Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Grave Concerns' About Donald Trump's Mental Stability: Harvard Doctors

+3
silvermani
garam_kuta
FluteHolder
7 posters

Go down

'Grave Concerns' About Donald Trump's Mental Stability: Harvard Doctors Empty 'Grave Concerns' About Donald Trump's Mental Stability: Harvard Doctors

Post by FluteHolder Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:33 pm

http://www.ndtv.com/world-news/grave-concerns-about-donald-trumps-mental-stability-harvard-doctors-1639528?pfrom=home-lateststories

'Grave Concerns' About Donald Trump's Mental Stability: Harvard Doctors Donald-trump-afp_650x400_61476947056

WASHINGTON: 

Three leading professors of psychiatry from America's prestigious universities have written to President Barack Obama, expressing their "grave concern" over his successor Donald Trump's mental stability. This, however, is not the first time mental health professionals have weighed in on Trump's suitability for office. 

In the letter addressed to the US president, the doctors -- one from the Harvard Medical School and two others who have been associated with top US varsities over the years -- have urged him  to order a "full medical and neuropsychiatric evaluation" before the President-elect takes office on January 20.

"We are writing to express our grave concern regarding the mental stability of our President-elect," the letter published by the Huffington Post read.

The letter assumes significance as it is written by three distinguished professors of psychiatry -- Judith Herman, Professor of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School; Nanette Gartrell, Associate Clinical Professor of Psychiatry , University of California, San Francisco (1988-2011,) and Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School (1983-87); and Dee Mosbacher, Ph.D. Assistant Clinical Professor Department of Community Health Systems University of California, San Francisco (2005-2013).

"Professional standards do not permit us to venture a diagnosis for a public figure whom we have not evaluated personally. Nevertheless, his widely reported symptoms of mental instability -- including grandiosity, impulsiveness, hypersensitivity to slights or criticism, and an apparent inability to distinguish between fantasy and reality -- lead us to question his fitness for the immense responsibilities of the office," the letter said.

"We strongly recommend that, in preparation for assuming these responsibilities, he receive a full medical and neuropsychiatric evaluation by an impartial team of investigators," it said.

In August, President Obama had questioned the 70-year-old business tycoon's judgement and temperament and called him "unfit to serve as president".

In June, Atlantic published a psychologist's findings that Trump suffered from "narcissism, disagreeableness, grandiosity".

In August, an Oxford study claimed that Trump has more psychopathic traits than Nazi dictator Adolf Hitler. Psychologist Kevin Dutton from Oxford University ranked the psychopathic traits of the US presidential hopefuls and historical figures using a standard psychometric tool - the Psychopathic Personality Inventory - Revised (PPI-R).

Trump outstripped Hitler on factors including social influence and fearlessness, while the Nazi dictator scored higher on cold heartedness and Machiavellian egocentricity - which describes a lack of empathy and sense of detachment from others for the sake of achieving one's own goals.

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

'Grave Concerns' About Donald Trump's Mental Stability: Harvard Doctors Empty Re: 'Grave Concerns' About Donald Trump's Mental Stability: Harvard Doctors

Post by garam_kuta Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:25 pm

are you telling me over 60 million americans liked his display of such traits and elected him president? why the attraction/trust on such personalities ?

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

'Grave Concerns' About Donald Trump's Mental Stability: Harvard Doctors Empty Re: 'Grave Concerns' About Donald Trump's Mental Stability: Harvard Doctors

Post by FluteHolder Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:32 pm

" yathA bhUmis_tathA toyaM, yathA bIjaM tathA'nkuraH |
yathA deshas_tathA bhAShA, yathA rAjA tathA prajA ||"
The above famous Sanskrit Sloka, translated into English, would read as:
“As the land, so the (ground) water, As the seed, so the Sprout,
As the region, so the language, As the King, so the people”
--
So it is The King is as is because of people or people are as they are because of the king? 
May be if Indo sees this post can elaborate? Smile

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:23 pm

FluteHolder wrote:" yathA bhUmis_tathA toyaM, yathA bIjaM tathA'nkuraH |
yathA deshas_tathA bhAShA, yathA rAjA tathA prajA ||"
The above famous Sanskrit Sloka, translated into English, would read as:
“As the land, so the (ground) water, As the seed, so the Sprout,
As the region, so the language, As the King, so the people”
--
So it is The King is as is because of people or people are as they are because of the king? 
May be if Indo sees this post can elaborate? Smile

'spot on' sir - perhaps it's all too cultural Suspect

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by silvermani Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:25 pm

No concerns about the drunken, screaming, cursing meltdown queen Hillary?
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:27 pm

silvermani wrote:No concerns about the drunken, screaming, cursing meltdown queen Hillary?
Even if she was, she is not a problem to anyone other than Billy boy and Chelsea. The subject of this thread on the other hand is everyone's problem unfortunately.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:28 pm

silvermani wrote:No concerns about the drunken, screaming, cursing meltdown queen Hillary?

passe, isn't she?

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:35 pm

There were several nut cases who became leaders......

