Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why they support the travel ban

2 posters

Go down

Why they support the travel ban Empty Why they support the travel ban

Post by Hellsangel Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:45 pm

http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2017/03/politics/travel-ban-supporters-cnnphotos/
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Why they support the travel ban Empty Re: Why they support the travel ban

Post by Idéfix Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:31 pm

Quick summary why:

Danny Eapen... said he is used to being “extremely screened” when he travels back home to visit his family over the holidays. He doesn’t mind it though.
Thinks he is worth less than other people born into other ethnic groups and in other places.

Susan Richardson... said there should be a firm vetting process but believes allowances should be made for women, children and the elderly who are fleeing war-torn areas.
Is ignorant of the contents of the travel ban.

Rebecca Meyer... said that while she supported Trump’s decision to pause travel from certain countries, she had some criticism for the way he went about it.
Doesn't really support it.

Eric Johnson: "we want to be sensitive to them because we don’t want to send a message to people who are the good ones that you’re not welcome in America."
Is also ignorant of the contents of the travel ban. 

Amanda Patrick: "Regarding refugees, she said: “I don’t have issue with the people who have been properly vetted."
Doesn't understand how the refugees are vetted thoroughly over years -- much more thoroughly than Trump's National Security Adviser was vetted.

Robert Reed: “Which is another reason why I feel that, having served the United States proudly, I earned something, the right to be here. People coming here illegally have earned no right whatsoever.”
Doesn't understand that the travel ban deals with people coming here legally. 

Betty Norris: “If you’re going to be here, you need to do what we are required by law to do,” she said.
Doesn't understand that the travel ban does with people coming here legally.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down