Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mitt Vs newt

Go down

Mitt Vs newt Empty Mitt Vs newt

Post by Impedimenta Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:55 pm

even if romney "gets" the nomination, is he essentially "electable" ? both of them flip flop on issues but its the justification that is going to give newt an edge. i think romney's swaying on issues is the problem of the GOP primary electorate. and the fact that once nominated and elected, he is going to switch back and that does not sit well with the purists.

i like romney because he is moderate and analytical and *I* can see why he is doing some of the flip flopping on the issues. newt, OTOH has a good handle on the issues but he does come across as arrogant and unpredictable in a dangerous way. but he seems to have a ready answer for everything in the debates.

The real problem with the GOP candidates is the conflict between their own personal preferences on social policies like legalized abortion etc etc and the policies "accepted by the GOP conservaties.

Sad state for the GOP because if anyone it is romney who has a decent chance of winning against obama.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down