Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

find the word

4 posters

Go down

find the word Empty find the word

Post by swapna Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:58 pm

here's an article in the new york times, by tom friedman:

https://www.google.com/amp/mobile.nytimes.com/2016/12/14/opinion/trumps-approach-a-fresh-start-or-crazy-reckless.amp.html?client=ms-android-metropcs-us

in it, he uses a word that no one writing for the "free" press of "the greatest nation on earth," and the "most powerful country in the world" has used in several months, when it should have been used nearly every day, to describe donnie.

q1: what's that word?

q2 : why is friedman himself circumspect to use that word?

hint: friedman appears to have used the word only once in his article.

swapna

Back to top Go down

find the word Empty Re: find the word

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:06 pm

How about "lying"? The press in the U.S. has once again shown itself to be lacking testicles.
Friedman is boring and obvious. Has been for a long time.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:41 am

lacking testicles, *.....* is most boring and obvious. Has been for a long time.

*.....* : who is this, that you all are familiar with ? Rolling Eyes

hint - a certified casteist and an anti-hindu who thrives on peddling hatred, a misogynist with depraved mysophilic fetishes, a gender-confused, self-loathing sociopath .....(and you are free to add more)

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:49 pm

Swapna -- I agree with the general tenor of your original post. However I think the Washington Post was a significant standout at least after the primary season. They continually called Trump out on his shenanigans.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:48 pm

I don't think the Times calls out Trump on his lies in its news reporting even now -- Friedman writes op-ed opinion, which is probably why they let it through. They should call him a liar when he lies, even in news reports.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:52 pm

Idéfix wrote:I don't think the Times calls out Trump on his lies in its news reporting even now -- Friedman writes op-ed opinion, which is probably why they let it through. They should call him a liar when he lies, even in news reports.

The Times's coverage of Trump was shameful. Of all the mainstream American Newspapers only the WaPo redeemed itself by openly and continuously calling Trump a liar. It's no surprise that he tried to make nice with the Times but not WaPo. As a long time reader and admirer of the Times I'm very disappointed.

There is no mainstream news agency in the U.S. that has the aggressive and relentless style of the BBC. Now there is responsible and hard hitting journalism. The media outlets here will probably repeat their 2000-2008 performance -- arselicking the White House and being their mouthpiece.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down