Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to fool a Tamilian who dislikes Hindi

Go down

How to fool a Tamilian who dislikes Hindi Empty How to fool a Tamilian who dislikes Hindi

Post by Guest Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:26 pm

The following narrative of David Matthews is pertinent if only to demonstrate the interchangeability of the spoken Hindi and Urdu by the common man of India: “In a hotel in Madras, I called the waiter and ordered my tea in Urdu and asked him his name. The waiter looked very uncomfortable and declared that he disliked Hindi and that in Madras they spoke only Tamil. I told him at once: ‘But I am not speaking Hindi, I am actually talking to you in Urdu.’ He at once relaxed and said: ‘What a sweet language! Urdu is a beautiful language with such beautiful ghazals and poetry.”

http://www.thehindu.com/features/friday-review/the-language-of-many-tongues/article7612174.ece

Back to top Go down

How to fool a Tamilian who dislikes Hindi Empty Re: How to fool a Tamilian who dislikes Hindi

Post by Kayalvizhi Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:31 pm

It shows that Tamils are open minded people. Only reason they oppose Hindi is it is imposed.

Thanks Rashmun for posting things that support our position.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down