Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what is really going on in that "what are you drinking" thread?

+6
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Propagandhi711
ashaNirasha
charvaka
Hellsangel
Impedimenta
10 posters

Go down

what is really going on in that "what are you drinking" thread? Empty what is really going on in that "what are you drinking" thread?

Post by Impedimenta Mon May 09, 2011 9:53 am

that makes my websense go like this....

You have reached a filtered web page.

Reason:
The Websense category "Alcohol and Tobacco" is filtered.

so, someone's smoking as well?

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

what is really going on in that "what are you drinking" thread? Empty Re: what is really going on in that "what are you drinking" thread?

Post by Hellsangel Mon May 09, 2011 10:16 am

Your websense must be tingling.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

what is really going on in that "what are you drinking" thread? Empty Re: what is really going on in that "what are you drinking" thread?

Post by Impedimenta Mon May 09, 2011 1:13 pm

i am not liking admin charvaka a lot now so let me post what i had for lunch here since the food thread is blocked for me.

panini from an amazing trattoria...

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Mon May 09, 2011 1:18 pm

Impedimenta wrote:i am not liking admin charvaka a lot now
What did I do now?
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by ashaNirasha Mon May 09, 2011 1:48 pm

I think you need to set some sort of automatic settings to re size and format the pics that are posted. All the pics that are posted are such an eye sore so far. I'm not liking the feature because of that.

ashaNirasha

Back to top Go down

Post by ashaNirasha Mon May 09, 2011 1:52 pm

Forgot to introduce myself. Was Moxifloxacin (ugh!) in old CH. Finally got to change the handle! The new one's ugh too, but small steps...

ashaNirasha

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Mon May 09, 2011 1:57 pm

charvaka wrote:
Impedimenta wrote:i am not liking admin charvaka a lot now
What did I do now?

your sticky notes business turned into a big amoking alchoholic slugfest that my websense is complaining about. And, i have nothing to talk about and no one to talk to...
so, ya my blue flower back please....

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon May 09, 2011 1:57 pm

a good handle makes all the difference. when looking at your old handle on ch, one is immediately transferred to a hospital outpatient ward with dettol smells, resonating hallways, "ayaas", green scrubs, medical type females with hair tightly pulled back in a bun, kerala nurses etc etc. now sublime..that handle evokes images of a serene, graceful and lissome female with long lean legs, sparse pubic hair & round yet proportionate hips. your new handle seems passive aggressive for some strange reason.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 09, 2011 1:59 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:a good handle makes all the difference. when looking at your old handle on ch, one is immediately transferred to a hospital outpatient ward with dettol smells, resonating hallways, "ayaas", green scrubs, medical type females with hair tightly pulled back in a bun, kerala nurses etc etc. now sublime..that handle evokes images of a serene, graceful and lissome female with long lean legs, sparse pubic hair & round yet proportionate hips. your new handle seems passive aggressive for some strange reason.

what about tracy whitney?

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon May 09, 2011 1:59 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:

Some of us much prefer an Elizabeth Roffe.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon May 09, 2011 2:03 pm

off the top of my head - diaper bags, sippy bottle, feeding bowl in hand, running after children in a harried manner, having lunch 'dates' in chick-a-fila with fellow moms, loose clothes...

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Mon May 09, 2011 2:04 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:a good handle makes all the difference. when looking at your old handle on ch, one is immediately transferred to a hospital outpatient ward with dettol smells, resonating hallways, "ayaas", green scrubs, medical type females with hair tightly pulled back in a bun, kerala nurses etc etc. now sublime..that handle evokes images of a serene, graceful and lissome female with long lean legs, sparse pubic hair & round yet proportionate hips. your new handle seems passive aggressive for some strange reason.

hello, no need to insult geethree....i am not liking propagandhi so much so we are good here. sublime, i agree.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon May 09, 2011 2:05 pm

Impedimenta wrote:

hello, no need to insult geethree....i am not liking propagandhi so much so we are good here. sublime, i agree.
He wasn't talking about geethree. Another slow day?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon May 09, 2011 2:06 pm

I was talking abt moxifloxocin.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by ashaNirasha Mon May 09, 2011 2:09 pm

I wanted to post a poll on handle suggestions. But I had to register and pick one before that. This is probably gonna stay for another ten years. Sad (btw, I don't like emoticons). Can we register multiple times?

ashaNirasha

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Mon May 09, 2011 2:10 pm

ashaNirasha wrote:I wanted to post a poll on handle suggestions. But I had to register and pick one before that. This is probably gonna stay for another ten years. Sad (btw, I don't like emoticons). Can we register multiple times?

lol, how did you pick ashanirasha?

