Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sachin should have retired in 2011: Imran Khan

4 posters

Go down

sachin should have retired in 2011: Imran Khan Empty sachin should have retired in 2011: Imran Khan

Post by Guest Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:25 pm

In an interview with Rajdeep Sardesai former great Imran Khan says that sachin should have retired after 2011 world cup.

http://ibnlive.in.com/videos/225649/tendulkar-should-have-retired-after-world-cup-imran.html

Back to top Go down

sachin should have retired in 2011: Imran Khan Empty Re: sachin should have retired in 2011: Imran Khan

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:34 pm

that would have beenn a smart move - moola wise. He could have easily won ad contracts, book contracts, Bharat Ratna, and TV contracts, and BCCI presidency.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

sachin should have retired in 2011: Imran Khan Empty Re: sachin should have retired in 2011: Imran Khan

Post by Guest Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:41 pm

Another thing from that interview:

'you've lost eight straight test matches now--four in australia, four in england. I can tell you losing eight test matches in a row is some sort of achievement. I would have given up cricket if i was a part of such a team. And its not like they lost eight matches on the trot to a west indies team of the 80s. '

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:40 pm

Imran was never in Sachin's class. He had his heyday which was short lived he was never the batsman that Sachin is

agreed that he was the most flamboyant cricketer of his time .

nor does Sachin have a stinking rich Jewish wife to fall back upon

Remember Imran is a Pakistani cricketer . He will do everything to discredit an Iindian cricketer .

A one time has been badmouthing an Indian great whom even Don Bradman praised to the hilt
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:53 am

chameli wrote:Imran was never in Sachin's class. He had his heyday which was short lived he was never the batsman that Sachin is

Remember Imran is a Pakistani cricketer . He will do everything to discredit an Iindian cricketer .

A one time has been badmouthing an Indian great whom even Don Bradman praised to the hilt

Sachin is a good, very good, great batsman...that is it. He is hyped beyond reality in India.

He should have been dropped in 2005, 2006, instead of giving him a 10-mile long lifeline.

EoD.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:42 am

chameli wrote:Imran was never in Sachin's class. He had his heyday which was short lived he was never the batsman that Sachin is

>>> I don't necessarily care for Khan's politics, but his comments in this interview don't seem to be out of line. When you have a string of losses, some serious soul searching may well be in order. He also talks about his own experience and the difficulties of giving up a sport to which you have devoted your whole life. So, he doesn't seem to be unsympathetic to what some of these guys may be wrestling with. At the same time, he is looking at it practically when he talks about whether there are replacements who can take their place. Overall, he makes sense.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by The Absolute Zero Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:00 am

Yuppie. Guru Gregg when taking up the Indian Coach job said "Sachin is past his prime." He left and Sachin got the first 200 of ODIs. He even scored with renewed vigor after GG left.

What does Imran Khan know about Indian Cricket?

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:12 am

Sachin has been playing since he was 18 even younger. he has no grand daddy to use as influence .If the authorities the BCCI believe in his genius and continue to use him ,does that not speak of his expertise ?

a real humble chap of humble beginnings

If I didn't suspect that a few of you are prejudiced and sulking because VVS Laxman isn't in the news i wouldn't have entered this discussion
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by The Absolute Zero Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:42 am

Rashmun wrote:Another thing from that interview:

'you've lost eight straight test matches now--four in australia, four in england. I can tell you losing eight test matches in a row is some sort of achievement. I would have given up cricket if i was a part of such a team. And its not like they lost eight matches on the trot to a west indies team of the 80s. '

Yeah right. If I have a Zaheer Abbas, Jave Miandad, One Akram, One that chap and one Abdul Qadir I can captain and win and quit too. Why do I care? He studies in Oxford, plays in Eng, comes to Pakistan, plays with stars, does not know much about Indian cricket and opens his mouth and tells about Indian Cricket!

Frankly $kar did better than most in the series. Sehwag, Dhobi, Laxman, Gambir and Dravid failed miserably. If half the team goes to hell no Captain can do anything. Did not $kar get a few 50+ scores? He attacked too but was weighed down by his 100th's. I guess after he gets his 100th, he will flow free again. It is just a matter of time. IMO not world cup 2015 but, he has an year or two cricket left.

It is Dhobi that needs to quit. And it is Sehwag who needs to be kicked out (not dropped) in ALL FORMS of game. He is arrogant and unfit. Scoring one 50+ in every 4 tests is not what Indian cricket needs right now as an opener. We need someone to kill the shine on ball in the first 20 - 40 overs and score a 25+.

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:39 pm

The Absolute Zero wrote:
Rashmun wrote:Another thing from that interview:

Yeah right. If I have a Zaheer Abbas, Jave Miandad, One Akram, One that chap and one Abdul Qadir I can captain and win and quit too. Why do I care? He studies in Oxford, plays in Eng, comes to Pakistan, plays with stars, does not know much about Indian cricket and opens his mouth and tells about Indian Cricket!

Frankly $kar did better than most in the series. Sehwag, Dhobi, Laxman, Gambir and Dravid failed miserably. If half the team goes to hell no Captain can do anything. Did not $kar get a few 50+ scores? He attacked too but was weighed down by his 100th's. I guess after he gets his 100th, he will flow free again. It is just a matter of time. IMO not world cup 2015 but, he has an year or two cricket left.

It is Dhobi that needs to quit. And it is Sehwag who needs to be kicked out (not dropped) in ALL FORMS of game. He is arrogant and unfit. Scoring one 50+ in every 4 tests is not what Indian cricket needs right now as an opener. We need someone to kill the shine on ball in the first 20 - 40 overs and score a 25+.

Just like SA, Eng, and Aussies use India to get back into form, India DESPERATELY needs a foreign tour NOW

To ZImbabwe AND Bangladesh. TenDucker will score 3 centuries and Dravid also will score 2 centuries and so will FT Bully and others.

We will be #1 again...baaby.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down