Stalin, Pol Pot, Rodrigo Duterte, Caligula, Hitler.........

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by silvermani Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:10 pm

garam_kuta wrote:

passe, isn't she?
Yeah but my point is, both candidates are no good. Why didn't the experts make any noise before the election? Did they figure out his psychopathic tendencies only after he got elected? Were they okay with the war mongering, lying Hillary? Trump is not legally obliged to get his head checked despite what anyone says.
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:23 pm

silvermani wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:

passe, isn't she?
Yeah but my point is, both candidates are no good. Why didn't the experts make any noise before the election? Did they figure out his psychopathic tendencies only after he got elected? Were they okay with the war mongering, lying Hillary? Trump is not legally obliged to get his head checked despite what anyone says.
Good point. But you have to find who pays these professors as it happens on drug research/etc.. They might get a holiday in haiti or bengazi or share on the loot of Clinton Foundation either directly or indirectly by way of grants from them?

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:33 pm

silvermani wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:

passe, isn't she?
Which media are you following?  What were people talking about all these months?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by silvermani Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:59 pm

truthbetold wrote:
silvermani wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:

passe, isn't she?
Which media are you following?  What were people talking about all these months?
I didn't talk about media. I asked if the experts who expressed grave concerns over Trump's mental capacity were oblivious to his faults before the election.
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by silvermani Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:02 pm

FluteHolder wrote:
silvermani wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:

passe, isn't she?
Good point. But you have to find who pays these professors as it happens on drug research/etc.. They might get a holiday in haiti or bengazi or share on the loot of Clinton Foundation either directly or indirectly by way of grants from them?
Holiday in Bengazi Smile what would the tagline be? "free vacation in Bengazi with bullet proof windows, great view of action in the streets below! Transport to and from airport by armored, landmine+rocket proof truck! Great food, hospitality and a hospital on hotel premises!"
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:04 pm

garam_kuta wrote:are you telling me over 60 million americans liked his display of such traits and elected him president? why the attraction/trust on such personalities ?
http://www.thekimfoundation.org/html/about_mental_ill/statistics.html

Mental Disorders in America
Mental disorders are common in the United States and internationally. An estimated 26.2 percent of Americans ages 18 and older or about one in four adults suffer from a diagnosable mental disorder in a given year. When applied to the 2004 U.S. Census residential population estimate for ages 18 and older, this figure translates to 57.7 million people.

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:19 pm

In a monarchy, yathA rAjA tathA prajA. In a democracy, yathA prajA tathA rAjA. As is America, so is Trump.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:44 pm

Idefix, 

Eight years before USA chose a black man to be president. Now Trump got elected. Americans could not have turned into a dumb society just in eight years under Obama.  America has to work through its democratic choice.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:02 pm

I am not saying America became dumb. America is a complex country, like all big countries. Its people are not purely political creatures who vote based on policies. History in democracies moves in pendulum swings. At one level Trump following Obama is not that different from what happened in the 70s after the progress in the 60s, and what happened in the 1870s following Reconstruction. 

I have come across people who say they voted for Obama twice and then Trump. I don't understand them, and I don't know how big a group that is, but they don't vote policies, they don't care about details like the truth, they vote from the gut. I don't think they are dumb.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by silvermani Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:59 pm

Idéfix wrote:I am not saying America became dumb. America is a complex country, like all big countries. Its people are not purely political creatures who vote based on policies. History in democracies moves in pendulum swings. At one level Trump following Obama is not that different from what happened in the 70s after the progress in the 60s, and what happened in the 1870s following Reconstruction. 

I have come across people who say they voted for Obama twice and then Trump. I don't understand them, and I don't know how big a group that is, but they don't vote policies, they don't care about details like the truth, they vote from the gut. I don't think they are dumb.
Very simple. Fed up with the status quo, they voted for change.
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:17 pm

Idéfix wrote:I am not saying America became dumb. America is a complex country, like all big countries. Its people are not purely political creatures who vote based on policies. History in democracies moves in pendulum swings. At one level Trump following Obama is not that different from what happened in the 70s after the progress in the 60s, and what happened in the 1870s following Reconstruction. 

I am not sure whether it's my GI or the neural network which tells me that the highlighted in bold does seem to be an oxymoron, albeit a bit longish Wink

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:22 pm

I meant that these people are quite competent and don't come across as stupid in any way. They have jobs and families, are reasonably well educated. It is just that they are not political junkies, and they vote with an instinctive opinion rather than detailed understanding of policy positions.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:26 pm

Idéfix wrote:I meant that these people are quite competent and don't come across as stupid in any way. They have jobs and families, are reasonably well educated. It is just that they are not political junkies, and they vote with an instinctive opinion rather than detailed understanding of policy positions.

i like that explanation! trust all is well with you and the family! have a good evening.

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:28 pm

Thanks, hope the same with you!
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:05 am

garam_kuta wrote:

I am not sure whether it's my GI or the neural network which tells me that the highlighted in bold does seem to be an oxymoron, albeit a bit longish Wink

Could not stop posting this... Smile 

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down