Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Semi-educated, semi-literate Kannadiga language fanatics, who earlier targetted Tamilians, now want Hindi signs to be replaced by Urdu signs

Go down

Semi-educated, semi-literate Kannadiga language fanatics, who earlier targetted Tamilians, now want Hindi signs to be replaced by Urdu signs Empty Semi-educated, semi-literate Kannadiga language fanatics, who earlier targetted Tamilians, now want Hindi signs to be replaced by Urdu signs

Post by Guest Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:37 am

Bangalore, July 20: Activists from a prominent pro-Kannada organisation have intensified their ongoing agitation against the alleged imposition of Hindi by blackening Hindi signboards outside Metro stations in the city...

the activists of the Kannada Rakshana Vedike (KRV) swooped down on the stations late last night and in the wee hours today to blacken the boards. However, they couldn't access the boards inside the stations as these were yet to open for services...

Veteran pro-Kannada leader Vatal Nagaraj urged the Centre and the state government to understand the aspirations of local people. "I fully endorse the protesters whose only goal is to ensure equal status for Kannada."

Senior KRV leader Dinesh Kumar clarified his group was not against Hindi as such. "We have no issues with Hindi or Hindi-speaking people. The only issue is the manner in which the Centre, especially the NDA government, has been pushing Hindi down our throats."

"The central government has been imposing its one-nation, one-language, one-flag, one-dress code, one-food ideology. We will not tolerate this as their idea is against the very ethos of our great nation and its celebrated diversity," Kumar added.

According to Kumar, "if there has to be a third language on these signboards, it must be Urdu, which is spoken by 14 per cent of people in this state, or Tamil, Marathi, Telugu or Malayalam".

https://www.telegraphindia.com/1170721/jsp/nation/story_163091.jsp

----
someone should tell this fool about dakhini, and the fact that all those who speak urdu are quite familiar with hindi (devanagari) script.

I actually blame the chaddis for this development--shoving hindi down the throat of everyone is not going to work.

Incidentally, i wonder whether people like Ponniyin Selvan and Max are familiar with the fact that the Kannadiga organization which is spearheading the current anti-hindi protest (Kannada Rakshana Vedike) has a history of making violent attacks on Tamilians in Karnataka. (check out on google if u don't believe me.) By supporting this organization these people are endangering the lives and livelihoods of  Tamilians living in Karnataka.

Back to top Go down