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 09, 2011 2:12 pm

ashaNirasha wrote:I think you need to set some sort of automatic settings to re size and format the pics that are posted. All the pics that are posted are such an eye sore so far. I'm not liking the feature because of that.

i think the default size right now is 800x but, yes, i think it should be reduced. as many people who don't like this new format, as many will love it. everyone is not the same. i mean for every one person nostalgic about the old ch format, there will be at least one person overjoyed with this new format.

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Mon May 09, 2011 2:12 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
Impedimenta wrote:

He wasn't talking about geethree. Another slow day?

yes, everyday is a slow day for me. if the only way for you to talk with me is by picking on me or insulting me, then i'd rather not talk at all. just saying...

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 09, 2011 2:15 pm

ashaNirasha wrote:. Can we register multiple times?

sure. there is technically no admin here so i can speak as if i were one. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 09, 2011 2:15 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:off the top of my head - diaper bags, sippy bottle, feeding bowl in hand, running after children in a harried manner, having lunch 'dates' in chick-a-fila with fellow moms, loose clothes...

lol... damn I was imagining a world class smart thief imagery.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 09, 2011 2:19 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:

Some of us much prefer an Elizabeth Roffe.

yeah, I debated about that one too, specially since I remember one of my friends was totally in love with the Rhys Williams character... but am no heiress... hence went for Tracy Whitney... some of my friends used to tell me the character somewhat resembled my personality...

Back to top Go down

Post by ashaNirasha Mon May 09, 2011 2:23 pm

was listening to an old hindi song yesterday that had these words. was sorta depressed too, and those words stuck in my head.

ashaNirasha

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon May 09, 2011 2:51 pm

ashaNirasha wrote:Forgot to introduce myself. Was Moxifloxacin (ugh!) in old CH. Finally got to change the handle! The new one's ugh too, but small steps...

Here: Take this Vibhuti Prasad. My blessings.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Mon May 09, 2011 3:50 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
ashaNirasha wrote:I think you need to set some sort of automatic settings to re size and format the pics that are posted. All the pics that are posted are such an eye sore so far. I'm not liking the feature because of that.

i think the default size right now is 800x but, yes, i think it should be reduced. as many people who don't like this new format, as many will love it. everyone is not the same. i mean for every one person nostalgic about the old ch format, there will be at least one person overjoyed with this new format.
I can change it further down, to something like 400px, and then you'll have to click on the images you want to see. I will wait until Friday to do it though, because I am on a vratam to keep off admin for a week.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon May 09, 2011 3:51 pm

charvaka wrote:
I can change it further down, to something like 400px, and then you'll have to click on the images you want to see. I will wait until Friday to do it though, because I am on a vratam to keep off admin for a week.
Please don't change it!
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Mon May 09, 2011 4:01 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
charvaka wrote:
Please don't change it!

Agreed.

Also, don't be quick on the trigger responding to people's suggestions and feedback going forward. Part of the reason I asked not to use admin powers for one week was for people to get used to things as they are now and get adjusted to them. Once people get used to things, there will be less requests to admin to change this and that. After that, any new suggestions should be carefully evaluated and feedback solicited from majority of members.

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Mon May 09, 2011 4:06 pm

my hands are shaking not being able to post on the daily food thread....i wants my blue flower back admin....

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Mon May 09, 2011 4:17 pm

We probably have the same web sense product. Last week, it wouldn't let me open the blip blop thread at work. But today I am able to open it.

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by ashaNirasha Mon May 09, 2011 4:19 pm

Impedimenta wrote:my hands are shaking not being able to post on the daily food thread....i wants my blue flower back admin....

