Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arnold-Maria Shriver separate after 25 years

+4
Propagandhi711
indophile
charvaka
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
8 posters

Go down

Arnold-Maria Shriver separate after 25 years Empty Arnold-Maria Shriver separate after 25 years

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue May 10, 2011 12:03 am

Congratulations and God bless them in their new endeavors.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Arnold-Maria Shriver separate after 25 years Empty Re: Arnold-Maria Shriver separate after 25 years

Post by charvaka Tue May 10, 2011 12:13 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:Congratulations and God bless them in their new endeavors.
Their joint mission is now accomplished, and now they go their individual ways. Had Arnie been a citizen by birth rather than naturalization, they wouldn't have separated at this point in their political career!
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Arnold-Maria Shriver separate after 25 years Empty Re: Arnold-Maria Shriver separate after 25 years

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue May 10, 2011 1:00 am

perhaps true. That is why i wished them good luck in their games.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Tue May 10, 2011 9:25 am

It's a wonder they stayed together for 25 years.
Republican vs. Democrat
Jock vs. delicate
Man of physical action vs. Woman of nuanced communication
Hick vs. Hip;
and so many other differences.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue May 10, 2011 9:28 am

other differences:

freaky muscle dude with annoying accent vs. well spoken blueblood with pirates of the carribean look

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue May 10, 2011 9:29 am

he works his biceps religiously vs she keeps her lantern jaws in very good shape

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue May 10, 2011 10:53 am

If Al and Tipper can do it after 40 years, 25 years is a very short time.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue May 10, 2011 10:57 am

i hate the cynicism in this thread. if it was just a marriage of convenience, why the heck would they want to raise four children together? they just fell out of love with the passage of time. not a crime and they're separating with dignity without becoming fodder for the paparazzi.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 10, 2011 11:29 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:i hate the cynicism in this thread. if it was just a marriage of convenience, why the heck would they want to raise four children together? they just fell out of love with the passage of time. not a crime and they're separating with dignity without becoming fodder for the paparazzi.

aren't you contradicting yourself... on one hand you are calling it a marriage of convenience, and then questioning why shd they stay together to raise the children... I mean if they indeed married for convenience, than it makes more case to stay together for the kids...... otoh you are justifying that it's ok to move on if no love is left...what love?

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue May 10, 2011 11:36 am

i didn't say it was a marriage of convenience. i said "IF it was a marriage of convenience....".

eta: to further clarify -- if it was a marriage of convenience to begin with, why bring kids into the equation? and they seem to have kept adding kids at a fairly regular interval.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 10, 2011 11:39 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:i didn't say it was a marriage of convenience. i said "IF it was a marriage of convenience....".

ah ok... "if it was just a marriage of convenience, why the heck would they want to raise four children together?"

Well, how old are the kids? btw, according to you, in a marriage of convenience the couple would NOT want to stay together to raise the kids? I think they would... no?

k, sorry if I am too confused today... theme of the day.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue May 10, 2011 11:43 am

if it was a marriage of convenience to begin with, the logical thing to do would be to not bring children into the world. if not and it became a marriage of convenience at some point, at least stop adding kids; but yes staying together to raise children preferably to adulthood is the least they could do unless there is physical or mental abuse or some such thing in the marriage. of course this is from my perspective conditioned heavily by the culture in which i was raised. goes without saying that others' mileage and tolerance for unhappiness may vary.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Tue May 10, 2011 11:52 am

indophile wrote:It's a wonder they stayed together for 25 years.
Republican vs. Democrat
Jock vs. delicate
Man of physical action vs. Woman of nuanced communication
Hick vs. Hip;
and so many other differences.

That's what I felt even when they were together. Opposites attract but not forever I guess.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue May 17, 2011 11:17 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:if it was a marriage of convenience to begin with, the logical thing to do would be to not bring children into the world. if not and it became a marriage of convenience at some point, at least stop adding kids; but yes staying together to raise children preferably to adulthood is the least they could do unless there is physical or mental abuse or some such thing in the marriage. of course this is from my perspective conditioned heavily by the culture in which i was raised. goes without saying that others' mileage and tolerance for unhappiness may vary.
http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/05/17/california.schwarzenegger/index.html?hpt=T1
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue May 17, 2011 11:45 am

The fact that this happened 10 years ago (I am sure Maria knew about it) shows that it was indeed a marriage of convenience.

Don't be shocked if they reconciled, and Arnie Repented and sought forgiveness from everyone - include Jesus.

What is it with the maid thing? Is it the latest fashion to do housemaids ?

I blame "George" for starting this trend.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Tue May 17, 2011 9:47 pm

I think he divulged it after finishing up his term. I don't see reconciliation here. Feel bad for her and the kids.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue May 17, 2011 10:14 pm

wish the paparazzi would leave them alone. i am sure there is pain enough to deal with notwithstanding the public interest. i feel terrible for her and in a way for him too.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down