Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manjay solves a mystery on the metro

2 posters

Go down

Manjay solves a mystery on the metro Empty Manjay solves a mystery on the metro

Post by MulaiAzhagi Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:58 pm

Manjay took the Metro train to work. He used to board the Orange line at New Carrollton and switch to Red line at the Metro Center. Unlike the other passengers who read the newspaper or the Bible, Manjay observed everything around him whether on the station or in the train itself. He looked for small details which caught his attention. It could be the way someone behaved or their apperance. He was a fan of Columbo, the hero of the eponymous TV detective show. At one point in his life, Manjay wanted to join the LAPD and solve murder mysteries. In a way, he looked and dressed shabbily like his hero himself.

One day, while travelling on the Orange Line, Manjay was sitting next to a woman. She was lean and looked like she was in her thirties. He noticed something about her hair. There was a flower on it. "Something not right," he told himself. But he could not figure out what exactly it was. He had to find out what it was before the train pulled in at the Metro Center, the transfer point. He thought deeply about the problem. The answer stared at his face. But he had to confirn his finding. Metro Center was only two stops away. If he did not ask, he would never know whether he got it right.

Without looking at her directly, he asked in a quiet voice "is that a wig?"

"You know you are not supposed to ask these questions," she answered in a quiet manner herself.

But Manjay always had an answer for these kind of situations. "I am sorry. I am new to the American culture. I did not know I should not these kinds of questions."

His stop came.

He was ready to start the day with the pride of having solved a great mystery.

MulaiAzhagi

Back to top Go down

Manjay solves a mystery on the metro Empty Re: Manjay solves a mystery on the metro

Post by Merlot Daruwala Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:57 pm

Bwahahaha....next episode: Is that a falsie?
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down