Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What actual corruption looks like

4 posters

Go down

What actual corruption looks like Empty What actual corruption looks like

Post by Idéfix Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:23 pm

You can count on Republicans to steadfastly ignore the monumental levels of corruption in this administration. Trump used to say during the campaign that the rest of the world is laughing at us, but he was ahead of his times when he said that. People in third world countries who used to think the US system is less corrupt than their own countries now laugh at the US.

https://theintercept.com/2018/04/20/elliott-broidy-trump-russia-sanctions/

SHORTLY AFTER PRESIDENT Donald Trump was inaugurated last year, top Republican fundraiser Elliott Broidy offered Russian gas giant Novatek a $26 million lobbying plan aimed at removing the company from a U.S. sanctions list, according to documents obtained by The Intercept.

As the discussions continued, Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., and others began pushing legislation that would take the decision on whether to lift sanctions out of Trump’s hands and put Congress in control, a development that Novatek apparently recognized as a threat given that Broidy’s power to affect policy lay in his presumed influence with Trump.

In January 2017, Baev wrote to Broidy asking whether McCain’s bill would put their efforts at risk. “The client is asking how our road map would be affected by a new bill sponsored by Senator McCain to codify the existing sanctions and to impose new ones as a matter of federal law which the Administration will not be in a position to lift without consent of the US Congress. What are your thoughts on this?”

Broidy responded: “We need to convince McCain to abandon or water down the bill while we push the admin and other members of Senate to water down and vote no. Not a game changer.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

What actual corruption looks like Empty Re: What actual corruption looks like

Post by Idéfix Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:42 am

This is the second installment of the series on what corruption looks like in all its ugliness. This time, we have Mick Mulvaney, doer of two big jobs for the predisent. He is trying to outdo Scott Pruitt and the boss himself in "pay to play" corruption.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/business/wp/2018/04/25/mick-mulvaney-faces-backlash-after-telling-bankers-if-you-were-a-lobbyist-who-never-gave-us-money-i-didnt-talk-to-you/

“We had a hierarchy in my office, in Congress,” said Mulvaney, who was a leading conservative in Congress until Trump tapped him as his budget director (a role he also continues to serve in).

“If you were a lobbyist who never gave us money, I didn’t talk to you. If you were a lobbyist who gave us money, I might talk to you.”

Republicans will steadfastly ignore this.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:47 am

Idéfix wrote:This is the second installment of the series on what corruption looks like in all its ugliness. This time, we have Mick Mulvaney, doer of two big jobs for the predisent. He is trying to outdo Scott Pruitt and the boss himself in "pay to play" corruption.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/business/wp/2018/04/25/mick-mulvaney-faces-backlash-after-telling-bankers-if-you-were-a-lobbyist-who-never-gave-us-money-i-didnt-talk-to-you/

“We had a hierarchy in my office, in Congress,” said Mulvaney, who was a leading conservative in Congress  until Trump tapped him as his budget director (a role he also continues to serve in).

“If you were a lobbyist who never gave us money, I didn’t talk to you.  If you were a lobbyist who gave us money, I might talk to you.”

Wow, so they're trying honesty now? That sounds like a campaign ad to me.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:55 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Idéfix wrote:This is the second installment of the series on what corruption looks like in all its ugliness. This time, we have Mick Mulvaney, doer of two big jobs for the predisent. He is trying to outdo Scott Pruitt and the boss himself in "pay to play" corruption.

“We had a hierarchy in my office, in Congress,” said Mulvaney, who was a leading conservative in Congress  until Trump tapped him as his budget director (a role he also continues to serve in).

“If you were a lobbyist who never gave us money, I didn’t talk to you.  If you were a lobbyist who gave us money, I might talk to you.”

Wow, so they're trying honesty now? That sounds like a campaign ad to me.
Yes, in a world where "grab them by the pussy" is spun as "he tells it like it is!" you just have to lay it all out in the open, and the idiots will only support you more.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed May 09, 2018 5:25 pm

Next up in the series, Novartis says it paid Trump's "funneling" operation run by Cohen $1.2 million. They say it was for advice on certain healthcare policy matters. What was Cohen's expertise in healthcare policy to justify advice worth $100,000 a month? None. They say they realized after the first meeting with Cohen that he couldn't provide any useful advice, but still continued making payments anyway for one year!

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2018/05/09/novartis-discloses-it-paid-1-point-2m-to-michael-cohen-firm.html

How does a sophisticated company sign a contract worth $1.2 million with a guy who cannot deliver the services they want? How does said company then continue payments instead of terminating the contract for cause?

This is corruption plain and simple. But it is Republican corruption, so Fox News and resident trumptards will steadfastly ignore this.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Mon May 21, 2018 7:55 pm

Another example of corruption for the Republicans to carefully ignore.

https://apnews.com/a3521859cf8d4c199cb9a8567abd2b71
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by silvermani Tue May 22, 2018 3:10 am

Another example of Obummer's corruption for smugtards to ignore.      
FBI Informant Stefan Halper Paid Over $1 Million By Obama Admin; Spied On Trump Aide After Election https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-05-21/fbi-informant-stefan-halper-paid-over-1-million-obama-admin-spied-trump-aide-after#section-comments
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Tue May 22, 2018 8:36 am

silvermani wrote:Another example of Obummer's corruption for smugtards to ignore.      
FBI Informant Stefan Halper Paid Over $1 Million By Obama Admin; Spied On Trump Aide After Election https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-05-21/fbi-informant-stefan-halper-paid-over-1-million-obama-admin-spied-trump-aide-after#section-comments
Idiot,

Is this how you get your facts? Smile Some arbit site like ZeroHedge?
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue May 22, 2018 11:10 am

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/who-is-stefan-a-halper-the-fbi-source-who-assisted-the-russia-investigation/2018/05/21/22c46caa-5d42-11e8-9ee3-49d6d4814c4c_story.html?

Halper later worked for Sen. William Roth (R-Del.) before joining the George H.W. Bush campaign in 1980 as national policy development director and then working for the Reagan-Bush campaign as national director of policy coordination. In the Reagan administration, he served as deputy assistant secretary of state for politico-military affairs, according to his biography.

After the 1980 race, Halper was caught up in a scandal concerning alleged political spying. Aides to Reagan, including Halper, were accused of having spied on Carter’s campaign and obtaining private documents that Carter was using to prepare for a debate. Some Reagan White House officials later alleged that Halper had used former CIA agents to run an operation against Carter. Halper called the reports at the time “absolutely false” and has long denied the accusations.

Between 2000 and 2001, Halper contributed more than $85,000 to George W. Bush’s first presidential bid and the Republican National Committee, according to campaign finance records. Most friends describe him as a moderate Republican who is hawkish on China and deeply committed to U.S. institutions, having worked for years inside and around the federal governmen

Another Trumptard eruption is flaming out.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue May 22, 2018 11:27 am

silvermani wrote:Another example of Obummer's corruption for smugtards to ignore.      
Can you explain what corruption you are accusing, and who you are accusing of this corruption?

Thank you, BTW, for confirming what I said about steadfastly ignoring the blatant corruption of the Trump administration.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:45 am

Finally the last straw fell for the most corrupt cabinet member other than Trump himself. It is hard to tell exactly what it is that did Pruitt in, thanks to his amazing, tremendous series of swampy actions.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:10 am

Idéfix wrote:Finally the last straw fell for the most corrupt cabinet member other than Trump himself. It is hard to tell exactly what it is that did Pruitt in, thanks to his amazing, tremendous series of swampy actions.

I think it is the quest for unguents that did the unctuous one in.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down