Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pandit Nehru was against caste based reservations

+2
MaxEntropy_Man
charvaka
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Pandit Nehru was against caste based reservations - Page 2 Empty Re: Pandit Nehru was against caste based reservations

Post by Guest Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:43 pm

charvaka wrote:
Rashmun wrote:This is not about you as an Admin. Whatever authority you had is now lost because of your insistence on getting into fights and in going out of your way to undermine the credibility of other posters. If you take any action against any poster--particularly a poster who has been on Sulekha CH since 1996--this forum is doomed and you know it.
All your bluster against me rings hollow for one reason. You know what it is. You not only trusted my judgment when you moved to this forum, but you still trust my judgment by being here. Actions speak louder than words, and your being here is proof in itself of your trust in my judgment.

When you started your own forum, you were still delusional enough to think people would move there with time. I hope you recognize now how much people trust you -- and why.

--> With respect to people preferring to stay here, don't forget that all your sweet talk of trying to move everyone to chaikaapi failed big time. People are comfortable staying here, and that is fine with me.

--> It is true that i trusted your judgement at the time the forum was created. It is also true that at that time you were writing congratulatory posts expressing complete support for my philosophy posts and several other posts. Some time after this forum was created you coined the phrase 'Rashmun Method' and attempted in a cheap manner to undermine my credibility whole sale by using this phrase again and again in your posts after describing the term in a derogatory manner. My trust in this forum is based on the other posters here, and not you. If you take any action against me you will have to answer to them and that is what keeps me here.

Back to top Go down

Pandit Nehru was against caste based reservations - Page 2 Empty Re: Pandit Nehru was against caste based reservations

Post by charvaka Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:49 pm

Rashmun wrote:In my case PP's idiotic claim that i am a casteist is laughable since i have consistently advocated inter caste marriages and the destruction of the caste system.
Again, I was charitable with you and did not call you a casteist. I merely pointed out that the statement you made was a casteist statement. You admitted that once ("the caste card was played with LF") but then retraced your steps.

You can "advocate" good things ad nauseam when you are calm, but it is when you are angry and in a heated debate that your true character comes out. That is when you use words like this.

The slaves in question are base born Chandalas like you and other members of your extended family who have been attending to the needs of brahmins like yours truly for several generations.

People with such prejudices usually don't express them only when they are calm and feeling good. How people behave when angry or threatened is a good way to figure out their true prejudices.

Like I said before, be comfortable with who you are. Get comfortable with your prejudices.

You clearly don't want to engage me on the reasons for supporting reservations. Besides, I have already articulated them clearly in the past, and you deliberately chose to misrepresent my reasons above. So I am going to leave this thread to you now. Have a nice day.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:13 pm

charvaka wrote:
Rashmun wrote:In my case PP's idiotic claim that i am a casteist is laughable since i have consistently advocated inter caste marriages and the destruction of the caste system.
Again, I was charitable with you and did not call you a casteist. I merely pointed out that the statement you made was a casteist statement. You admitted that once ("the caste card was played with LF") but then retraced your steps.

You can "advocate" good things ad nauseam when you are calm, but it is when you are angry and in a heated debate that your true character comes out. That is when you use words like this.

The slaves in question are base born Chandalas like you and other members of your extended family who have been attending to the needs of brahmins like yours truly for several generations.

People with such prejudices usually don't express them only when they are calm and feeling good. How people behave when angry or threatened is a good way to figure out their true prejudices.

Like I said before, be comfortable with who you are. Get comfortable with your prejudices.

You clearly don't want to engage me on the reasons for supporting reservations. Besides, I have already articulated them clearly in the past, and you deliberately chose to misrepresent my reasons above. So I am going to leave this thread to you now. Have a nice day.

One of the features of the PP Method is to keep bringing up points which have already been explained and answered and discussed. For instance, i have explained that it was LF who played the caste card by first asking me 'What is your caste?', as is clear from that Sulekha CH post. I also explained that when confronted with a surprise attack, one is liable to make errors. Whether i played the caste card or LF played the caste card is to be found by looking in the CH post in question, and not by something i said four years after that post after suddenly finding myself attacked with the insinuation that i am a casteist although i have consistently argued for the destruction of the caste system. I would again like to point out your upbringing and your class and your values that you brought up this old discussion after i posted an autobiographical exchange with the person about to become my father in law. When i said i had never played the caste card in that post, any sensible unbiased person would have realized that i was referring to real life when i said that. Even in online posts i have never been a casteist--unlike you--and have consistently advocated the destruction of the caste system and the abolition of caste based reservations which you would like to be perpetuated indefinitely thereby ensuring the caste system is perpetuated indefinitely.

With respect to calling LF a 'base born Chandala' i would like to reiterate that it was in a heated debate with abuses flying in both directions and it was initiated by the words 'What is your caste? ' used by LF. The record shows that LF brought the caste of the person into the discussion. After having asked my caste, and received an answer, he refused to divulge his own caste whereupon i started calling him 'Chandala'. Remember, this was a heated debate with abuses flying in both directions. The record is there before us: he was the one who first said 'What is your caste?'.

The words i have used are no worse than words used by your Gulti Brothers Truthbetold and Propagandhi against Merlot and Luke Warmus respectively. TBT has abused Merlot's mother on several occasions and Propa has on several occasions claimed that Luke is having an incestuous relationship with his daughter and even threatened to kill him. You never bothered reprimanding them--even though you enjoyed cordial relations with them--because they were fellow Gultis and because it was useful and convenient to be friends with posters who could help you handle Seva and Luke Warmus.

Would you say that the true evil character of Propagandhi and Truthbetold comes out in heated debates? Here is your opportunity to rebuke them.

Back to top Go down

Post by .|Sublime|. Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:40 am

I think it is high time someone changed the title of this thread. (as a new entrant to this thread, I do not claim to have this right)
very misleading, I tell you.
i wanted to read about caste based reservations and chacha nehru but alas...very disappointed....

.|Sublime|.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:47 am

.|Sublime|. wrote:I think it is high time someone changed the title of this thread. (as a new entrant to this thread, I do not claim to have this right)
very misleading, I tell you.
i wanted to read about caste based reservations and chacha nehru but alas...very disappointed....
Absolutemente,what do you think should be the title of this thread?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:52 am

what absolutelemente? don't sway voters by using BIG words, ok? i like the thread title as is and vote for it stay that way.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:57 am

Impedimenta wrote:what absolutelemente? don't sway voters by using BIG words, ok? i like the thread title as is and vote for it stay that way.
Whatever you say, CYπEP POKCTAP!
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by MulaiAzhagi Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:35 pm

===> Dr. Subramanian Swamy says that the brahmin Nehru was jealous of dalit Ambedkar. Because Dr. Ambedkar was intellectually far superior to Nehru. Dr. Swamy says that is not the kind of Brahmin one should be. Do you agree?

MulaiAzhagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2