Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DMK leader Stalin supports independent Dravida Nadu

3 posters

Go down

DMK leader Stalin supports independent Dravida Nadu Empty DMK leader Stalin supports independent Dravida Nadu

Post by Kayalvizhi Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:11 pm

DMK working president, and son of former Tamil Nadu CM Karunanidhi,  M. K. Stalin on Friday said he would welcome it if a situation arose for the southern States to come together and make a demand for ‘Dravida Nadu’.
http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/tamil-nadu/stalin-for-dravida-nadu/article23275669.ece

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

DMK leader Stalin supports independent Dravida Nadu Empty Re: DMK leader Stalin supports independent Dravida Nadu

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:44 am

I think, Dravidian-Aryan type argument is unnecessary. The South can unite under different causes. They can invoke Agatsya, Bhaskara, Aryabhatta, Apasthamba, the land South of Vindhyas, language, progressive/modern outlook, etc. In fact, they can claim to be followers of pure Aryan culture (and complain that NI culture and traditions are influenced by Persian/Moghul ways).....

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

DMK leader Stalin supports independent Dravida Nadu Empty Re: DMK leader Stalin supports independent Dravida Nadu

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:48 am

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:I think, Dravidian-Aryan type argument is unnecessary. The South can unite under different causes. They can invoke Agatsya, Bhaskara, Aryabhatta, Apasthamba, the land South of Vindhyas, language, progressive/modern outlook, etc. In fact, they can claim to be followers of pure Aryan culture (and complain that NI culture and traditions are influenced by Persian/Moghul ways).....

The point is that Kannadigas and Telugus are finally realizing the central government always had hidden designs on southern states, and their never below the surface desire to push Hindi aggressively. This is something Tamilians realized a long time ago for which we were derided as trouble makers. It's good you guys are coming around to the same realization, even if it is after paying the price for not being awake, and allowing the central government to split your state up.

Also why the disdain for Persian? It is a language closely related to Sanskrit. Same roots.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:34 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:I think, Dravidian-Aryan type argument is unnecessary. The South can unite under different causes. They can invoke Agatsya, Bhaskara, Aryabhatta, Apasthamba, the land South of Vindhyas, language, progressive/modern outlook, etc. In fact, they can claim to be followers of pure Aryan culture (and complain that NI culture and traditions are influenced by Persian/Moghul ways).....

The point is that Kannadigas and Telugus are finally realizing the central government always had hidden designs on southern states, and their never below the surface desire to push Hindi aggressively. This is something Tamilians realized a long time ago for which we were derided as trouble makers. It's good you guys are coming around to the same realization, even if it is after paying the price for not being awake, and allowing the central government to split your state up.

Also why the disdain for Persian? It is a language closely related to Sanskrit. Same roots.
Persian - I was referring to their Islamic ways. In the South also there were Persian influences - in Deccan plateau, for example.

I was only suggesting that the Aryan/Dravidian story of DKheads is based on fiction (and, as you know, I have no respect for EVR).

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:36 am

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

Persian - I was referring to their Islamic ways. In the South also there were Persian influences - in Deccan plateau, for example.

I was only suggesting that the Aryan/Dravidian story of DKheads is based on fiction (and, as you know, I have no respect for EVR).

Neither do I. He called Tamil "kAttumirAndi bashai" (a language of savages). The Persians I know are cultured and highly educated people. I think they get a bad rap for what the Mullahs do.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down