Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

broccoli soup

2 posters

Go down

broccoli soup Empty broccoli soup

Post by Guest Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:20 pm

had it at a restaurant last month, and was craving it since. easiest thing to make. just boil some broccoli in salt, and then blend it together with black pepper and lemon or lime. I added some butter to make it tastier for the kids, but my version w/o it tasted just fine. XH wants to add some cheese in his version, but i don't care for cheese or cream in my soups. 

very nice to have on a wintery day.

Back to top Go down

broccoli soup Empty Re: broccoli soup

Post by pravalika nanda Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:30 am

sounds good. yesterday i read about buddha bowls, usually rice and steamed veggies with tahini sauce or peanut dressing or some such thing. mom has heart dis so i'm going to suggest it to her.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:31 am

http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/recipes/16-easy-buddha-bowls-for-healthy-eating-all-week/ss-AAlOBvr?li=BBnb7Kw

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:09 am

pravalika nanda wrote:sounds good. yesterday i read about buddha bowls, usually rice and steamed veggies with tahini sauce or peanut dressing or some such thing. mom has heart dis so i'm going to suggest it to her.
Why do you need to blend broccoli to make soup after it has already turned mushy during boiling?
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:14 am

Seva Lamberdar wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:sounds good. yesterday i read about buddha bowls, usually rice and steamed veggies with tahini sauce or peanut dressing or some such thing. mom has heart dis so i'm going to suggest it to her.
Why do you need to blend broccoli to make soup after it has already turned mushy during boiling?

for a nice thick soup consistency without having to chew mushy pieces. and boiled is easier to blend. I don't use a lot of water to boil, just enough to cover broccoli, which i break in smaller pieces. This way the soup is not too liquid and not too thick.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down