Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yuvraj tumor was cancerous

5 posters

Go down

Yuvraj tumor was cancerous Empty Yuvraj tumor was cancerous

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:21 pm

He is undergoing Chemo and hopes to be ready by March...

His physio Jatin Chaudhary told PTI that the cancer had been detected very early, in Stage-I, and was “100 per cent curable”. He added that the treatment was delayed because of wrong diagnosis by a hospital in India.

So despite all the advancements in India, it takes a Phoren doc/hospital to correctly diagnose.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Yuvraj tumor was cancerous Empty Re: Yuvraj tumor was cancerous

Post by Guest Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:29 pm

omg he has cancer? so young. And that too lung tumor. How come?

http://in.reuters.com/article/2012/02/05/yuvraj-singh-cancer-cricket-idINDEE81405720120205

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:11 pm

yuvraj is young to have lung cancer .if he didnt smoke ..and we dont know if he did or not ..even sportsmen have bad habits then he must have been inhaling secondary smoke for a long period of time

as a rule lung cancers are fatal but if this is stage 1 then perhaps chemotherapy will cure but nothing is certain .

why put the blame on Indian hospitals ?it can happen anywhere a benign lesion showing cancerous changes later

we are so quick to point a finger !!
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by The Absolute Zero Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:17 pm

chameli wrote:yuvraj is young to have lung cancer .if he didnt smoke ..and we dont know if he did or not ..even sportsmen have bad habits then he must have been inhaling secondary smoke for a long period of time

as a rule lung cancers are fatal but if this is stage 1 then perhaps chemotherapy will cure but nothing is certain .

why put the blame on Indian hospitals ?it can happen anywhere a benign lesion showing cancerous changes later

we are so quick to point a finger !!

Chameli

Do not jump so fast. Cancer cells are present in everybody's body all the time. It is like cholesterol an essential ingredient for survival. It is when the count goes above a normal limit cancer or chol become dangerous. BTW Yuvi has what is called "mediastinal seminoma," a germ-cell tumour located between his two lungs according to ESPN Cricinfo. It is curable.

Also FYI, cancer can attack ANYBODY, at any age and anywhere - no need to smoke or drink alcohol. My sister who never drank, smoked or drank coffee had breast cancer at 48 or so. She was pure vegetarian never even touched an egg, let alone meat. If someone told you that he got cancer because he smoked, it is only half the truth. Genetics matter a LOT in cancer. Peculiarly, cancer can strike every generation or can skip a generation and strike next generation and/or run through families like the Ganga river in spate. For my sister it was skipping generation attack (or so we believe becoz she hid it for 3 years and when her lymph nodes were blocked, hands swollen and she could not move out of her bed she "was taken" to see the oncologist for first time. It was by then TOOOO late and they told her to go home and die peacefully. She died in 6 mo after a few scans etc). Google will tell you that if anyone has metastacized (spread to other organs) cancer and if the cancer went to lymph nodes, even Lord Mrutyunjaya cannot breath life in. It is OVER. Period.

BTW the addage "Cancer patient dies once, but the survivors die every day," is VERY TRUE. I still cannot understand why my sis hid it for 3 years. She is one of those people I would like to punch in the face if I ever meet her in hell/heaven.

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:48 pm

sorry to hear about your sister TAZ.

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:12 pm

sorry to hear about your sister TAZ.

Looks like you still haven't healed from her death. Believe me it takes a long time to get over a loved one's death and hopefully by then you will forgive her for hiding her disease.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Absolute Zero Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:42 pm

doofus_maximus wrote:sorry to hear about your sister TAZ.

Looks like you still haven't healed from her death. Believe me it takes a long time to get over a loved one's death and hopefully by then you will forgive her for hiding her disease.

Yup. She was very adamant and brave. Even at her young age without any help from parents used to go everywhere and faced everything boldly. But what made her hide her cancer is something I cannot fathom even now. If she fought it bravely with her guts - as it was her wont - and succumbed, I would have never regreted it even for a moment. But she hid it until it was too late. That makes me ANGRY and btw I do not forget things easily. I am well known to take revenge - even if it is after 20 years. I could not even go and see her dead body when she died in India. All I did was to cry in the bathroom and hit walls with fists.

By dying like an earthworm what did she achieve? Oh well, may be she noticed my behavior and thought she was not worth living with idiots like me around her. Damn! That sux big time.Sad

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:52 pm

awww. how long ago was it TAZ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:13 pm

The Absolute Zero wrote:

Yup. She was very adamant and brave. Even at her young age without any help from parents used to go everywhere and faced everything boldly. But what made her hide her cancer is something I cannot fathom even now. If she fought it bravely with her guts - as it was her wont - and succumbed, I would have never regreted it even for a moment. But she hid it until it was too late. That makes me ANGRY and btw I do not forget things easily. I am well known to take revenge - even if it is after 20 years. I could not even go and see her dead body when she died in India. All I did was to cry in the bathroom and hit walls with fists.

By dying like an earthworm what did she achieve? Oh well, may be she noticed my behavior and thought she was not worth living with idiots like me around her. Damn! That sux big time.Sad

don't beat yourself over this. all this probably made you stronger. it did for me. cancer is a bitch! i should make that a bumber sticker on my car. having lost three generations of women to breast cancer including my mom, i don't think i can ever afford to look back.

chin up and sorry to hear about your sister.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by The Absolute Zero Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:awww. how long ago was it TAZ?

3 years.

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:53 pm

The Absolute Zero wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:awww. how long ago was it TAZ?

3 years.

that's still pretty recent. you will find in you to forgive and forget it all. Had she known she had cancer, she would have worked on it. But women, in general, have a habit of putting themselves last. based on your post, looks like she kept ignoring her ailments until it was too late.

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:47 pm

The Absolute Zero wrote:

It may be cliche but needs to said... Hate the disease, not the person.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:17 pm

zero,

Sorry about your loss .It is possible your sister did not have symptoms until the swelling showed up . and it was too late

she was brave .for some people death is personal .she did not want treatment

you sure are a strict stern man ..not able to forgive ur sister .

Yuvraj's cancer seems to be in the lymph nodes not the lung tissue ...more like a lymphoma .

Breast cancers run in the family ..annual mammograms then after age of 40 are required .
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down