Admin just got a warning to not respond to frivolous requests. Please not to test his will.

Your blue flowers are safe in admin's vault. There are being watered everyday and are blooming. They will be returned in 2 weeks after all the users are reconciled to the fact that we have no where else to go.

ashaNirasha

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Mon May 09, 2011 4:21 pm

ashanirasha kaun?

have you completed the Such forum's admittance test devised by HA..
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by ashaNirasha Mon May 09, 2011 4:29 pm

I'm already here without any test. And complaining about a lot of things too. What are you gonna do about it?

ashaNirasha

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Mon May 09, 2011 4:33 pm

ashaNirasha wrote:I'm already here without any test. And complaining about a lot of things too. What are you gonna do about it?

I will shake my fists at you .. and ..

do nothing.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Tue May 10, 2011 1:49 am

ashaNirasha? lame. very lame. ashaNirasha? really? why don't you change it to crocin or vicks action 500 or something?

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 10, 2011 1:50 am

ashaNirasha wrote:Forgot to introduce myself. Was Moxifloxacin (ugh!) in old CH. Finally got to change the handle! The new one's ugh too, but small steps...

You can change it through your profile. (I think!)

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Tue May 10, 2011 1:54 am

Impedimenta wrote:my hands are shaking not being able to post on the daily food thread....i wants my blue flower back admin....
May I help you? Or, rather, is there anything I can do that can fool your websense for doing this gross injustice?
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Tue May 10, 2011 1:55 am

ashaNirasha wrote:

Admin just got a warning to not respond to frivolous requests. Please not to test his will.

Your blue flowers are safe in admin's vault. There are being watered everyday and are blooming. They will be returned in 2 weeks after all the users are reconciled to the fact that we have no where else to go.
Haha. Welcome. I just got busy (with work, for a change.)
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Tue May 10, 2011 2:01 am

Another Brick wrote:ashaNirasha? lame. very lame. ashaNirasha? really? why don't you change it to crocin or vicks action 500 or something?

ashaNirasha sounds like a new brand of Indian condoms or contraceptive pills. May be asha is the pill and Nirasha is the condom?

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Tue May 10, 2011 2:03 am

charvaka wrote:
May I help you? Or, rather, is there anything I can do that can fool your websense for doing this gross injustice?
BTW, one sure-fire way past all such filters: 3G hotspot on that Android device. I use it all the time.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 10, 2011 2:17 am

Impedimenta wrote:your sticky notes business turned into a big amoking alchoholic slugfest that my websense is complaining about.

ha ha. after we've all posted pics of the expensive/connosieur stuff we drink (or can drink), it will die down. it's totally a men's thing. i've already exhausted my arsenal and will probably post less there. so your websense will find it's bearings soon. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Tue May 10, 2011 2:47 am

SomeProfile wrote:
Another Brick wrote:ashaNirasha? lame. very lame. ashaNirasha? really? why don't you change it to crocin or vicks action 500 or something?

ashaNirasha sounds like a new brand of Indian condoms or contraceptive pills. May be asha is the pill and Nirasha is the condom?

true. it sounds like a govt. initiative (like mala d). or n!r0dh. pachaas paise me teen.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Tue May 10, 2011 4:24 am

SomeProfile wrote:

Asha is the pill. Nirasha is the morning-after pill.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Tue May 10, 2011 4:31 am

hahaha

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by ashaNirasha Wed May 11, 2011 11:47 am

Very funny. But thanks for the overwhelmingly positive response. It's either this or 'eleventeen' or 'archana satyanarayana'.

I personally think this handle makes my NI ingratiation complete. Not that there are any NI's left to ingratiate myself to on this board any more.

Here's a song for all those hahahas. Btw, I realized I had the exact same hairstyle as Rajesh Khanna's as a kid.

ashaNirasha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 11, 2011 2:17 pm

txs. for posting this ashanirasha. i had often thought about this song but since i could not (sufficiently) recollect the lyrics, i could not search for it. looking back, i think this was the movie that permanently deranged my mind: i began to believe in after lives and plaintive music that beckoned memories of a past existence. the damage was permanent. this was the point from where my slow downfall started.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down