Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sh*t Punjabi Mothers say

5 posters

Go down

Sh*t Punjabi Mothers say Empty Sh*t Punjabi Mothers say

Post by Guest Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:32 pm

daughter showed me this. Was laughing about the drinking tea part. I was offended that I don't talk like an illiterate like that. She was also laughing at some other dadagiri dialogs, like, 'you wait', 'don't make me come there', 'dimag kharab hai tera', 'what will your MIL say', 'you will know when u have you own kids', even though not said in the same way. Actually, quite a few of them. Also the *death stare* and holding the knees when sitting on the sofa, wearing inverted jacket...Daughter is like, 'mommy admit it you are like that. ALL the Indian parents are like that'. Could not deny half the shit said there, LOL.

Last edited by Tracy Whitney on Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Sh*t Punjabi Mothers say Empty Re: Sh*t Punjabi Mothers say

Post by Guest Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:38 pm

more here

https://www.youtube.com/jusreign#p/search

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:40 pm

lols that was funny

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:41 pm

actually if you search on youtube, you'll find vids on "shyt indian girls say" or "shyt pakistani girls say" etc

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:52 pm

Bittu wrote:lols that was funny

yeah, and funnily these days I am even wearing glasses like those. Need a new frame. Until then, kaam chalaoing with my 1995 pair. Eyes hurt otherwise.

The other day I went to a movie theatre wearing those. The boy at the popcorn counter turned to look and me, and could not stop smiling. Seeing him, I began sorta laughing too. He kept on giggling a bit till we were done. To make it worse, I walked out of there w/o picking up my soda! Even more nervous laughter.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:58 am

for the Nth time the most annoying thing in our house is "No running in the house!", "None calls their Mom by name...call me MOM!" - this is for my dd.
"You are not a 7 year old - behave!" ...it usually comes back to me "MOM! I am not a 7 year old!!!!!?".

Mom! It is not pronounced that way....hysterical laffs.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:59 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:
Bittu wrote:lols that was funny

yeah, and funnily these days I am even wearing glasses like those. Need a new frame. Until then, kaam chalaoing with my 1995 pair. Eyes hurt otherwise.

The other day I went to a movie theatre wearing those. The boy at the popcorn counter turned to look and me, and could not stop smiling. Seeing him, I began sorta laughing too. He kept on giggling a bit till we were done. To make it worse, I walked out of there w/o picking up my soda! Even more nervous laughter.

I am search of finding the right glasses so that ppl can take me seriously.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:57 am

Sasthi wrote:for the Nth time the most annoying thing in our house is "No running in the house!", "None calls their Mom by name...call me MOM!" - this is for my dd.
"You are not a 7 year old - behave!" ...it usually comes back to me "MOM! I am not a 7 year old!!!!!?".

Mom! It is not pronounced that way....hysterical laffs.

In my case:

"turn the volume down " (of tv)
--- no change
"turn down the volume"
--- no change
"volume DOWN"
--- no change

"If *I* get up to turn down the volume, many other things are gonna get turned OFF instead". (tv, iPods, and laptops)
--- volume goes barely audible, instantly

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:00 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:ALL the Indian parents are like that'. Could not deny half the shit said there, LOL.

has your daughter never met a southern indian?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:05 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:ALL the Indian parents are like that'. Could not deny half the shit said there, LOL.

has your daughter never met a southern indian?

she does have SI friends. trust me, you have no idea how much fun these kids make of us. SI/NI/paki/hindu/muslim, doesn't matter. They see themselves as having a similar background. And you'd be surprised how less dissimilar we are when seen from their eyes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:41 am

I couldn't relate to that even a li'l bit, trace. Most of it went over the top of my head.

She seems like an angry, frustrated and verbally abusive mom.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:18 am

kinnera wrote:I couldn't relate to that even a li'l bit, trace. Most of it went over the top of my head.

hmm, so maybe it's just a punjab thing, bittu was telling me others won't find it amusing. anyway, when daughter first showed it to me, I was offended too. But seeing the video 2-3 times, found it was more funny that abusive. Maybe coz we grew up hearing some of that around us too. And we may not use same dramatic expressions, some of the interactions, specially with daughters/nieces, were similar.

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:25 am

Absolutely. These are universal mom things. My mom is not punju but I could immediately relate to many of the things that woman was parodying, death stare and all.

Kinny aunty, you may not be sufficiently self-aware. Share the vid with your son and ask if they can spot similarities.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:00 pm

this vid. was tweeted by smita prakash when i first saw it (apparently she loved it). i shut it after 1 min. could not relate. sorry. nothing to do with punjabi etc.

statutory disclaimer: i have read only the last three posts of this thread

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:03 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:
kinnera wrote:I couldn't relate to that even a li'l bit, trace. Most of it went over the top of my head.

hmm, so maybe it's just a punjab thing, bittu was telling me others won't find it amusing. anyway, when daughter first showed it to me, I was offended too. But seeing the video 2-3 times, found it was more funny that abusive. Maybe coz we grew up hearing some of that around us too. And we may not use same dramatic expressions, some of the interactions, specially with daughters/nieces, were similar.

Maybe it's a mom-daughter and not a mom-son thing? I don't know. Maybe it is. I used to take the brunt of my mom, not my brother while growing up.

Now as a mom, i can't relate to that. The cultural thing could be another thing that i can't relate to it. I don't know.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:05 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:this vid. was tweeted by smita prakash when i first saw it (apparently she loved it). i shut it after 1 min. could not relate. sorry. nothing to do with punjabi etc.

statutory disclaimer: i have read only the last three posts of this thread

see it full is all I can say. It began feeling familiar much later to me too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:06 pm

this proves that MD is female. smita prakash, tw and her daughter liked it. it also suggests that kinns is a man. way to go pravalika nanda, you rock!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:08 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:>Kinny aunty, you may not be sufficiently self-aware. Share the vid with your son and ask if they can spot similarities.

Maybe I'm not self-aware. Will surely share it with my son and see what he says, if i can get his attn for a few mins. He hardly gives me a chance to talk to him, forget having me abuse him verbally.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:09 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:see it full is all I can say. It began feeling familiar much later to me too.

i just did after the many raves i noticed in this thread. actually, it's a boring vid. excessive caricaturing. sorry! maybe i was an obedient son (and which i was). *shrug* i'll show it to my sis (she was a brat).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:13 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:see it full is all I can say. It began feeling familiar much later to me too.

i just did after the many raves i noticed in this thread. actually, it's a boring vid. excessive caricaturing. sorry!

LOL. thanks for trying to like it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:16 pm

LOL.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:17 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:this proves that MD is female. smita prakash, tw and her daughter liked it. it also suggests that kinns is a man. way to go pravalika nanda, you rock!

LOL!!

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:45 pm

I can assure you that behaviour is common to parents all over. language changes a little bit.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down