Trade wars and Trumptards

Go down

Trade wars and Trumptards

Post by MaxEntropy_Man on Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:20 pm

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/money/agriculture/2018/04/02/escalating-trade-war-hits-two-key-parts-iowas-economy-farming-and-manufacturingmakes-bad-situation/478489002/

Couldn't have happened to a nicer group of people.  These people are straight up Trumptards, not the furtive sideways kind.


Last edited by MaxEntropy_Man on Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
MaxEntropy_Man

Posts : 14688
Join date : 2011-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trade wars and Trumptards

Post by Hellsangel on Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:22 pm

Ward? scratch
avatar
Hellsangel

Posts : 14721
Join date : 2011-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trade wars and Trumptards

Post by MaxEntropy_Man on Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:24 pm

Hellsangel wrote:Ward? scratch

Thanks for the correction, sideways.
avatar
MaxEntropy_Man

Posts : 14688
Join date : 2011-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trade wars and Trumptards

Post by Hellsangel on Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:30 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:Ward? scratch

Thanks for the correction, sideways.
Bwahaha! Is that how you were screwed from your Madam President,  Il Professore?
avatar
Hellsangel

Posts : 14721
Join date : 2011-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trade wars and Trumptards

Post by Idéfix on Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:15 pm

Hahaha, Trumptards now want to be Spelling Nazis. When all else fails, point out a typo!

On topic: this is just the beginning. The Chinese dictator has smart, competent people around him who can make these tariffs hurt in just the right places. Our own Wannabe Dick-Tater has nearly no idea what he is doing, and his own advisers have quit on him over this very issue. Ironically, Congress delegated the power to impose tariffs to the president after the Great Depression because Congress had gotten carried away bowing to political interests in imposing a slew of tariffs that started a trade war in 1929. Now our predisent is putting politics above the basics of economics. Time for Congress to take this power back.
avatar
Idéfix

Posts : 8808
Join date : 2012-04-26
Location : Berkeley, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trade wars and Trumptards

Post by Hellsangel on Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:18 pm

Idéfix wrote:Hahaha, Trumptards now want to be Spelling Nazis. When all else fails, point out a typo!

On topic: this is just the beginning. The Chinese dictator has smart, competent people around him who can make these tariffs hurt in just the right places. Our own Wannabe Dick-Tater has nearly no idea what he is doing, and his own advisers have quit on him over this very issue. Ironically, Congress delegated the power to impose tariffs to the president after the Great Depression because Congress had gotten carried away bowing to political interests in imposing a slew of tariffs that started a trade war in 1929. Now our predisent is putting politics above the basics of economics. Time for Congress to take this power back.
So cute! Watching the dominant circle-jerk brother protecting the submissive brother.
avatar
Hellsangel

Posts : 14721
Join date : 2011-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trade wars and Trumptards

Post by Idéfix on Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:15 pm

Here is a great episode of one of my favorite podcasts:

https://www.npr.org/sections/money/2018/03/30/598365735/episode-833-worst-tariffs-ever

It describes the Smoot-Hawley tariffs that helped tank the world economy 90 years ago.
avatar
Idéfix

Posts : 8808
Join date : 2012-04-26
Location : Berkeley, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trade wars and Trumptards

Post by Idéfix on Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:16 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
Idéfix wrote:Hahaha, Trumptards now want to be Spelling Nazis. When all else fails, point out a typo!

On topic: this is just the beginning. The Chinese dictator has smart, competent people around him who can make these tariffs hurt in just the right places. Our own Wannabe Dick-Tater has nearly no idea what he is doing, and his own advisers have quit on him over this very issue. Ironically, Congress delegated the power to impose tariffs to the president after the Great Depression because Congress had gotten carried away bowing to political interests in imposing a slew of tariffs that started a trade war in 1929. Now our predisent is putting politics above the basics of economics. Time for Congress to take this power back.
So cute! Watching the dominant circle-jerk brother protecting the submissive brother.
If you have nothing of substance to say about the topic being discussed, consider saying nothing.

Or let's try this. Hellsangel, what is your view on the tariffs imposed by Trump?
avatar
Idéfix

Posts : 8808
Join date : 2012-04-26
Location : Berkeley, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trade wars and Trumptards

Post by TruthSeeker on Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:58 pm

Hmm. 

Copy and paste any link on Trump these days, and watch the fun.

Those are my thoughts.

TruthSeeker

Posts : 1446
Join date : 2012-08-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trade wars and Trumptards

Post by confuzzled dude on Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:50 am

More tarrifs on China and counter tariffs by China.  Cold war of tariffs or another diversion tactic by Trump?

confuzzled dude

Posts : 10113
Join date : 2011-05-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trade wars and Trumptards

Post by southindian on Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:13 am

Hellsangel wrote:
Idéfix wrote:Hahaha, Trumptards now want to be Spelling Nazis. When all else fails, point out a typo!

