Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mughal 'descendant' Prince Yakub, who lives in Hyderabad, stakes claim to Babri Masjid site

Go down

Mughal 'descendant' Prince Yakub, who lives in Hyderabad, stakes claim to Babri Masjid site Empty Mughal 'descendant' Prince Yakub, who lives in Hyderabad, stakes claim to Babri Masjid site

Post by Guest Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:44 am

LUCKNOW: A sixth generation selfclaimed descendant of the last Mughal emperor, Bahadur Shah Zafar, has staked claim over the Babri Masjid site in Ayodhya. Prince Yakub Habeebuddin Tucy (42), who lives in Hyderabad, calls himself the DNA-proven descendant of the Mughal emperor.

Addressing a news conference on Tuesday, Tucy said he has sent an application to UP Sunni Central Waqf Board, seeking mutawwali-ship (caretaker) of the site. Yakub said he has asked the Sunni waqf board to respond by November 15, and that he will approach the Supreme Court if he doesn't get a reply. "This is not the first time I am staking claim of mutawwaliship to my ancestors' property. A civil court in Hyderabad also acknowledged my lineage and the Waqf board should adhere to my application," he said.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/lucknow/mughal-descendant-stakes-claim-to-babri-masjid-site/articleshow/61377504.cms

Back to top Go down