Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A party of one

3 posters

Go down

A party of one Empty A party of one

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:29 pm

Long National Review article (the only conservative source that hasn't yet lost its mind) on delusional Trump voters and why they continue to support the emperor who has no clothes:

http://www.nationalreview.com/g-file/449747/donald-trump-defenders-rationalizing-failure
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

A party of one Empty Re: A party of one

Post by Idéfix Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:48 pm

Good article. Trumptards on SuCH should read it. Or on second thoughts, carefully ignore it, because it may be too distressing to read. It is as if the author has observed these guys.

Put on your hip boots and wade into the swampier recesses of Twitter, Facebook, online comment sections, or Sean Hannity’s oeuvre and you’ll see riots of rationalization. Trump’s lying is celebrated. His petty vindictiveness is redefined as leadership. Cheating is strength.

It’s always hard to admit you were wrong about something in which you invested a lot of energy and emotion. And for some people, admitting that Mr. Only I Can Fix It really had no idea what he was talking about most of the time is too bitter a pill to swallow. It’s even harder when you were warned at the time that you were being conned.

For the member of Cult 45, Trump is a demigod and whatever he says must be right. For the anti-Trump cultist, Trump is a demon, and whatever Trump does or says must be evil and wrong. Both positions are delusional.

If you’re a cultist, the only thing that will snap you out of it is Trump himself. At some point, he will do something that will cause the worshippers — or at least most of them — to recognize he was a false god all along.

But in the meantime, horrible damage is being done, because the rationalizations and tribalism are being institutionalized. Clicks-from-cultists media outlets strive to justify and rationalize every failure as a success and every setback as part of the master plan.

That is moral rot on an institutional scale and the people aiding and abetting it should be ashamed of themselves. The party needs to support the president, to be sure. But it must support other things — decency, principles, truth — even more. When it ceases to do that, it ceases to be the Grand Old Party and becomes a Venal New Party.

I am not holding my breath for HellsAngel, silvermani, etc. to be ashamed of themselves for aiding and abetting this president. I don't think they will support decency, principles and truth more than they support Trump.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by silvermani Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:57 pm

Smugtards projecting their own sheeple like qualities to others. Nothing new to see here, move along.
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:16 pm

silvermani wrote:Smugtards projecting their own sheeple like qualities to others. Nothing new to see here, move along.

The NR is a longstanding conservative redoubt.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:59 pm

silvermani wrote:Smugtards projecting their own sheeple like qualities to others. Nothing new to see here, move along.
Thank you for confirming my guess.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:34 pm

And this excerpt:

There is a riddle before us. Back in that simpler time, i.e., the GOP primaries, many people assured me that conservatives could trust Donald Trump because Senator Jeff Sessions trusted him. With varying degrees of rage, snark, and dudgeon (which I think is the official law firm of Hogwarts), these people would say to me: “Do you think Jeff Sessions isn’t a real conservative?” On at least one occasion, I recall a finger being poked in my chest to fortify the point in ways reason could not. My response isn’t really relevant (but it was something along the lines of “Sure, but even conservatives make mistakes”). What I find fascinating, however, is how the transitive property now runs the other way. A year ago, I was supposed to trust Trump because Sessions trusted Trump. Now, I’m supposed to distrust Sessions because Trump distrusts Sessions. Okay, then.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/g-file/449747/donald-trump-defenders-rationalizing-failure
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down