On topic: this is just the beginning. The Chinese dictator has smart, competent people around him who can make these tariffs hurt in just the right places. Our own Wannabe Dick-Tater has nearly no idea what he is doing, and his own advisers have quit on him over this very issue. Ironically, Congress delegated the power to impose tariffs to the president after the Great Depression because Congress had gotten carried away bowing to political interests in imposing a slew of tariffs that started a trade war in 1929. Now our predisent is putting politics above the basics of economics. Time for Congress to take this power back.
So cute! Watching the dominant circle-jerk brother protecting the submissive brother.
Hmmm.... 12 words in your post.

Interesting to note that you are not even making attempts anymore to protect the asshole in the White-House and your support is becoming less and less since December 2016. You are not even speaking for Trump anymore, but attacking people who speak against Trump. Or you are just squeaking a bit about Hillary. Smile

If you have the balls then speak openly for the White House Pussy-Grabber and defend him to show your support. This throwing a stone and run is becoming  a bit boring.
avatar
southindian

Posts : 4516
Join date : 2012-10-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trade wars and Trumptards

Post by Idéfix on Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:19 am

confuzzled dude wrote:More tarrifs on China and counter tariffs by China.  Cold war of tariffs or another diversion tactic by Trump?
A bit of both, I am afraid. He wants to look strong to his base after signing a budget that they don't like. He tried the trick of complaining about the deal before he went ahead and signed it. His hope was that the base would do what they have done so far: listen only to what they like (his complaint) and ignore what they don't like (his signing it). This time, that trick failed. So he needed to stop their critiques of him. Trade and immigration are the two red meat topics for his base. So he started a trade war and became tough on immigration yet again.
avatar
Idéfix

Posts : 8808
Join date : 2012-04-26
Location : Berkeley, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trade wars and Trumptards

Post by confuzzled dude on Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:52 pm

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-to-sign-proclamation-to-send-national-guard-troops-to-the-us-mexico-border/2018/04/04/9f9cd796-3838-11e8-acd5-35eac230e514_story.html?utm_term=.5fdaef704725


ri eddy
2 hours ago
I can't decide which will be the bigger waste of money, building a useless wall or sending troops to the border to stand around with border patrol wondering what they are supposed to be doing. We live 15 miles from the border. It is already saturated with border patrol agents. Drive by the Tucson headquarters and you will see several hundred vehicles parked, doing nothing. Drive through one of the many infuriating roadblocks which I have to do if I want to drive two miles north, and you will see at least a dozen agents lounging in tents doing nothing at any point in time. We have a beautiful house in a lovely setting, but sometimes I feel like we are in a war zone. We used to have migrants going through the back yard regularly, but since the 2008 crash we see no one, but more border patrol agents every year. The military will be a dangerous waste of money.



oxioxi40

2 hours ago
At a rather large cost, Trump says he wants to hire another 5 to 10,000 border guards to patrol the border. Net migration north across the border peaked in 2002 and has been declining ever since and we are now at numbers last seen in the late 60s. The number of Mexican migrants apprehended at U.S. borders in fiscal 2015 dropped to the lowest levels in nearly 50 years, according to U.S. Border Patrol data.

Recently I spent three weeks deer hunting on a deer lease near Laredo Texas. A known crossing point for trophy deer rather remote. One of the deer lease members happens to be a CBP border guard pulling in north of 50 grand a year. He says it is the cushiest job he ever had, spends most of his days "glassing deer" as crossings of illegals virtually nill. Funny part of it is that the border guards have what they refer to as "deer crossing pools" daily. Each day, a pool is formed and the person who "documents" the most deer crossing north into the US get to win the pool. Documentation is done with the high tech cameras attached to their "other" equipment. Now I can't speak for the veracity of this, but that is what was told to me.

confuzzled dude

Posts : 10113
Join date : 2011-05-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trade wars and Trumptards

Post by confuzzled dude on Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:08 pm

Idéfix wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:More tarrifs on China and counter tariffs by China.  Cold war of tariffs or another diversion tactic by Trump?
A bit of both, I am afraid. He wants to look strong to his base after signing a budget that they don't like. He tried the trick of complaining about the deal before he went ahead and signed it. His hope was that the base would do what they have done so far: listen only to what they like (his complaint) and ignore what they don't like (his signing it). This time, that trick failed. So he needed to stop their critiques of him. Trade and immigration are the two red meat topics for his base. So he started a trade war and became tough on immigration yet again.
With each passing day, it appears that even the moderate republicans are drawn towards Trump, I guess (in their mind) to safeguard whites' future in this country.

confuzzled dude

Posts : 10113
Join date : 2011-05-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trade wars and Trumptards

Post by Idéfix on Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:06 pm

avatar
Idéfix

Posts : 8808
Join date : 2012-04-26
Location : Berkeley, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Trade wars and Trumptards

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum