Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Romney leading Gingrich in Florida

+2
Impedimenta
truthbetold
6 posters

Go down

Romney leading Gingrich in Florida Empty Romney leading Gingrich in Florida

Post by truthbetold Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:34 am

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/01/27/poll-romney-opens-up-lead-in-florida/?hpt=hp_bn3

Romney already seem to have bagged a good percentage of early votes. Latest polls are showing him in the lead in Florida. A loss in Florida may not kill Gingrich but it will reenergizes Romney Campaign. A path to delegate lead will emerge making Gingrich's fight difficult.

trent lott and Robert Dole, past senate leaders who have worked with gingrich have very unkind things to say about him. Lott said Gingrich is bright but difficult to work with and Dole hoped that Gingrich will not win the nomination.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Romney leading Gingrich in Florida Empty Re: Romney leading Gingrich in Florida

Post by Impedimenta Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:46 pm

he will prolly win florida. i liked the way frum describes romney and his politics. let me see if i can find it online

in the meantime,

ginrich is just plain difficult to work with and will make a bad candidate.

http://nymag.com/news/politics/powergrid/newt-gingrich-2012-2/

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:51 pm

But, Gingrich will be more fun in the run up to the election.

We need fun....

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:54 pm

ron paul is there upps. he is fun! u know when he was asked by blitzer whether he would release his medical records, he smiled and said "why not, it is just one page" :-)

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:52 pm

It is difficult to think of romney and fun in the same sentence. Only time you see him laughing is when crushes the opposition.

Right charges Romney that he changes his positions like he changes shirts everyday (or 3 or 4 times a day). Left charges him that he panders to the right wing and lacks moral courage. let us hope Stewart and colbert can come up with some funny stuff around Romney's waffling/grovelling.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:01 pm

truthbetold wrote:It is difficult to think of romney and fun in the same sentence. ....

Smile As has become usual, it is about whom we think is the lesser of the evils.Smile
Gingrich reminds me of a powder keg ready go off anytime. Doonesbury used to draw him as a bomb with the fuse lit, if I remember correctly.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:06 pm

why is romney singled out? ginrich has changed positions on issues as much or even more than romney. and in addition, gingrich has the reputation of being a un reasonable and difficult person to work with.

jon hunstman is probably the only candidate who has been pretty consistent.

FLip flopping on issues has become more of a need to play politics than anything else. on one hand, he has to cater to what is left of the GOP spirit[a very confused definition] and on the other, he has to live up to the expectation of being "electable" against the incumbent. i think romney is doing what anyone would have done in his position.

given what is required for the US to turn around its economy, romney would be the ONLY logical candidate to run against obama. his work speaks for itself. Also, if a moderate like romney has any chance to be elected, it is now and not anytime else.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:08 pm

As uppili suggests Gingrich is fun. He makes outlandish comments and gives extensive explanations to justify those comments. He may use code words but he personifies the prejudices of the right wing of republican party. So he provides lot of fodder to late night comics.

A Romney/Gingrich ticket could be fun too.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:14 pm

Impy,

If Romney has the right to change his opinion at the drop of his hat, his critics have a right to point that fact. Voters perception seems to be that Romney changes his positions to suit the electorate of the day (ex: abortion opinion while running for Mass Gov vs today). Voters do distinguish between shifts in opinion as a person grows vs sudden conversions to hoodwink people. Romney's changes did not convince a lot of repub as genuine.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:47 pm

Impedimenta wrote:

ome more of a need to play politics than anything else. on one hand, he has to cater to what is left of the GOP spirit[a very confused definition] and on the other, he has to live up to the expectation of being "electable" against the incumbent. i think romney is doing what anyone would have done in his position.

given what is required for the US to turn around its economy, romney would be the ONLY logical candidate to run against obama. his work speaks for itself. Also, if a moderate like romney has any chance to be elected, it is now and not anytime else.

>>>Agree with all of the above. The problem is politics is a mishmash of social and economic issues. The latter really is what is substantially more at stake now. Romney is just playing the game. The rest of the guys on the GOP team are nonstarters in terms of electability.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:47 pm

gingrich will be absolutely toxic to the united states. while i think he is easier to beat for sure, i can think of nightmare scenarios with the economy going through a double dip recession and obama doing poorly in a couple of debates. there are so many clueless folks around that that may be enough to make the possibility of a gingrich presidency a reality. in my more serious moments, i hope romney wins the nomination. even if we have a tough fight in november, we'll have two acceptable outcomes.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:59 pm

Except for his rigid stance against abortion and immigration Romney would make a far greater President than Obama ,turn around the economy and bring prosperity to the US so it will be on top of the world once more

unfortunately he is alienating the Hispanics and the women who do not want the government to tell them what to do

Don't forget Ron Paul He could turn out to be another Ross Perot , form his Independent party and siphon away at least a quarter of the Republican vote
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:47 pm

What makes you think that Romney can turn around the economy and bring prosperity to the US? Which of his policies are better than Obama's?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down