Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hyderabad Metro

4 posters

Go down

Hyderabad Metro Empty Hyderabad Metro

Post by Idéfix Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:25 pm

Major landmark with the first section finally being opened to the public. News reports say 200,000 people rode the system on day 1, surpassing all expectations. It is the longest stretch opened in the first stage in India, and here is Ameerpet station, the largest metro station in the country where two lines meet. Hyderabad now has the third longest metro system in India after Delhi and Bengaluru.

Hyderabad Metro 38571466521_30c17b16a4_o

I hope the rest of the current phase is put into service next year. I can't wait to try to ride it on my next trip home!
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Hyderabad Metro Empty Re: Hyderabad Metro

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:07 pm

hope this reduces the congestion somewhat. I was in india 3 days ago and it was fucking unbearable to sit in traffic, took 1 hr 20 mins to go from jntu to rd#12 at 10am.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:24 pm

Well, we'll be there in a couple of weeks.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:51 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:hope this reduces the congestion somewhat. I was in india 3 days ago and it was fucking unbearable to sit in traffic, took 1 hr 20 mins to go from jntu to rd#12 at 10am.

Congestion won't be reduced. The current metro efforts in Indian metro cities are not enough to reduce existing congestion. They can only help a little to prevent the congestion from getting way worse. The metro network needs to become far more extensive before it will put a dent in the current traffic.

But I can say this - for anyone wanting to travel from one point to another along the metro line, the reduction in travel time will be a mind-blowing experience.

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down