a Clinton victory. In fact, Trump insiders were saying things like "it will take a miracle for us to win FL" -- much less win the electoral college. As late as yesterday morning. And people on the left were ridiculing Nate for being too conservative and trying to hedge his bets.

While I can understand the glee and schadenfreude that the right is experiencing this morning, let us not forget that nobody -- not even Trump -- expected to win this thing as of yesterday afternoon. They had a small probability of winning and they knew it, and Nate Silver called it. A 32% probability is like playing Russian roulette with two bullets in the revolver. Not exactly a low-probability chance that any sane person would take.

Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:21 pm

Idéfix wrote:Nate Silver did a decent job. Most other pollsters and models were projecting a 90% of higher probability for a Clinton victory. In fact, Trump insiders were saying things like "it will take a miracle for us to win FL" -- much less win the electoral college. As late as yesterday morning. And people on the left were ridiculing Nate for being too conservative and trying to hedge his bets.

While I can understand the glee and schadenfreude that the right is experiencing this morning, let us not forget that nobody -- not even Trump -- expected to win this thing as of yesterday afternoon. They had a small probability of winning and they knew it, and Nate Silver called it. A 32% probability is like playing Russian roulette with two bullets in the revolver. Not exactly a low-probability chance that any sane person would take.

I was one of them.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:36 pm

silvermani wrote:IBD poll is the real deal. 538 was a dud.

correct. Idiotic Nate had earlier written that the IBD poll (which correctly predicted this general election) "is not trustworthy". See http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/ibdtipp-doctors-poll-is-not-trustworthy/

Nate has lost all credibility now, first after getting the republican primaries wrong, and then getting the general election wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down