Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Investments

3 posters

Go down

Investments Empty Investments

Post by gult_girl Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:17 am

I am so terrified, even if markets will hold up for some time, I am afraid eventually they all will go down in next 4 years. I am afraid I will be losing my job the markets go down. Are you liquidating your investments and 401k and keeping it in cash?

gult_girl

Back to top Go down

Investments Empty Re: Investments

Post by FluteHolder Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:25 am

Though long time (4 years down the line) the predictions are bleak, right now markets bounced back. Dow regained all the losses of yesterday which is surprising to all the market experts in Bloomberg.

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:49 am

gult_girl wrote:I am so terrified, even if markets will hold up for some time, I am afraid eventually they all will go down in next 4 years. I am afraid I will be losing my job the markets go down. Are you liquidating your investments and 401k and keeping it in cash?

Since the market is relatively flat, I went part cash (50%) which is something I said I won't do before the election. But now that the result I did not want has materialized, it is good to take some protective measures while we still have the opportunity. If he really reworks the trade deals, it could have very very long term consequences. Here is something else for you to think about. He also said that repaying American debt may be optional. So you really have to wonder about what a US $ will be worth if you decide to go all cash or part cash.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by gult_girl Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:09 am

I understand US $ may not be worth as it was, but atleast it will ok if we are living here in US. I am also thinking to diversify invest in real estate, buy some bonds etc

gult_girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down