Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bad career advice: Do what you love

5 posters

Go down

Bad career advice: Do what you love Empty Bad career advice: Do what you love

Post by MulaiAzhagi Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:28 am

http://blog.penelopetrunk.com/2007/12/18/bad-career-advice-do-what-you-love/

MulaiAzhagi

Back to top Go down

Bad career advice: Do what you love Empty Re: Bad career advice: Do what you love

Post by Maria S Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:39 am

"We are each multifaceted, multilayered, complicated people, and if you are reading this blog, you probably devote a large part of your life to learning about yourself and you know it's a process. None us loves just one thing."

Could not agree more Sara!

I would say if you don't have the luxury of quitting and exclusively doing what you love..try to love what you do- and never stop pursuing your interests.

For example..years ago- it was a common assumption- to think doctors can only do one thing and somehow pursuing other interests are a "step down-makes them strange"..thankfully it's very common and almost necessary now! *Of course- finances/financial support has to be meaured in practical terms..and make wise decisions.

Just look at Ron Paul..he was a Surgeon, OB/GYN, business man, Congressman, a lot of other things..at almost 80 years old running for President and getting some votes! As "weird" as he may be..at least the man is colorful and bold!

In my view- life is too short and is never dull..when one is always willing to explore their interests, come out of their comfort zone and use all their talents and abilities.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Bad career advice: Do what you love Empty Re: Bad career advice: Do what you love

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:12 pm

Yes. I am going to do what I am....and not what I like.

Will be opening my Ashram under the Big Cottonwood Tree and give out advice to my devotees.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:12 pm

I would like to be a doctor but I am not qualified.

I am trying to change my career for the past 2 years and still haven't figured what I want! I am sure I will be a good doctor Razz But...I am not qualified.

Thx.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:16 pm

I would love to be a filthy rich stay-at-home mom, who gets to take exotic vacations e'time the kids have school off. But then I should have made myself knock-out hot, and colored my hair blonde, and not married for lovv-u as early as I did. FML.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:30 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:I would love to be a filthy rich stay-at-home mom, who gets to take exotic vacations e'time the kids have school off. But then I should have made myself knock-out hot, and colored my hair blonde, and not married for lovv-u as early as I did. FML.

If at all I were flithy rich. I would like to dedicate my rest of life improving the society. Atleast adopt few 20-25 kids and provide them decent food, education, and shelter.

:-)

But still I think I would've been a good doctor.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:38 pm

Sasthi wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:I would love to be a filthy rich stay-at-home mom, who gets to take exotic vacations e'time the kids have school off. But then I should have made myself knock-out hot, and colored my hair blonde, and not married for lovv-u as early as I did. FML.

If at all I were flithy rich. I would like to dedicate my rest of life improving the society. Atleast adopt few 20-25 kids and provide them decent food, education, and shelter.

:-)

But still I think I would've been a good doctor.

Your husband was right... You are innocent, confused, and arrogant all at the same time.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:52 pm

I think he said that coz he was so egoistic to admit that he was less smart than me. LOL

Seri...Upilli-avrae, I can tell the back story for being a doctor, adoption and flithy richness but it's okay...let it go!

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:41 pm

Sasthi wrote:I would like to be a doctor but I am not qualified.

I am trying to change my career for the past 2 years and still haven't figured what I want! I am sure I will be a good doctor Razz But...I am not qualified.

Thx.

unless u devote ur life to helping the poor there is no more charm or nobility in being a doctor . He makes less money his patients don't respect him ..they are only waiting for him to make a mistake ,,then sue the hell out of him

be a veterinarian instead
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:49 pm

unless u devote ur life to helping the poor there is no more charm or nobility in being a doctor . He makes less money his patients don't respect him ..they are only waiting for him to make a mistake ,,then sue the hell out of him

be a veterinarian instead

Thanks for making my day! From this min onwards I wouldn't regret for not studying doc. I think I made the right decision then.

I am so done with coding and I want to change seriously....any advice will be appreciated/non appreciated depending. :-)

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down