Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Morning so far

+2
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Nila
6 posters

Go down

My Morning so far Empty My Morning so far

Post by Guest Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:55 am

1. Ginger-elaichi tea. This is a MUST. Day is a waste if I don't get this.

2. Checked sonny temp, gave him meds.

3. Emailed out for WFH. Hoosband still got the kid ready and dropped him at school. Might as well take advantage of my right-to-sulk while I can.

4. Dropped resume at 4-5 job openings.

5. Checked Astro profiles. Aiyo, Mercury retrograde is gonna shadow all of March and a good part of April. Made this mistake when starting the last job. Started RIGHT in the middle of one, knowingly, and see how it ended. So like, if I can't start a new job before March and I can't start until mid-April, might as well stop applying for a month.

Rolling eyes can stop rolling.

6. Sat down with a text book to prep for interviews. Instead THIS is what I spent most time doing. Close to two hours. Going through FB newsfeed, and checking out all likes of my friends that they did for others. People I either remotely know, or don't know at all! Specially old time pics. And then making up their stories in my head. And then dealing with mixed feelings of nostalgia and jealousy. Ewwwrybody seems to have it all. Ewwwwrybody but me.

Specially this girl, one year senior to me, in high school and in engineering. Is in my FB, but happened to run into all her happy pics from back then in other people's albums, so got reminded of her again. Same background. Pretty. Supposedly went for couple of dates with my ex. Is still very pretty. And fit. Has a perfect home and life. Runs in marathons and posts pics. Have a big social circle. Have it all. Nothing can ever go wrong with her. Good for her, but *jealous rage*.

Sigh, gotta stop FB browsing (or any site with pics) if I wanna do anything constructive with my own life. Or else I'll keep looking at pics and keep imagining that others are having much more fun than I am. It may be true, but I don't want to know. Sad

Back to top Go down

My Morning so far Empty Re: My Morning so far

Post by Nila Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:05 am

I don't log into FB, may be coz I don't have many college friends...most of them are co-workers and family. Family is mostly...younger generation and all those Akka, Chikkamma (Chitti, Aunty) irks me. I tell them - no relationship callings, but yet then they address me with my full name - far worse. Sigh!
I have like n number of unread notes...one of these days gonna login...

Btw, I applied for this dream job of mine and made it thru 3 rounds and have a full day interview by the end of this week and so damn scared! Krishna, Allah, Jesus....help me!

Sigh! Sigh!!

Morning...juzz havin coffee.

Last edited by Sasthi on Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:08 am

oh wow. I would die 300 times if I'm made to go through 3 rounds of anything.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:10 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:oh wow. I would die 300 times if I'm made to go through 3 rounds of anything.

I know, right! Gee...at least it will be over by the end of this week! Full day tech interview...imagine!

I am thinking...should I take it or not! Sigh!! Already my brain froze with all the preparations.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:16 am

Btw, my last 2 jobs there were no tech interview, it was only one phone call and I got the offer within 2 days! Where are those days...? Where? Where? Where?
Been talking so many interviews and nothing so far?!
May be its' the mercury?!

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:26 am

the good thing is that you are at the right stage of preps when your dream job came along. Guess it should go good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:30 am

Hopefully! Will update only if it goes good.
Have a good rest of the day...tc.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:49 am

Btw, did you try making roti with avocados...it's super delicious and soft and also needs less oil or no oil.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:00 pm

Sasthi wrote:I don't log into FB, may be coz I don't have many college friends...most of them are co-workers and family. Family is mostly...younger generation and all those Akka, Chikkamma (Chitti, Aunty) irks me. I tell them - no relationship callings, but yet then they address me with my full name - far worse. Sigh!

Btw, I applied for this dream job of mine and made it thru 3 rounds and have a full day interview by the end of this week and so damn scared! Krishna, Allah, Jesus....help me!

Sigh! Sigh!!

Most of my FB list are cousin types, schoolmates, and a couple of co-workers. My cousins call me 'Hey Maamu" in madraasi iShtyle.... My friends call me sOmari.... of course...my FB page uses a fake name...

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:13 pm

Sasthi wrote:Btw, my last 2 jobs there were no tech interview, it was only one phone call and I got the offer within 2 days! Where are those days...? Where? Where? Where?

why am I not surprised?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:29 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Sasthi wrote:Btw, my last 2 jobs there were no tech interview, it was only one phone call and I got the offer within 2 days! Where are those days...? Where? Where? Where?

why am I not surprised?

