Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When she's on- a Super Madonna

3 posters

Go down

When she's on- a Super Madonna Empty When she's on- a Super Madonna

Post by Maria S Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:29 am

A pre- Super Bowl tribute to the Super versatile- Material Girl. Watched her with Jay Leno last night. When she is real and shows off her ordinary person sides- she is even more appealing!

I am sure her Half-time Show during the SuperBowl is going to make people want to watch..no matter what she does- good, bad and all!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

When she's on- a Super Madonna Empty Re: When she's on- a Super Madonna

Post by chameli Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:15 am

maria ,

she sure is a superstar .and that is why has outlasted many entertainers .

one of a kind Smile
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:53 am

Chameli,

She certainly is one of a kind! Thanks.

Last night she spoke about the movie she has directed and I think will be released soon "W.E"..which is based in part on the real love story of King Edward VIII and Ms. Wallis Simpon - you may be familiar with..She said as many are -intrigued by their story and the question-"what can make a man give up his kingdom for a woman?"..think we will never fully understand any love story- esp. this one! Mrs. Simpson -a twice divorced American woman's is said to have cast a spell on him!

*In tamil I read a serial story "கோமகனின் காதலி"-"Komaganin Kadhali" (based on their story..many years ago and it was quite good.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/W.E_(film)
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:57 am

*The reviews are not good..but, I may try to watch it.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:34 am

maria,

Edward VIII was a sissy

perhaps he could never have run the empire ,not that there haven't been nincompoops on the throne before

i heard she treated him shabbily too

as u said.. this love ..its a strange thing
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:51 am

Chameli,

It was certainly a more bizarre relationship..he was certainly seen as a weak person- immature..who was terribly attracted to a rude and cold woman who was mean to him- not to mention her many rumored affairs including..Chinese sexual experiments.

Speaking of which, although I do admire Madonna and her talents.. the once - extreme promiscuity (extreme is a weak word!) and her sexual experimentation was not..well, healthy at all on many levels.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:54 am

dunno what songs you posted now, but saw in the morning one of them was that material girls song, totally dsigned after the original diamonds song from Marlyn Monroe. Had always loved the original. Watched the movie recently on Netflix.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:58 am

I've heard that Tracy.

Have not seen the movie, think it was.. "Gentlemen prefer blondes?".
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:59 am

Maria S wrote:I've heard that Tracy.

Have not seen the movie, think it was "Gentleman prefer blondes?".

yes, that's the one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:12 am

And I thought Indian and US fans are fanatics!

http://www.haaretz.com/culture/arts-leisure/israeli-fans-beg-pm-to-hold-off-iran-attack-over-madonna-show-1.412014

*Funny how in a time of age prejudice and "Ageism" it's the old and oldest people who create the most buzz.

Great to see still Super Hunk 81-yr old Man (Clint Eastwood) ..grab all the headlines with his "Half time in America" commercial!

http://www.alternativeright.com/main/blogs/zeitgeist/half-time-in-america/
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:50 am

super hunk? client eastwood? really? i must be blind then! he is a very good director. also, what is the hype about madonna? she is talentless when it comes to singing. and the half time show was boring.

they should have pink floyd [are they reuniting for the london olympics?]or red hot chilli peppers where the singers and musicians rock! this woman seemed lifeless, almost.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:33 pm

What can I say- taste and likeability is so individual..what excites one person..may not do a thing for someone else!

So, Yes- very really!

*I do like the "Strong and Silent" types of Men..Gentlemen:) Clint falls under that type, and also like him as an actor..he is not a "great actor"..but there is something about him..can't see anyone else play the roles he has..not only all the Cowboy movies..but movies like "Play Misty for me" or one of the greatest sinners-love story movies of all time.."Bridges of Madison County"..don't think "Robert" could have been portrayed so well by anyone else (all imo).

Madonna..said enough about why I think she is - what she is in my eyes.

Having said that..in 2012..let's face it Madonna and Clint were not selected by me ..to be featured in the most "money-generating" show and commericals..the "Big and Smart Corporations"..don't just do anything without polling/data/profits.

They could have easily picked anyone..betting that they both have the "IT" factor..which will attract people..a lot of people like me who like to watch them..and they will both will always have that power of attraction- they have "earned" it- through their hardwork..creativity and even "Gravitas"..as I see it.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:41 pm

Am so done with strong and silent type of men. Need ones who can talk. Realized after all these years that that's what I had always liked, men who can talk. All the way from 'how's your day going', to, 'hey listen you will find this interesting', to, 'that's how I feel about it', to 'so and so should become the president', kinda talks. And listen, yeah. Listen too. And remember it. Not every little thing that comes out of my mouth, but things that matter. Things that even I didn't know I felt.

To hell with strong and silent types. You never know if they are silent, or clueless. If they don't have a theory on anything, means, they are unpredictable. They will act based on a situation, not a principle. To hell with them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:06 pm

I think it's heavenly:)

Seriously, everyone is entitled to their types.

Pleasantaries are important, small talk has it's place in conversation. Both men and women (to me)..don't have unload all their thoughts, wants and wishes all the time. It's okay with me..if people can keep their thoughts and feelings to themselves.

*People who talk about "everything, all the time" certainly can't be trusted too..imo, they can be just as dangerous.Sometimes, less is more. I would rather see a Clint Eastwood utter a few words..than go on and on like a TV pundit and commentator, who can't shut up!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:09 pm

you are talking about aquantainces. I'm talking about close relationship.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:21 pm

I certainly was..

Oh, close relationships are quite different.

Obviously, it is important for people to find ways to communicate their needs to people they are close to, and hopefully they are met in some way.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down