Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NO IMPEACHMENT FOR YOU!

5 posters

Go down

NO IMPEACHMENT FOR YOU! Empty NO IMPEACHMENT FOR YOU!

Post by SomeProfile Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:05 pm

Comey's testimony tomorrow: https://www.intelligence.senate.gov/sites/default/files/documents/os-jcomey-060817.pdf

"We did not have an open counter-intelligence case on [President-Elect Trump]. During our one-on-one meeting at Trump Tower, ... without him directly asking the question, I offered that assurance."

(On 2nd one-on-one dinner meeting with Trump): "I replied that he should give [ordering a investigation into the Steel dossier] careful thought because it might create a narrative that we were investigating him personally, which we weren't."

(phone call): "I explained that we had briefed the leadership of Congress on exactly which individuals we were investigating and that we had told those Congressional leaders that we were not personally investigating President Trump."

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

NO IMPEACHMENT FOR YOU! Empty Re: NO IMPEACHMENT FOR YOU!

Post by silvermani Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:24 pm

Poor libs. All their wet dreams shattered by Comey's testimony.
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:31 pm

I don't expect Republicans to begin impeachment proceedings based on the Comey testimony. That would be expecting them to put country above party. I recommend people actually read the entire document.

Here are a few highlights:

• Trump not personally under investigation as of February -- quotes above
  • Trump asked Comey multiple times to say publicly that Trump personally was not under investigation
  • Comey could not rule out the need to investigate Trump personally, hence did not want to publicly say Trump is not personally under investigation 
  • Trump asked Comey for a loyalty pledge in a meeting where he told Comey there were many other people who wanted Comey's job
  • Trump asked Comey to drop the investigation into Flynn

These are not anonymous sources talking about what they heard from their friend or had a memo read to them. This is the actual written testimony from a Republican director of the FBI.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:42 pm

Now quotes from Comey's testimony to back up my summary...

2. Trump asked Comey multiple times to say publicly that Trump personally was not under investigation
I explained that we had briefed the leadership of Congress on exactly which individuals we were investigating and that we had told those Congressional leaders that we were not personally investigating President Trump. I reminded him I had previously told him that. He repeatedly told me, “We need to get that fact out.”

3. Comey could not rule out the need to investigate Trump personally, hence did not want to publicly say Trump is not personally under investigation

... the FBI and the Department of Justice had been reluctant to make public statements that we did not have an open case on President Trump for a number of reasons, most importantly because it would create a duty to correct, should that change

4. Trump asked Comey for a loyalty pledge in a meeting where he told Comey there were many other people who wanted Comey's job
The President began by asking me whether I wanted to stay on as FBI Director, which I found strange because he had already told me twice in earlier conversations that he hoped I would stay, and I had assured him that I intended to. He said that lots of people wanted my job and, given the abuse I had taken during the previous year, he would understand if I wanted to walk away...

A few moments later, the President said, “I need loyalty, I expect loyalty.”

... Near the end of our dinner, the President returned to the subject of my job, saying he was very glad I wanted to stay, adding that he had heard great things about me from Jim Mattis, Jeff Sessions, and many others. He then said, “I need loyalty.”

5. Trump asked Comey to drop the investigation into Flynn
The President then returned to the topic of Mike Flynn, saying, “He is a good guy and has been through a lot.” He repeated that Flynn hadn’t done anything wrong on his calls with the Russians, but had misled the Vice President. He then said, “I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go. He is a good guy. I hope you can let this go.”

Now, let us remember that we are talking about Flynn who has in fact violated US law. The president is claiming he did nothing wrong, when in fact, he failed to register as a foreign agent, disclose that he was a foreign agent when applying for clearance, and Trump's White House knew all that.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:50 pm

Another remarkable passage from the Comey testimony.

I spoke alone with President Obama twice in person (and never on the phone) – once in 2015 to discuss law enforcement policy issues and a second time, briefly, for him to say goodbye in late 2016. In neither of those circumstances did I memorialize the discussions. I can recall nine one-on-one conversations with President Trump in four months – three in person and six on the phone.

Obama spoke one-on-one with Comey twice in three years. Trump talked one-on-one with him nine times in four months. And several of those conversations were about the FBI's investigation of his campaign.

Trump did more of the following things in four months than Obama did in eight years:

• play golf and vacation at his resorts
  • grant ethics waivers to lobbyists on his staff
  • talk one-on-one to FBI director

Is America great again yet?
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by silvermani Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:43 pm

Yada yada yada but bottom line - no impeachment!
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:11 pm

silvermani wrote:Yada yada yada but bottom line - no impeachment!
Not impeached = so much winning!
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:30 am

NO IMPEACHMENT FOR YOU! Pw7

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:24 am

It's called admitting and correcting your mistake. Not something you'd know if you're glued to Faux news or Breitbart.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:37 am

From the Clinton News Network to the Choking News Network.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down