Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

newt closing in say the newsmedia...

5 posters

Go down

newt closing in say the newsmedia... Empty newt closing in say the newsmedia...

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:01 pm

...on what? wife #4?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

newt closing in say the newsmedia... Empty Re: newt closing in say the newsmedia...

Post by doofus_maximus Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:28 pm

you are having a ball Max. Lol.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

newt closing in say the newsmedia... Empty Re: newt closing in say the newsmedia...

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:01 am

yeah you know what, i am having fun with it. it's something that just irritates the hell out of me and when a GoP politician gets into trouble over it, i am aroused. i don't think the republicans have cornered the market on the overactive penis problem, but i do think they have the market cornered on the hypocrisy associated with it -- witness gingrich, livingston, the foot tapping whatsisname gayboy senator from idaho, the south carolina governor who went to argentina to find his hole mate and on and on. so when one of them comes crashing down they absolutely need to be ridiculed, laughed at, and spat on. family values? my arse.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:12 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:yeah you know what, i am having fun with it. it's something that just irritates the hell out of me and when a GoP politician gets into trouble over it, i am aroused. i don't think the republicans have cornered the market on the overactive penis problem, but i do think they have the market cornered on the hypocrisy associated with it -- witness gingrich, livingston, the foot tapping whatsisname gayboy senator from idaho, the south carolina governor who went to argentina to find his hole mate and on and on. so when one of them comes crashing down they absolutely need to be ridiculed, laughed at, and spat on. family values? my arse.

--> wasn't Abraham Lincoln a republican?

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:42 am

Rashmun wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:yeah you know what, i am having fun with it. it's something that just irritates the hell out of me and when a GoP politician gets into trouble over it, i am aroused. i don't think the republicans have cornered the market on the overactive penis problem, but i do think they have the market cornered on the hypocrisy associated with it -- witness gingrich, livingston, the foot tapping whatsisname gayboy senator from idaho, the south carolina governor who went to argentina to find his hole mate and on and on. so when one of them comes crashing down they absolutely need to be ridiculed, laughed at, and spat on. family values? my arse.

So???

You are lucky that you did not become a lawyer....

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:48 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

So???

my point is that there are good republicans and bad republicans just as there are good democrats and bad democrats. i am talking about the personal character here, and not policy issues.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:16 am

Rashmun wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

So???

my point is that there are good republicans and bad republicans just as there are good democrats and bad democrats. i am talking about the personal character here, and not policy issues.

And your examples for your THEORY are Abe Lincoln from 1860 and Newt Gangrene from 2010.

It is high time the psychologists define negative IQs so you can be ratified.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:43 am

Rashmun wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

So???

And your examples for your THEORY are Abe Lincoln from 1860 and Newt Gangrene from 2010.

It is high time the psychologists define negative IQs so you I can be ratified.

--> As i wrote earlier:

my point is that there are good republicans and bad republicans just as
there are good democrats and bad democrats. i am talking about the
personal character here, and not policy issues.

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:43 am

I am guessing you dont get a woodie when reading news about corrupt democratic politicians at both national and state level as there's no hypocrisy involved? or maybe you don't pay attention to such news.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:49 am

i do pay attention to all politics. we have our share of corrupt democratic politicians at the state level here. matter of fact you'd be hard pressed to find too many republicans here, scott brown (who i supported in his last election bid and will do so again) being the lone exception. in my original post, i'm referring specifically to hypocrisy on sexual matters. in my observation, that's a uniquely republican trait. not the having of sexual issues, but the hypocrisy associated with it, the operative word being the h-word, not the s-word.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:33 pm

oh and by the way, i thought john king was too easy on newt. i'd have asked newt back why he is getting so agitated about this question, when he had no problems whatsoever talking about billy boy's sexual escapades in public and embarrassing him. i suppose he was too afraid of being labeled a shill for the dems.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:53 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:oh and by the way, i thought john king was too easy on newt. i'd have asked newt back why he is getting so agitated about this question, when he had no problems whatsoever talking about billy boy's sexual escapades in public and embarrassing him. i suppose he was too afraid of being labeled a shill for the dems.
Gingrich has also said -- in this election cycle -- that it is a legitimate topic for people to ask him about his marital history. I can't access Youtube here, but there is footage of him saying exactly that on a debate stage, no less. John King should have quoted Gingrich to Gingrich on this topic.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:55 pm

John King became very defensive when asked about it by Anderson Cooper after the debate was over.

doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:57 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:i do pay attention to all politics. we have our share of corrupt democratic politicians at the state level here. matter of fact you'd be hard pressed to find too many republicans here, scott brown (who i supported in his last election bid and will do so again) being the lone exception. in my original post, i'm referring specifically to hypocrisy on sexual matters. in my observation, that's a uniquely republican trait. not the having of sexual issues, but the hypocrisy associated with it, the operative word being the h-word, not the s-word.

hypocrisy cuts both ways on every single topic. whenever someone takes a strong stand against or for something, it's not hard to find inconsistencies, such is human nature. I dont think it's productive to do so but that's the name of the game so whatever. one thing I often wondered about: why is the liberal media (filled with humanities/mass communication majors that are overwhelmingly left leaning) so bent upon exposing the sexual exploits of newt but were so reticent abt billy boy's peccadilloes back in the day? or reticent abt willie brown etc?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:00 pm

reticent about billy boy.. really.

It was the other way around. They pounced on it. Meanwhile Newt's peccadilloes were under reported when the news broke out first.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:50 pm

charvaka wrote: John King should have quoted Gingrich to Gingrich on this topic.

john king is no jon stewart. i wish stewart could moderate one of these debates.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:59 am

Here is Newt Gingrich saying, "every American has the right to ask these questions" about his marital history. Watch at 1:00.

Despicable, indeed!

David Gregory asks a great question at 2:15: "do people, should they be expected to take that as a serious of contrition, that you were so patriotic and so passionate that you cheated on your wife?"
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down