Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don't Become a Slave of Your Likes and Dislikes | Swami Chinmayananda

3 posters

Go down

Don't Become a Slave of Your Likes and Dislikes | Swami Chinmayananda Empty Don't Become a Slave of Your Likes and Dislikes | Swami Chinmayananda

Post by FluteHolder Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:58 pm

Hola Folks,

Hope  you are all doing fine...

Enjoy...

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Don't Become a Slave of Your Likes and Dislikes | Swami Chinmayananda Empty Re: Don't Become a Slave of Your Likes and Dislikes | Swami Chinmayananda

Post by Seva Lamberdar Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:09 am

During early 1970s, when I was a grad student at UH Honolulu, Swami Chinmayananda visited the Univ. and gave a series of lectures on Vedanta in the evenings for about a week. I also attended a number of them and I still remember the chart (with letters V, B, M,...) used by him during lectures which is also seen in this video.

Swami Chinmayananda was quite popular then among overseas Indian community. His lectures used to be quite light-hearted and enjoyable in spite of being rich in philosophy and deep meaning.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Don't Become a Slave of Your Likes and Dislikes | Swami Chinmayananda Empty Re: Don't Become a Slave of Your Likes and Dislikes | Swami Chinmayananda

Post by FluteHolder Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:44 pm

SevaJi,

You must have been blessed to attend his teachings in person.

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:03 pm

FHji,
Yes, it was quite unexpected in my case to attend some of Swami Chinmayananda's lectures (2 out of 7, I think), since I had no prior knowledge about him (not even having heard his name before) and then just accidentally (out of curiosity mainly) ending up in the auditorium during one of his lectures (near the end of lecture series).
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:47 pm

I shall ask again FH -

"Dont become slaves of your likes and dislikes" ?

A father or mother STARTS doing that the very first night their first baby cries during the middle of the night?

What like? And what dislike?

I have a serious problem with Eastern teachers who were the worst parents, if they were one to begin with.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:16 pm

Seva Ji:
Even 2 days in his presence you are blessed. Most of us donot know our blessings until it is too late or becomes irrelevant. 

TS:
Dont worry too much. IT is ALL done/being done/will be done as already decided and  with a bit in your control. I wish we all had this wisdom years ago or taught and would have changed our lives much more +vely.
Just need to sit quietly and contemplate on your questions, or if you have time meet/attend some good course/session with a real Guruji...
Goodluck.

If a M/F  donot know a baby will cry, then they should never brought a baby into this world! 
Blaming eastern teachers is like crying  that the dance floor is not right when you donot know how to dance! Smile (sorry, some rough translation of a old saying).

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:20 pm

"If a Mother/Father do not know a baby will cry, then they should never brought a baby into this world! " 

That is a seriously wrong statement FH.

Regards, and G'nite.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down