You are so weird...what is there to be surprised! If you don't have anything creative to say...pls don't say.

THANKS!

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekz Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:12 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Sasthi wrote:I don't log into FB, may be coz I don't have many college friends...most of them are co-workers and family. Family is mostly...younger generation and all those Akka, Chikkamma (Chitti, Aunty) irks me. I tell them - no relationship callings, but yet then they address me with my full name - far worse. Sigh!

Sigh! Sigh!!

Most of my FB list are cousin types, schoolmates, and a couple of co-workers. My cousins call me 'Hey Maamu" in madraasi iShtyle.... My friends call me sOmari.... of course...my FB page uses a fake name...

Hey Maamu-va ????? Sounds very naarthi...
Rekz
Rekz

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:17 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:

Thought you were not going to work for sometime and take the rest of the year off ?

(If it is bcz of the sudden change in positions of Saturn and Mercury, then I can understand)

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:24 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:

Thought you were not going to work for sometime and take the rest of the year off ?

(If it is bcz of the sudden change in positions of Saturn and Mercury, then I can understand)

just going thru the motions of doing 'what makes sense'.

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:02 pm

Sasthi wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

why am I not surprised?

You are so weird...what is there to be surprised! If you don't have anything creative to say...pls don't say.

THANKS!

you talking in an interview and then not getting the job. that's not surprising to me for some reason

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:41 pm

If you don't have anything creative to say...pls don't say.

THANKS!
Gee!

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:47 pm

Sasthi wrote:If you don't have anything creative to say...pls don't say.

THANKS!
Gee!

Why this Kolaveri....Chikkamma

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:53 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Sasthi wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

why am I not surprised?

THANKS!

you talking in an interview and then not getting the job. that's not surprising to me for some reason

erhaps sasthi is being creative about talking interviews.. like, give it a listen..that's what normal people do in interviews..talking..BTW, as the resident expert, please enlighten us: writing perfect in forums - is it such a critical criterion for coding ?

sasthi- devaru oLLedhu mAdali

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:00 pm

Sasthi wrote:If you don't have anything creative to say...pls don't say.

THANKS!
Gee!

Why this Kolaveri....Chikkamma

Neengaluma!? I don't have any Kolaveri - World Peace is my motto. Ethellam Therinja Neengala...Ippadi Ketakreenga!?

Ayyo!

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:12 pm

i also want to say something here but i am searching for words.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:23 pm

Impedimenta wrote:i also want to say something here but i am searching for words.

you should say aiyyoooo neelungama..ellam therinja neengale...thenmekku paravukkaastru...sanjay subramaniniyam sexy sexy kolavari daa kolavari daa

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:28 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Impedimenta wrote:i also want to say something here but i am searching for words.

you should say aiyyoooo neelungama..ellam therinja neengale...thenmekku paravukkaastru...sanjay subramaniniyam sexy sexy kolavari daa kolavari daa

my words = two or maybe three words at the most. this sir, is an essay and not my cuppa tea. just saying.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:35 pm

Impedimenta wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

my words = two or maybe three words at the most. this sir, is an essay and not my cuppa tea. just saying.

ok try kolavari da/di/deh

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:37 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:

LOL props lol! My Morning so far 459784477

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:46 pm

GK, are you laughing at me and making fun of me?

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:49 pm

garam_kuta wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
Sasthi wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

why am I not surprised?

THANKS!

erhaps sasthi is being creative about talking interviews.. like, give it a listen..that's what normal people do in interviews..talking..BTW, as the resident expert, please enlighten us: writing perfect in forums - is it such a critical criterion for coding ?

sasthi- devaru oLLedhu mAdali

Thank you Gk...Santhosa...

Did you call me expert?!

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:53 pm

Enna Kolakari...yeppai Irukka?

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:45 am

Tracy dear, I am in the same to same situation. The grass is always green(er) on the other side of me. Don't why, but it always is. Sometimes, someone with a distorted perception tells me that it's green on my side too. I ain't no fool to believe that. I know it's a load of bull* coz on my side there's nothing green. It's all barren. *sigh!* vot2do?

Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down