Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Never has a party fled its beliefs as quickly

2 posters

Go down

Never has a party fled its beliefs as quickly Empty Never has a party fled its beliefs as quickly

Post by Idéfix Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:15 am

Republicans used to say they believe in free trade. Now they don't.
Republicans used to say they believe in family values. Now they don't.
Republicans used to say they believe in fiscal responsibility. Now they don't.

Jeff Flake, the retiring Republican senator, has the freedom now to state the obvious.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?442536-1/senator-flake-calls-conservative-challenge-president-trump-2020&start=1242

"Never has a party abandoned, fled its principles and deeply held beliefs so quickly as my party did in the face of the nativist juggernaut... If we are going to cloister ourselves in the alternative truth of an erratic leader, if we are going to refuse to live in a world that everyone else lives in... then my party might not deserve to lead."
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Never has a party fled its beliefs as quickly Empty Re: Never has a party fled its beliefs as quickly

Post by southindian Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:29 am

Idéfix wrote:Republicans used to say they believe in free trade. Now they don't.
Republicans used to say they believe in family values. Now they don't.
Republicans used to say they believe in fiscal responsibility. Now they don't.

Jeff Flake, the retiring Republican senator, has the freedom now to state the obvious.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?442536-1/senator-flake-calls-conservative-challenge-president-trump-2020&start=1242

"Never has a party abandoned, fled its principles and deeply held beliefs so quickly as my party did in the face of the nativist juggernaut... If we are going to cloister ourselves in the alternative truth of an erratic leader, if we are going to refuse to live in a world that everyone else lives in... then my party might not deserve to lead."

Debt is NOT A PROBLEM. Pussy-grabber Trump has said US can print money.

One trillion dollars will take a few weeks to print, but then US will be debt free. Smile

Yay!!!
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down