Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are we staying or leaving?

4 posters

Go down

Are we staying or leaving? Empty Are we staying or leaving?

Post by harharmahadev Mon May 09, 2011 11:03 am

Please let me know if this forum is going to die as soon as Sulekha comes up or not! I need to know since I'm looking for a new vbulletin-driven desi forum.

If everyone is going to head back to Sulekha as soon as it's up, then I'll just wait for the final verdict.

harharmahadev

http://www.desichatter.com

Back to top Go down

Are we staying or leaving? Empty Re: Are we staying or leaving?

Post by Hellsangel Mon May 09, 2011 11:14 am

Why don't you open a poll?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 09, 2011 11:16 am

we are all waiting and watching and examining options. no one has an answer to your questions i think. it is quite unncessary to force decisions on anyone yet.

however, one thing is clear. this community is not in any danger of splitting (a prospect that loomed on us in egypt a few weeks ago). wherever we go or don't go, we will all be together. that is a comforting thought.

speaking for myself, i don't want to go back to "an abusive husband." a few others think the same way. but if everyone moves, probably i will too, if a little reluctantly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 09, 2011 11:30 am

I may either move, or I may quit CH altogether, or I might take a break and then begin posting there again.

yeah, covered all my bases.. overall, it depends on how much am I willing to get into a mud fest again and when...

Back to top Go down

Post by harharmahadev Mon May 09, 2011 11:33 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:I may either move, or I may quit CH altogether, or I might take a break and then begin posting there again.

yeah, covered all my bases.. overall, it depends on how much am I willing to get into a mud fest again and when...

Personally...I'm a little tired of this CH-obsessed topics. I ignore those posts, but then again, I don't want to lose posts if the admin decides to shut this site down.

harharmahadev

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 09, 2011 11:43 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:I may either move, or I may quit CH altogether, or I might take a break and then begin posting there again.

you are an inspiration. i will follow suit.

Harharmahadev wrote: Personally...I'm a little tired of this CH-obsessed topics.

well it's interesting. it should interest you even more 'cos you own a desi forum yourself. otoh, you might have other more interesting things to busy yourself with like the stock market or macroeconomics.

Harharmahadev wrote: I don't want to lose posts if the admin decides to shut this site down.

i don't think that will happen. this is not a paid site. *just my opinion*

Back to top Go down

Post by harharmahadev Mon May 09, 2011 11:47 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:

you are an inspiration. i will follow suit.

Harharmahadev wrote: Personally...I'm a little tired of this CH-obsessed topics.

well it's interesting. it should interest you even more 'cos you own a desi forum yourself. otoh, you might have other more interesting things to busy yourself with like the stock market or macroeconomics.

Harharmahadev wrote: I don't want to lose posts if the admin decides to shut this site down.

i don't think that will happen. this is not a paid site. *just my opinion*

Nothing personal against you Huzefa!

I'm just wondering if I should start posting on forums.sulekha.com or this site? I'm confused about what is everyone planning and I'm not keeping up with all topics on both forums.

If we are planning to move, then I'll move. If we are planning to stay, then I'll stay. I'm not sure how long we are going to be in a 'wait and watch' mode. At some point, we have to make a decision whether to stay or go. That's all.

harharmahadev

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon May 09, 2011 11:49 am

I vote for staying. Anytime I need to dig up any history, like Kattabomman's wicked laugh, I always can and I can post a link here.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 09, 2011 11:54 am

Hellsangel wrote:I vote for staying. Anytime I need to dig up any history, like Kattabomman's wicked laugh, I always can and I can post a link here.

k then, we will both stay and laugh at sulekha's posts here.

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Mon May 09, 2011 12:43 pm

harharmahadev wrote:Please let me know if this forum is going to die as soon as Sulekha comes up or not! I need to know since I'm looking for a new vbulletin-driven desi forum.

If everyone is going to head back to Sulekha as soon as it's up, then I'll just wait for the final verdict.
Why leave? I am staying.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 09, 2011 12:58 pm

i think this new forum has added a new dimension, a meta-dimension to things we could discuss. as long as the clowns (maria, seva, QB and TS) continue to be active there, we can discuss what they are discussing here. i'll add my two bit to the discussion for today.

i-am-ts: i pawns u suxxors! ha ha ha.
maria s: d00d wot goes around comes around. evil gonna bite yo ass LOL.
kripamaya: 4 every evil there be more good. who's the saint here?
*kripamaya boots maria ass from teh holy server*

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 09, 2011 1:02 pm

Maria is all hurt apparently.. her thank you post in the morning clearly indicated she read this forum... she'd also read the forum before, but totally denied when I called upon her cheapshot at us... I knew she used to back down earlier too when called for her indirect swings, but this time, it was so obvious that I lost respect for her. She can keep dancing in self glorification all she wants...

and this qb who keeps telling maria she's so great has forgotten the first class bitchin she's done against her on YM...

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Mon May 09, 2011 1:07 pm

AS i said before, i cannot stand old CH discussions which i see is rampant in here. I still absolutely enjoy interacting with certain handles here. SO i will stick around. also, websense has totally blocked out old CH calling it dangerous and malicious. i wonder what happened in there today. it has also started blocking food and drink threads here shouting that someone's been smoking. so, my options are limited which might be a good thing because i suck at multi tasking. i work and i post and they are two different things. so, i better curb my posting because it will affect my work.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 09, 2011 1:20 pm

impy, i can sense that what are you cooking/having cooked/eating today has stolen the thunder from you. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Mon May 09, 2011 1:53 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:impy, i can sense that what are you cooking/having cooked/eating today has stolen the thunder from you. Very Happy

ya, that as well...

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down