Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OCD Radar

2 posters

Go down

OCD Radar Empty OCD Radar

Post by desi aunty Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:53 pm

i got a 100%, but i think in this test pretty much everyone else will 

http://trendingpost.club/quiz/p/how-sensitive-is-your-ocd-radar

OCD, OCD, OCD!

You have a killer eye for spotting the tiniest, most invisible inaccuracies, errors and mistakes. And it's very important to you to correct them Smile

This special combination is what makes you a perfectionist in everything you do. It's great that you want things to go the right way and always ready to fight for it, but you also need to give yourself a break sometimes. It's hard (and not always necessary) to be 100% perfect all the time.

desi aunty

Back to top Go down

OCD Radar Empty Re: OCD Radar

Post by Kris Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:18 pm

I got 100% as well which is surprising. I pick up cues very easily in behavior, numerical data and written works. On a personal level, I am lazy with details. I have to make an effort. With geometric patterns, I would have guessed maybe 80% probability at detecting aberrations. My OCD is selective.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by desi aunty Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:36 am

i think i have some traits of OCD, but am pretty sure am low on the radar, and most of my traits wouldn't last. i think i had it more when i was younger - not stepping on cracks, doing math and other logical operations on the numbers on license plates, scraping clean every millimeter of combs and hair brushes, wiping my plates clean, doing things in a set pattern, complaining if anyone left a cabinet door half open. i didn't know all this was OCD until my sis told me once jokingly, and i later began reading about it. i have somewhat learned to control it now, coz i am also lazy and i don't like the consequences sometimes, e.g. when i start cleaning, i tire myself out, and i get sick coz i have allergies, so i go into that spin only sometimes. i have been laden with superstitions all my life, but am loosening up on those too with time. it feels liberating actually when you break out of a pattern. i think i ended up with people who are complete opposite, even atheists. my first conflicts began happening right after marriage when XH would shoot down half of my hangups. and then i kept on finding people with even stronger non-obsession attitudes. with time they influenced me enough to not to be so stuck on stuff.  i still sometimes get late to places coz i would decide to balance my books or cook or clean right at that time if it went into my head; and i still need my blanket be spread a certain way, and i don't rest until i am able to make a perfect foot pocket; and i still make sure that none of my private clothes land on the floor; and at work i redo the code or a document over and over until its to my liking (this too was more when i was younger). Overall, I would say, i have a functional OCD, if that's a thing.

desi aunty

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:48 pm

Up to a point it is harmless and i think most people have it to some degree. It does get detrimental when it hampers you from getting things done. I think it is driven by some underlying superstition which makes us feel if we don’t do some thing “correctly”, things won’t unfold the way we want. One saving grace for me was that I bought into the idea of “ready, fire, aim!” which was helpful in the early stages of my career, when speed was essential and even trumped accuracy of work. The idea was do it first, fix your work later rather than aim for perfection at the outset. This has sorta permeated into my personal life.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by desi aunty Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:17 pm

Kris wrote:Up to a point it is harmless and i think most people have it to some degree. It does get detrimental when it hampers you from getting things done. I think it is driven by some underlying superstition which makes us feel if we don’t do some thing “correctly”, things won’t unfold the way we want. One saving grace for me was that I bought into the idea of “ready, fire, aim!” which was helpful in the early stages of my career, when speed was essential and even trumped accuracy of work. The idea was do it first, fix your work later rather than aim for perfection at the outset. This has sorta permeated into my personal life.

hmm, that's cool. i have accepted the fact that i am a lazy person. so even if i am over working, it's with the goal of my need to not-work. like I take a lot of stress now, so that i don't have to scramble when things are in a pressure cooker. 

(this is my bragging saturday haha. am waiting to get motivated enough to go clean my bathroom lol).

desi aunty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down